• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After reflecting on another lousy season...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I can honestly conclude the biggest buzz kill to 2021 was not how bad the Broncos were. Though that should have been enough. What really killed this year was the NFL's 17 game regular season. Call me crazy but seeing an odd number for every team's final record is making me twitch. I may seek help for this. I swear the NFL tries a little harder with every passing year to ruin the league.

That is all. Thank you for listening.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should rest easy in a few years when there is an 18 game schedule and we go back to having even numbers.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I never liked the 18 game proposal either. The league's symmetry and scheduling methodology was as perfect at 16 games as it was ever going to get. Especially beginning in 2002 when the league realigned with the addition of the Texans. It will never again be as good as it was.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I swear the NFL tries a little harder with every passing year to ruin the league.
What concerns me as far a ruining a good thing is the consideration the NFL is giving to adding teams in London and Mexico City .. Especially London considering the travel and time difference .... It's one thing if two teams from the states have to travel and play under the same sleep deprived conditions, but if there is a team that is based in the UK ,, what a nightmare ..

This might be a bit selfish, but I enjoyed the extra week of game ( ducks under desk to avoid flying tomatoes ) ... esp the final Raiders vs Chargers OT thriller ..

Maybe a 17 game schedule will be easier to digest if it means another win for the Broncos, as opposed to the way the past few seasons have just crawled to an eventless death ..

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don’t want to see the NFL expand, especially over seasons. The Broncos have publicly stated they want to play a game in Mexico City, and I could see that becoming an annual thing like the Jaguars playing in London, sadly. I think these international games are good for the business of the NFL but hard on players and coaches. I would be more a fan if for the 17th game, it was played at a neutral site like London, Mexico City, Canada, or places that do not have a team in the US.

I also agree that as a fan I did enjoy an extra week of football, but completely get why the players would have concerns or be flat out opposed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love football I did not enjoy the extra week. Especially with covid being an issue. More players injured. Tainted records. I also enjoy the final week being the New Year week. Tradition. It felt weird. It didn't feel right. I will get use to it but when do we stop? Are people going to be ok with Week 19 and week 20 and so on? Let's play spring football! I know it is only one week but tradition means something to me when it comes to the NFL. Goodell is trying to put his stamp on the NFL. I don't see the point in the adding the extra game. Yes, I understand the got rid of much needed to PreSeason games. Not a huge deal to me but it irks me that so many players didn't vote on this. I don't see the Broncos playing in London as an annual thing. Those usually go to low market teams. Denver just simply hasn't played in one very often. They are one of the teams to play in the fewest. They just want the experience. I don't think they are calling for it to be a yearly thing nor do I think the NFL will make them become one of the Florida teams who seem to always play over seas.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 teams, 16 weeks, 8 playoff teams per conference. That feels right.

Not this 17 week, 8.725 playoff teams bs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a breath.

Think about what you're discussing. 32 filthy rich people, own a product that mire than one billion people enjoy for seven months of every year. Roughly 10 million people are directly connected to it and make a living from that product. Those filthy rich peoplehave formed a club and control who can join and do so. If you're filthy rich and want to buy one of their franchises, you must agree to make all of your fellow club members and yourself even mire filthy rich.

As fan of thosepople's product, they will listen to what you have to say but will not act upon it if it is not profitable immediately or it does not have a large return on their investment within a relatively short period of time.

Expansion to Europe will nit take place in the near future for exactly the reasons that have been discussed. Mre importantly, the NFLPA doesnit want a team in Europe. They want a conference of teams in Europe. Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece would be the base, but at leasttwo moire teams would be needed. The problem is that there isn't the overall interest and twice pro football in Europe has failed. Only basketball has been able to compete for European money against soccer and auto racing. Even baseball has less than even a passing interest.

Eventully, the NFL will expand the season to 20 games. No preseason games. Roster will be expanded to 100 players with 20 being on the practice squad and a weekly active roster of 65 players. The season will start with training camp opening on July 5th and the first games being played the last weekend in August and the Superbowl the last Sunday in February.

It's simple..........................FOLLOW THE MONEY

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a breath.

Think about what you're discussing. 32 filthy rich people, own a product that mire than one billion people enjoy for seven months of every year. Roughly 10 million people are directly connected to it and make a living from that product. Those filthy rich peoplehave formed a club and control who can join and do so. If you're filthy rich and want to buy one of their franchises, you must agree to make all of your fellow club members and yourself even mire filthy rich.

As fan of thosepople's product, they will listen to what you have to say but will not act upon it if it is not profitable immediately or it does not have a large return on their investment within a relatively short period of time.

Expansion to Europe will nit take place in the near future for exactly the reasons that have been discussed. Mre importantly, the NFLPA doesnit want a team in Europe. They want a conference of teams in Europe. Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece would be the base, but at leasttwo moire teams would be needed. The problem is that there isn't the overall interest and twice pro football in Europe has failed. Only basketball has been able to compete for European money against soccer and auto racing. Even baseball has less than even a passing interest.

Eventully, the NFL will expand the season to 20 games. No preseason games. Roster will be expanded to 100 players with 20 being on the practice squad and a weekly active roster of 65 players. The season will start with training camp opening on July 5th and the first games being played the last weekend in August and the Superbowl the last Sunday in February.

It's simple..........................FOLLOW THE MONEY

What is wrong with you?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I can honestly conclude the biggest buzz kill to 2021 was not how bad the Broncos were. Though that should have been enough. What really killed this year was the NFL's 17 game regular season. Call me crazy but seeing an odd number for every team's final record is making me twitch. I may seek help for this. I swear the NFL tries a little harder with every passing year to ruin the league.

That is all. Thank you for listening.

I feel you. NFL needs to go back to the normal 16 game schedule. Same time not a huge deal to me although I am not a fan I will get use to it. Ruins the history of the NFL to me a bit but by the time I am 80 everything will seem normal. ;)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you. NFL needs to go back to the normal 16 game schedule. Same time not a huge deal to me although I am not a fan I will get use to it. Ruins the history of the NFL to me a bit but by the time I am 80 everything will seem normal. ;)
Wait, I thought you already were 80? :suds::heh:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extra game was weird but didn't bother me as much as another season not making the playoffs and NO CLOSER to having a franchise quarterback. This carousel has gotten very old. I'd be fine with 18 games if the Broncos could just find their way back to relevance.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the goal was to make the playoffs, but this team was relevant in December. This team has also taken steps toward a return to the winning ways of the past. I think the offensive problems began with Shurmur and trying to get more efficient at the QB position. That obviously didn’t work as becoming more efficient completely removed explosive plays from the offense.

The prof is in the results. The Drew Lock/Jeff Driskel/Brett Rypien/Kendall Hinton of 2020 scored an average of 20.2 points per game. This last season of Teddy Bridgewater/Drew Lock averaged 19.7. Obviously not the not the result the coaching staff was going for.