• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahh, so the Seahawks WERE screwed

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he manned up and admitted his mistake like Joyce did. People can accept that even if it hurts. I hate to say it but it's better than the dog and pony show the NHL put's on when one of their officials blows a call.

They must have a powerful union.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for continuing this, but Mike Pereira has quoted me on "impacting the game" :)

Super Bowl XL: Mike Pereira Says Leavy Didn't Err | Bleacher Report

I posted this article in the swamp version of the steelers board @ the esPeon. Pereira sums up that, other than the 15 yd penalty to Hasselhoff, the rest of the calls were legit. Seattle fans, and the Steeler haters will never be convinced differently, and that's fine. Many Seattle vets have made recent comments about Leavy's admission that they made too many mistakes to win that game.... regardless of one or two blown calls.

As a lifelong Steeler fan, i've witnessed them being fucked over by the zebras as much as the next franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier in the thread, the NFL higher ups, current and former, can say the calls were right all they want. For me, not fining Holmgren tells me everything I need to know about what they really thought about the officiating in XL. Actions always have and always will speak much, much louder than words.

Oh and TimStealersFan wears black and yellow glasses that are 3 feet thick.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier in the thread, the NFL higher ups, current and former, can say the calls were right all they want. For me, not fining Holmgren tells me everything I need to know about what they really thought about the officiating in XL. Actions always have and always will speak much, much louder than words.

Oh and TimStealersFan wears black and yellow glasses that are 3 feet thick.

Not really. Ray Lewis shoots his mouth off annually in post-game pressers about poor officiating. He's been fined for very few of his comments. Bill Cowher tore up the officials after the 2002 divisional loss to the Titans that allowed them to re-kick a 31 yard field goal in OT to win it.... they did not fine the chin.

Actions may speak louder than words, but that isn't always the case. Judgment calls by the officials really can't be disputed. They're human, humans make errors.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Ray Lewis shoots his mouth off annually in post-game pressers about poor officiating. He's been fined for very few of his comments. Bill Cowher tore up the officials after the 2002 divisional loss to the Titans that allowed them to re-kick a 31 yard field goal in OT to win it.... they did not fine the chin.

Actions may speak louder than words, but that isn't always the case. Judgment calls by the officials really can't be disputed. They're human, humans make errors.

2002 was back before the NFL fined you for sneezing on the field, 2006 wasn't. And please, Ray Lewis has been fined more times than I can count. I don't expect a Stealers fan to admit it, but the officiating had an impact on XL and all this fine stuff aside, I'm definitely going to take the word of the official who made the call over some guy who sits in an office. The officiating in XL was poor and everyone outside of Pittsburgh knows it.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2002 was back before the NFL fined you for sneezing on the field, 2006 wasn't. And please, Ray Lewis has been fined more times than I can count. I don't expect a Stealers fan to admit it, but the officiating had an impact on XL and all this fine stuff aside, I'm definitely going to take the word of the official who made the call over some guy who sits in an office. The officiating in XL was poor and everyone outside of Pittsburgh knows it.

The officiating was poor, I'll admit that, but it's no different than any other game. Refs blow calls all the time in all professional sports, see the vid three posts up.

Leavy regrets two calls in the fourth quarter, but those two calls didn't cost you the game. Your kicker shanking two field goals, and Stevens dropping a touchdown pass stick out just as much. Your own players have said this week that Leavy can't take responsibility for their shortcomings.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a Stealers fan to admit it, but the officiating had an impact on XL and all this fine stuff aside, The officiating in XL was poor and everyone outside of Pittsburgh knows it.

This "Stealer" fan does admit it. The officiating WAS bad in XL, but on both sides of the ball. It wasn't nearly as lopsided as some make it out to be.

I'm definitely going to take the word of the official who made the call over some guy who sits in an office.
"some guy" ...no longer in an office (retired), and he held a weekly segment on NFL Network for years explaining controversial calls of the week (with video backup). He was always logical, knowledgeable and level-headed (which means admitting and not glossing over when calls were wrong). I'll take his assessment over Leavy's emotional reaction to being up-close and personal with the Seahawks training camp.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance any fan of an NFL team other than the Steelers doesn't think the reffing was completely biased and one-sided in that game? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Didn't think so.

But, ya, Pittsburgh fans have it right. It's the fans of the other 31 teams that have it wrong. HAHAHAHA. Ya, hey.

Really Dup? You make a new account with this name to post this? And yet we are all so ruined by you...

Get a Websters and look up the definition of irony. At least you are good for a laugh once in a while.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dup's argument may not be valid as it is coming from Dup, but he does have a point. In general football fans outside of Pittsbugh think the Stealers got the benefit of the officiating, and yes I do have proof.

These questions got over 100,000 votes, so it's a pretty good sample size. Some of the questions are in the Seahawks favor almost 3-1. Now I know Seahawks fans don't outnumber Stealers fans 3-1 so that tells you what the fans really thought about XL. For those who ventured to the NFL board back then there was also a thread titled, "These aren't Seahawks fans complaining" that got to over 1,000 responses the night of XL before it got axed. So if Stealers fans want to live in their own little world that's fine. But don't try to pretend like the officiating had no outcome on the game. The Seahawks never were given a real shot to win it.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dup's argument may not be valid as it is coming from Dup, but he does have a point. In general football fans outside of Pittsbugh think the Stealers got the benefit of the officiating, and yes I do have proof.

These questions got over 100,000 votes, so it's a pretty good sample size. Some of the questions are in the Seahawks favor almost 3-1. Now I know Seahawks fans don't outnumber Stealers fans 3-1 so that tells you what the fans really thought about XL. For those who ventured to the NFL board back then there was also a thread titled, "These aren't Seahawks fans complaining" that got to over 1,000 responses the night of XL before it got axed. So if Stealers fans want to live in their own little world that's fine. But don't try to pretend like the officiating had no outcome on the game. The Seahawks never were given a real shot to win it.

Officiating effects the outcome of every game in every sport that has officials.

A lot of Steelers fans I know acknowledge the fact the game had shit officiating, myself included.

I personally don't care though. No room on the Stanley Cup for a story... err... the Lombardi Trophy.

PittsburghCheats' argument (I won't just assume it's Dup) seemed to be that there is no chance that anyone outside of Pittsburgh would agree the refs didn't directly decide the winner, and that everyone in Pittsburgh thought the game had fine officiating. That's retarded. That's what I had an issue with. People making up "facts" to support their arguments.

Anyway, was the officiating in the game bad? Sure. Still absolutely no proof Seattle would have won had there been perfect officiating. Sorry, Matt Hasselbeck getting a bad call against him after he had just thrown an interception isn't leading me to believe an automatic Seahawks victory.

super_bowl_xl_6L.jpg

Woooo

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you know its simple logic that when you play 'what ifs' and change a bad call or bad play, that everything else changes in favor of the team that was hurt by the bad call. Its just logic. So yeah, if you change those calls the Seahawks win 38 to 10. Somehow.

Similar to if the Bruins beat the Leafs 8-1 but the Leafs have a goal disallowed for a phantom high stick when the score is 2-1; if you could go back and change that then the Leafs win 6-2.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
PittsburghCheats' argument (I won't just assume it's Dup) seemed to be that there is no chance that anyone outside of Pittsburgh would agree the refs didn't directly decide the winner, and that everyone in Pittsburgh thought the game had fine officiating. That's retarded. That's what I had an issue with. People making up "facts" to support their arguments.

which tells you exactly who it is.

anyways... what is you avatar from? Reminds me of the movie "Hank and Mike"

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which tells you exactly who it is.

anyways... what is you avatar from? Reminds me of the movie "Hank and Mike"

It's just some pink bunny that runs around and chugs a beer to start Green Day concerts. Apparently does it for every show. I saw them in Buffalo last week and thought the rabbit was amusing enough for a summertime avatar.