• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC/NFC Championships.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was a bad call. And Gallaragga didn't seem to care much. Didn't seem to care when Detroit sent him to Toledo and he failed to report within the 48 hour requirement. His career ended because he has no heart. (He bumped around for awhile, like Eeyore.)

That call made no difference on the standings. Tigers won. It was AGs personal glory that was taken away. And he didn't even fight for it.

As long as you agree it was a bad call.......Thats enough for me.......I just cared enough to bitch about it.:suds:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeze just nailed Tom Brady on a legal hit, yet it's roughing the passer.......Wrong in so many ways......The NFL has to do something about this......Just because it's a hard hit on a QB doesn't make it a penalty......

He got called for dropping the crown of his helmet when he hit. That's actually a pretty basic one- we learned it as "spearing" in my day, and the idea behind it is to protect the tackler from self-inflicted neck injury.

I screamed and yelled about Brady getting a pussy call when I saw the live play, but the replay angle definitely showed that he speared him, imo.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got called for dropping the crown of his helmet when he hit. That's actually a pretty basic one- we learned it as "spearing" in my day, and the idea behind it is to protect the tackler from self-inflicted neck injury.

I screamed and yelled about Brady getting a pussy call when I saw the live play, but the replay angle definitely showed that he speared him, imo.

Agree to disagree.....If you put your face mask in a QBs chest it's legal.....That's what I saw....If the QB tucks his chin in to avoid it hurting then tough luck......It was clean in my eyes.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree that you can put your face mask in the chest, that's perfectly legal, but I saw him lead with the top of the helmet, facing the ground. He was looking right about at Brady's feet when he hit him...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree that you can put your face mask in the chest, that's perfectly legal, but I saw him lead with the top of the helmet, facing the ground. He was looking right about at Brady's feet when he hit him...

We disagree on what each other saw then.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

Green Bay recovers that onside kick Seattle looses due to Wilson's shitty game! Instead WILSON GETS TRUMPETED AS A GREAT COMEBACK QB.:bullshit:

If I didn't know any better that was Detroit losing that game in an absurd way!

My take aways:

1. Wilson is an average QB that benefits from his ability to run.
2. Green Bay lost that game more than Seattle won it.
3. What the fuck was Green Bay doing on offense? They got to the Championship game because AR throws the ball all over the field!And all of a sudden they look like the Lions offense...force the run, force the run, throw short! If they had the Lions defense that would have worked but the Packers lost because they got conservative.
4.Rodgers is probably hurt more than advertised but I am still tired of hearing about his fucking calf.
5. I know a backup TE that will be cut very soon.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

Green Bay recovers that onside kick Seattle looses due to Wilson's shitty game! Instead WILSON GETS TRUMPETED AS A GREAT COMEBACK QB.:bullshit:

If I didn't know any better that was Detroit losing that game in an absurd way!

My take aways:

1. Wilson is an average QB that benefits from his ability to run.

Get outta here, man! In 55 career games he's had about 3 bad games. Plus one of the highest qb ratings in post season history. With the best WR he's ever had(by far) being Golden Tate. No shit he benefits from his scrambling ability. Just like Aaron Rodgers does. So 1 bad half makes him average and completely erases 3 years of above average play??? LMAO you can't be serious!!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get outta here, man! In 55 career games he's had about 3 bad games. Plus one of the highest qb ratings in post season history. With the best WR he's ever had(by far) being Golden Tate. No shit he benefits from his scrambling ability. Just like Aaron Rodgers does. So 1 bad half makes him average and completely erases 3 years of above average play??? LMAO you can't be serious!!!

Wilson is more of an Alex Smith game-manager type than he is an elite passer, in my opinion.

He does what's asked of him very well, he minimizes mistakes, and he's a good threat to run the ball.

His passer rating in the post season is so high because he's throwing high percentage passes to open WRs off of the play action.

Imo he's a good QB and a great football player, but not a great passer.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is more of an Alex Smith game-manager type than he is an elite passer, in my opinion.

He does what's asked of him very well, he minimizes mistakes, and he's a good threat to run the ball.

His passer rating in the post season is so high because he's throwing high percentage passes to open WRs off of the play action.

Imo he's a good QB and a great football player, but not a great passer.

That's BS. Hell of a "game manager" to account for 4300+ yards, 27 TDs, and 7 ints with Doug Baldwin as your #1. That's a straight slap in the face to RW to compare him to Alex Smith, who took 7 years to turn into a great "game manager", and can't find a WR to save his life.

Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger. They all started from day one(besides Brady), and were eased into being a quarterback by being asked to do less. And none of them had success as a quarterback close to Russell, or could scramble like him, nor had as bad a group of receivers as he does. And they all progressed nicely. So what do you think Wilson will do? Be a 18 TD/10 INT guy like Smith for the rest of his career? SMH at the lack of respect.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my statement. Great football player, not necessarily a great passer, though. Nothing wrong with that- there's more than one way to play QB in the NFL.

I'm not disrespecting what he's done at all, but let's not go putting the cart before the horse here, either. Wilson plays on a team with an elite rushing attack, and the best defense in the league. Those two things contribute to the Seahawks success more so (in my opinion) than Russell Wilson's passing abilities...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the Seattle/Arizona game? The same defense that killed us. Russell tore them apart. They were getting pressure on him just as they were Stafford. First half, Russ killed them on the ground, 2nd half they spy'd him and he beat them through the air.

2 things that are misconceptions: He cant handle it if he has to throw alot, and hes only good because of Marshawn.

In games he's thrown 30+ passes(this year only, feel free to add up the other years) he has 11/2 TD/INT not be including his running scores.

Marshawn is hard to tackle, yes, but he really was nothing special until Russell Wilson. Never had higher than a 4.2 ypc before RW, yet every year since he's been 4.2 or higher(5.0, 4.2, 4.7). Coincidence? No. Teams now have to account for a running threat in RW, so the DE can't cheat down, plus usually a LB or Safety will be spying RW, taking 2 guys out of the equation, so its that much harder to "stack" the box against Lynch.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the Seattle/Arizona game? The same defense that killed us. Russell tore them apart. They were getting pressure on him just as they were Stafford. First half, Russ killed them on the ground, 2nd half they spy'd him and he beat them through the air.

2 things that are misconceptions: He cant handle it if he has to throw alot, and hes only good because of Marshawn.

In games he's thrown 30+ passes(this year only, feel free to add up the other years) he has 11/2 TD/INT not be including his running scores.

Marshawn is hard to tackle, yes, but he really was nothing special until Russell Wilson. Never had higher than a 4.2 ypc before RW, yet every year since he's been 4.2 or higher(5.0, 4.2, 4.7). Coincidence? No. Teams now have to account for a running threat in RW, so the DE can't cheat down, plus usually a LB or Safety will be spying RW, taking 2 guys out of the equation, so its that much harder to "stack" the box against Lynch.
:10::agree:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see the game he lost to Dallas or the game he beat Carolina in the regular season? You can play the like opponent all day long to prove a point you want to. But the two things that are not misconceptions are:

Teams have to play 8 men in the box every down against Seattle and they have an outstanding defense. They don't need him to throw the ball 30 times a game and when they do they usually loose. They can play conservative and let their defense get the ball back.

He also has the ability to run the ball and those extra yards help greatly but if history has shown us anything running QBs like Wilson don't last long after they start getting injured.

Wilson in his prime<Vick in his prime

If not for that onside kick and conservative play calling by Green Bay everyone is blaming Wilson for that loss.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the game he lost to Dallas or the game he beat Carolina in the regular season? You can play the like opponent all day long to prove a point you want to. But the two things that are not misconceptions are:

Teams have to play 8 men in the box every down against Seattle and they have an outstanding defense. They don't need him to throw the ball 30 times a game and when they do they usually loose. They can play conservative and let their defense get the ball back.

He also has the ability to run the ball and those extra yards help greatly but if history has shown us anything running QBs like Wilson don't last long after they start getting injured.

Wilson in his prime<Vick in his prime

If not for that onside kick and conservative play calling by Green Bay everyone is blaming Wilson for that loss.

They usually lose when he throws the ball 30 times? 5-2 this year. So false.

Vick better in his prime than Wilson? When has Vick ever accounted for 4300 yards 27TDs and only 7 INTs? I'll dumb Wilson career stats down to 60% and only a 2/1 TD/INT ratio, and please tell me when Vick has ever done that for 2 years, let alone 3?? And I won't even begin to start on Russell's "prime", which he has yet to reach.

Again, about the GB, sure they fucked up, but don't act like Wilson's play after half didn't redeem himself. 2 of his picks were catchable, 4 if he's throwing to someone not named Kearse.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad on the stat I was looking at a different number.

Again, about the GB, sure they fucked up, but don't act like Wilson's play after half didn't redeem himself

He threw 1 key pass. He redeemed himself???? The punter had a better game going but the argument is he is an average QB and a great athlete. Without having to put 8 in the box Wilson is an average thrower.

Vick with passed for 2400 yards and rushed for over 1000. Has Wilson rushed for over 1000. Again stats you place a high value on do not mean much.

Stafford threw for over 4000 yards and had 60% stats that most point out as a poor season. So if it is a poor season for Stafford why is it great for Wilson?

But again it's my bad on the 30 passes for a career I believe he is 9-5.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care. Could do without any of these teams winning tbh. (Called SEA over Indy in the SB before the season started. Also called us winning at Lambeau..... my bad.)

Guess ill be rooting for GB and Indy. But I bet on New England and the Sqwuaks, cuz I assume they both win at home.

Luck will throw a couple picks, Rodgers will gut it out like a war hero with that sore calf Joe Bucks been rubbin'. They both lose.

Keep seein' Bishop call Green Bay soft, still don't see it though. Maybe I just don't know what you mean man. They can pound the ball if and when they want. They just have a ridiculous passing game. Do you mean on D? Old Lions boy Mason Crosby is prolly a puss, that I could see.

I'll keep calling GB soft until they are no longer what they have been. When you have a potent passing game it hides some other flaws just as a great running game can. Everyone is so afraid of Rodgers that Lacy hardly ever has to worry about 8 in the box. If he was pounding against 8 in the box constantly I wouldn't think this way. On D, when you're playing with a lead most of the time and teams are constantly throwing on you to come back, the D can pin their ears back and go all out after the QB. Most of all, when they play the leagues more physical teams they struggle. They had a big lead yesterday mostly because Seattle kept shooting themselves. So what I mean and what I continue to see is a finess team.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants to paint Russell Wilson as a running QB who can throw a little but he's a pocket passer. Was a pocket passer at NC State, was a pocket passer at Wisconsin and is a pocket passer in Seattle. Yes, he has an RB who takes some pressure off of him and a garbage WR corps who puts the pressure right back on him. The guy lost his TWO best receivers this offseason and still had better numbers than the year before. I'm not sure why so many people are slow to give this guy his due. I don't give the elite tag lightly so I'm not putting him in the elite catagory but the guy has a strong, accurate arm, he can run, he has guts, and he performs his best when he's needed most. The sad part is Andrew Luck hasn't accomplished half of what Wilson has and damn near everyone wants to act like he's already arrived. This was just like the Manning/Brady debates when Manning was putting up numbers and Brady was leading his teams to championships.