• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson watch

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on waivers in my league. News reports say he may reach a plea deal today. Anyone getting antsy trying to figure out when to grab him?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he returns.... I don't think he's worth a pick up this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been owned in every league Im in for all but one waiver period. If he's not owned in any you play in, Id recommend putting that claim in now.

Although I don't think he ever plays for Minnesota again.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on waivers in my league. News reports say he may reach a plea deal today. Anyone getting antsy trying to figure out when to grab him?

If there's space, he needs to be owned, now. If there isn't space, find some of at all possible. He could easily be the difference between a first round playoff exit, and a run to the title.

Don't drop anyone that you need of course because there is a slight chance he doesn't see the field, but it's easily a risk worth taking if your only dumping the last guy in your bench to get him

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely pick him up. If the Vikes plan on trading him during the offseason, they need to showcase him as much as possible to other teams.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Current roster

QB: Luck, Newton
RB: Lynch, Mathews, Hillman, Hill, Gray
WR: Julio, Benjamin, Wayne, Beckham, A. Holmes
TE: Allen

I need to make some waiver moves this week. Was going to drop Holmes and gray to grab Martavis Bryant/Mike Evans and a tight end since allen is on bye. Should I grab Peterson instead? How aggressive should I be with my bid? I've got $34 left.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a scenario where he's useful. The NFL isn't going to just let him right back in...I would speculate.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about it. He will be suspended for the year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a scenario where he's useful. The NFL isn't going to just let him right back in...I would speculate.

Already 8 games for what ends up being misdemeanor reckless assault? Pretty sure he'll get back in.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much potential impact to ignore him. Not much down side to claiming him if you can and the upside could be huge. Bye weeks are about over so a roster spot isn't as valuable as earlier. I am putting in a claim in the two leagues that he was dropped.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 games of paid leave...not quite a "punishment".

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the issue - he hasn't been suspended, and he's been paid. You could retroactively say that the games missed qualify as games suspended, that seems legit - but what about him being paid? Would he play while forfeiting his game checks for six weeks? That puts him in a weird situation, especially if something comes up during those six weeks....

However, as Gerhart has proven, AP isn't AP because of the system. He'll be good anywhere.

And don't forget, the trading deadline has passed. To play for another team Minnesota would have to put him on waivers.

So... Oakland? Jville? Jets? Tampa Bay? Stays in Minny?

I don't know which of those could handle the salary with the cap... anybody know?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 games of paid leave...not quite a "punishment".

Maybe not to us common folk. . But to a person who eats sleeps and breathes being a football player. . .yeah I think it is.

Listening to Dan Lebatard sitting here picking my daughter up from school. .. the CBA clearly says a first time offender, at a misdemeanor level, receives a Zero game suspension. UsaToday reports the 8 games this far is already outside the legal bounds of the CBA... I can't see a scenario where he's not reinstated within a couple weeks. Whether the Vikes play him or not is another story

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,058.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i drafted him with my #1 overall pick this year. he sits on my bench awaiting his return

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been dropped, added by another, dropped and added by yet another and dropped again in my league.

I will be following the news very closely. So many more details have to be made clear before it's determined if he's worth making a move on.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Contest plea was accepted that mentioned nothing of child abuse. I just put in a claim for him (dropping Helu Jr.).

Currently have Forte, L. Bell, McKinnon and Sankey. Would love to see AP plugged in there with Forte and Bell to go along with Julio Jones, Maclin and Greg Olsen.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've added him in my league and dropped Ball. I figure for the upside alone he's a better use of the bench. 1st. Goodell has to take him off the commish's list (reinstatement). 2nd. Is the Vikings's move, place him on their 53 man list or cut him. 3rd. The league will hand down any punishment forthcoming (remember he admitted to pot use prior to the Sept. court date). I don't know if admitted pot use can be used by the NFL for a 2 game ban, but it is possible. 4th. After punishments and fines are over, he can play. That may be up to the Vikes or whatever team signs him if the Vikes don't want to pay the rest of his salary.

So he still has quite a few hurdles to clear, but the first was the worse. Plus, he has the backing of the NFLPA who have voiced complaint about Goodell and his methods. Goodell is still under the microscope in the Ray Rice ordeal, he may not want this one lingering on him also. He may act fairly swiftly and better do so transparently.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've added him in my league and dropped Ball. I figure for the upside alone he's a better use of the bench. 1st. Goodell has to take him off the commish's list (reinstatement). 2nd. Is the Vikings's move, place him on their 53 man list or cut him. 3rd. The league will hand down any punishment forthcoming (remember he admitted to pot use prior to the Sept. court date). I don't know if admitted pot use can be used by the NFL for a 2 game ban, but it is possible. 4th. After punishments and fines are over, he can play. That may be up to the Vikes or whatever team signs him if the Vikes don't want to pay the rest of his salary.

So he still has quite a few hurdles to clear, but the first was the worse. Plus, he has the backing of the NFLPA who have voiced complaint about Goodell and his methods. Goodell is still under the microscope in the Ray Rice ordeal, he may not want this one lingering on him also. He may act fairly swiftly and better do so transparently.

given the new classification of recreational/performance enhancing drugs, and the black and white wording of the punishments it came with. .a first time recreational drug use is also a zero game punishment. And like you said, it wasn't an NFL test so it may not even be applicable anyways.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get where people are getting he "paid his dues" the guy didn't go to jail, lose his income, lose anything.. Dude got off scott free if you ask me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get where people are getting he "paid his dues" the guy didn't go to jail, lose his income, lose anything.. Dude got off scott free if you ask me.

Just to be clear. . I'm in no way saying he is suddenly absolved in my eyes. . The guy is still a flaming idiot. But by letter of the law (and the cba) says he should be allowed back in, so if it'll help my team, so be it. I can hate the guy after week 17