• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC/NFC Championships.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is great at what he is asked to do. People bring up his WR's or lack there of. He had the same Golden Tate that Stafford did, Tate didn't produce like he did this year and that's with him being their number1 for most of the year. Wilson isn't asked to do those things regularly. The Seahawks are a run first team with a strong defense. When asked to make a play whether it be a throw or a run, he makes it. The dude is clutch. At the end of the day, I'll take winning, however it happens.

I would say Wilson actually had a better year, due to progression. Accounted for more TDs, more yards, and less turnovers, despite running and passing more.

But I'm glad you brought up Golden Tate. With Stafford instead of Wilson, Tate had more receptions and yards. And a higher drop %, a lower yards per catch, less Touchdowns, and a lower % of receptions on targets. All with more weapons around him on a worse offense.

Those are facts(except for the more weapons part, that's my opinion). Anyone can go ahead and flip that how they want. What you definitely cant take out of that is Golden Tate with Stafford is vastly superior to when he was with Tate.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford = better passer. Wilson = better QB.

Also, Wilson fumbled the ball a whopping 11 times this year. Somehow, Seattle recovered every single one. That's pretty damn lucky no matter how biased one is.

And I'm not saying Russell Wilson isn't a good QB- he is; I'm just saying he isn't an upper-echelon passer. He's the best running QB in the game right now, that definitely counts for something. There's more than one way to play QB in the NFL.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is definitely a top 5 QB, right now. If you put him outside the top 10, you are fucking nuts.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm glad you brought up Golden Tate. With Stafford instead of Wilson, Tate had more receptions and yards. And a higher drop %, a lower yards per catch, less Touchdowns, and a lower % of receptions on targets. All with more weapons around him on a worse offense.

Those are facts(except for the more weapons part, that's my opinion).
Tate's drop % this year was 1.4% compared to 2% last year. He dropped the same amount of passes(2) with more targets.

His ypc was only .6 yards less this year than last, hardly a huge difference. And he only had one less TD, but caught most of them when CJ was injured. CJ will always be Staff's número uno target, which needs to change but is understandable.

His % of receptions to targets is also 5% higher than last year.

I'm honestly not sure what you were arguing, I just wanted those numbers out there.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate's drop % this year was 1.4% compared to 2% last year. He dropped the same amount of passes(2) with more targets.

His ypc was only .6 yards less this year than last, hardly a huge difference. And he only had one less TD, but caught most of them when CJ was injured. CJ will always be Staff's número uno target, which needs to change but is understandable.

I'm honestly not sure what you were arguing, I just wanted those numbers out there.

Another factor is the Seahawks offense. Defenses stack the box with an eye on the QB because of his running ability. Lots of favorable matchups for WR's. I don't see how one could/would argue that this was Tates best season.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor is the Seahawks offense. Defenses stack the box with an eye on the QB because of his running ability. Lots of favorable matchups for WR's. I don't see how one could/would argue that this was Tates best season.

I'd argue that this was Tate's best season.

:nod:

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got me on that last 1.

Golden Tate targets and utilization stats

Shit was hard to read from my phone. Followed the "rec %" column down to where it said 72. Did some quick math on his 99/144 stay line with us. And on second look, I don't even think that's the right year.

As for the catches, where are you getting only 2 drops? I read an article that said Tate had 3 total after 2 in the Vikings game. Again, did some quick math, 3/99 > 2%. It is hard to find legit "drop" stats. I apologize for assuming and using improper equipment during research.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got me on that last 1.

Golden Tate targets and utilization stats

Shit was hard to read from my phone. Followed the "rec %" column down to where it said 72. Did some quick math on his 99/144 stay line with us. And on second look, I don't even think that's the right year.

As for the catches, where are you getting only 2 drops? I read an article that said Tate had 3 total after 2 in the Vikings game. Again, did some quick math, 3/99 > 2%. It is hard to find legit "drop" stats. I apologize for assuming and using improper equipment during research.
I got those stats from Sporting Charts. I couldn't find many that had up to date stats on drops. And yes, even if he had 3 drops instead of 2, his % is still in line with last year. Basically the dude has very good hands.

No need to apologize, as I said I had no idea what you were really trying to point out. Tate should definitely get plenty of love from Lions fans as he was a HUGE reason why we won games without CJ. His stats during that timeframe reflect that.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that this was Tate's best season.

:nod:

If that actually has to be argued then walk away, because the other side of that argument is, well, lets just say confused.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The YAC from Tate is what impressed me most. He stayed top ten and at times top five.

I would not be upset had he dropped four. Still seven better than Durham the year before.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led all WRs in YAC, if I'm not mistaken...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have been. The stat I was referring to was a weekly stat of YAC. So it may have ended with him being the best after being there weekly.

Just as impressive was also his presence of the chains. When he did stop his route short he would still pick up the first. Something unseen for awhile in Detroit. Saw some clutch 3rd down catches all season.