• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson watch

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant actual executives; people in a position to make sweeping decisions affecting many others.

Somebody running a 5,000-employee company can be influenced by what he sees Goodell doing - in this case, tossing the handbook away and doing what he pleases - and where it gets him or doesn't. Like parents who might think twice before hitting their kid because of AP, I wonder what the lesson for executives is when they see Goodell.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the arbitrator ruled that AP can stay on the exempt list as long as Goodell wants.

Which didn't make sense to me in light of the NFLPA letter....

But looking at the blurb from the Player Policy Manual, I think The List only means that a player temporarily isn't counted against the active roster. (And the player doesn't have to agree to anything - it's a deal for the club.) What the Vikings do with him is separate. In fact, I think the Vikings could suit him up if they wanted; then Goodell would drop him from the list.

So this whole time it hasn't been Goodell keeping AP off the field; it's been the Vikings. Only when the suspension kicks in will it be because of Goodell.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's been doing a great job covering for the Vikings.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allright.. I'm done. .. no idea what the flying fuck that arbitrator was looking at . But that takes it to a whole other level of just plain f'n stupid. Guess it's okay to put anyone on the list for any reason whatsoever, even if you've got an agreement beforehand.

Screw you guys. . I'm Goin home

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without trying to sound sappy, I feel like humanity won the day. I almost feel a sense of relief that maybe more times than not, these rich players will get theirs in the end when they do these type of things.

On the fantasy front, it's going to be a dicey thing from now on when draft day comes around. Unfortunately, some of us will lose our first round draft pick like this year on a POS like AP. Just like the expert rankers list guys by team, bye week, & stats, so too should they list a category for their criminal history. Some offenders you can see coming, others just pop up. I used to have fun playing fantasy, but this has lowered the fun-factor for me just knowing we now have to figure out what type of person they are as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling AP would be the sacrificial offering for the public outrage.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without trying to sound sappy, I feel like humanity won the day. I almost feel a sense of relief that maybe more times than not, these rich players will get theirs in the end when they do these type of things.

On the fantasy front, it's going to be a dicey thing from now on when draft day comes around. Unfortunately, some of us will lose our first round draft pick like this year on a POS like AP. Just like the expert rankers list guys by team, bye week, & stats, so too should they list a category for their criminal history. Some offenders you can see coming, others just pop up. I used to have fun playing fantasy, but this has lowered the fun-factor for me just knowing we now have to figure out what type of person they are as well.

Right on..............I'd love to have a team where I was able to get AP, Josh Gordahn and (a rejuvinated) Ray Rice for mid round picks..................honestly, I have to say I agree with you.............a whoopin is a whoopin but what that kid got ain't right.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like humanity won the day.
There is a great message in there: football is a manly sport, and beating a kid disqualifies you for it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with all arguments, its just goodell is the almighty, he wasnt gonna let him play no matter what

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i offered adam vinatieri to a guy for him.........just to be a jerk a few days ago......told him it may be the best he gets since vinatieri is the second best kicker this year........he asked for the trade back

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with all arguments, its just goodell is the almighty, he wasnt gonna let him play no matter what

That's another reason it pisses me off.. if the legal process isn't going to affect your ruling, than do it and get it over with. Had he just suspended him from the get go this would've gone smoother and been in line with previous instances

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def cant argue treff........i dunno i was 99.9% sure he wasnt playing again this year, just knew goodell and the backlash publicly was too much

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's been doing a great job covering for the Vikings.

I can totally understand the Vikings not wanting him to take the field. There would be no positive outcome for them.

Hopefully this is the end of it and he becomes someone else's headache.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is such a fucking little bitch. He could have issued that punishment in the manner he did a month ago but he sat on his ass doing nothing hoping someone would bail him out from the mess he's made for himself with how he issues punishment. He clearly used AP's punishment to try to make the NFL look good because who's gonna support child abuse? Most people can't separate AP's crime from the legalese of NFL policy. They just go "well he hit his kids. Fuck him. He shouldn't play ever". Regardless of if you feel that way, its dangerous territory when you start letting institutions overstep and/or create new boundaries to please the court of public opinion. And that's exactly what happened here and with Ray Rice. The NFL fucked up, got caught lying, and numerous other shit with Rice so they came down hard on AP so it looks like they're doing something. Except they bypassed the agreed upon 2 game suspension for misdemeanors and then even bypassed the new policy of 6 games. They just made up yet another new punishment.

And that personal letter to AP is such condescending bullshit. How does he even know if AP is contrite or not? Goodell won't even meet with him and has lived in a hole for the last 3 months except for the time the courts FORCED him to testify in the Rice case.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is such a fucking little bitch. He could have issued that punishment in the manner he did a month ago but he sat on his ass doing nothing hoping someone would bail him out from the mess he's made for himself with how he issues punishment. He clearly used AP's punishment to try to make the NFL look good because who's gonna support child abuse? Most people can't separate AP's crime from the legalese of NFL policy. They just go "well he hit his kids. Fuck him. He shouldn't play ever". Regardless of if you feel that way, its dangerous territory when you start letting institutions overstep and/or create new boundaries to please the court of public opinion. And that's exactly what happened here and with Ray Rice. The NFL fucked up, got caught lying, and numerous other shit with Rice so they came down hard on AP so it looks like they're doing something. Except they bypassed the agreed upon 2 game suspension for misdemeanors and then even bypassed the new policy of 6 games. They just made up yet another new punishment.

And that personal letter to AP is such condescending bullshit. How does he even know if AP is contrite or not? Goodell won't even meet with him and has lived in a hole for the last 3 months except for the time the courts FORCED him to testify in the Rice case.

:10:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whaddaya think?

Immediate reinstatement?

Seems to me he has a good chance...and if he is, Goodell can say he did the right thing and it was overturned.

Win/Win for him?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

From Rotoworld:

According to FOX Sports, the NFLPA isn't confident they'll win their appeal of the Adrian Peterson ruling.

The Players Association is arguing that Peterson was told he'd be credited with "time served" for going on the Commissioner Exempt list. Even if they can prove that, it doesn't matter much. Under the terms of the personal conduct policy, domestic violence acts or acts committed in the presence of children are considered "aggravating circumstances" and can therefore be suspended further than the usual bans. Peterson is almost certainly done for the season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I dropped him back in week 6... Never looked back