• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson now being arrested for smoking pot

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not saying he said anything like that. To me his "actions" are "saying it" not him actually opening his mouth and saying something like that.

Yeah...I was speaking to intent as well and not spoken words. If that was his intent for saying he smoked some weed last night....that would make an already stupid statement even dumber.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I was speaking to intent as well and not spoken words. If that was his intent for saying he smoked some weed last night....that would make an already stupid statement even dumber.

No one is saying he is very bright to begin with.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he's guilty already....why are we doing any of this? Just throw him in jail already.

I see you have smoking pot as a sense of entitlement. Well....So is adding salt to your food or eating dairy. Only man does both and both have been proven to be much worse than smoking pot.

I didn't make this debate about pot. The judicial system did. Along with everyone who believes this is a correct way.

Instead they should focus on the crime. But many seem to gloss that over as long as they get AP put in jail. Just put him in jail then. Pot shouldn't be the tool. Crimes against humanity should.

Give me a break. Again - this is not about pot (BTW - I could care less & would have no problem if it were legal everywhere). This is about being specifically told conditions for bail & blatantly going against them. It would be no different if he were told to not drink, stay in your house, etc. Just about anyone else simply complies with the terms (beats the heck out of staying in a jail cell). Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Again - this is not about pot - pretty easy to understand, but you appear to want to constantly force the debate in that direction.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On parole. yes. Not pot because I see absolutely no reason for it to be illegal or on the controlled substance list. But most drugs....yes.

On bail/bond....no to any drug testing. A person on bail/bond is not guilty yet.

They aren't guilty, but the only reason they aren't locked up is they have money. I don't see how it's that much to ask for them not to do drugs while awaiting trial. In exchange for freedom.

The volume of drug screens done keeps the cost down individually. I believe my old lady had to get drug screens from four different child abusers, like AP, yesterday.

I don't understand where you're coming from on this at all.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't guilty, but the only reason they aren't locked up is they have money. I don't see how it's that much to ask for them not to do drugs while awaiting trial. In exchange for freedom.

The volume of drug screens done keeps the cost down individually. I believe my old lady had to get drug screens from four different child abusers, like AP, yesterday.

Jovi is the new JDM

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get that out of his statement....but if that's a fact...that would be a very dumb thing to do.

I agree that getting popped on the urinalysis (assuming he will) is about stupid and he shouldn't have allowed this to happen.

I'm still pissed this was an issue though.

Why are you pissed? That is AP's problem - let him worry about it. Are you also pissed about the thousands of others who go through similar? I bet almost all of them simply comply with the terms or realize that they are stupid or don't respect authority and then gladly spend their time in jail.

Oh well - I guess that there needs to be a completely different set of rules if you are an all-pro football player.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord...a person has differing opinions and he's the next JDM. :L

When you take the pro weed stance, yup.

If I had legal issues, CPS issues and was facing losing my job, my priorities would be:

1) whatever I need to do to solve my legal issues, get CPS the fuck out my life and get back to work.

2) sleep.

That's it. He's facing charges of child abuse and this won't end for him until its obvious his oodles of children are safe. Drug testing is going to be part of that, for good reason.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't guilty, but the only reason they aren't locked up is they have money. .

Yes...AP has money. But in the case of the average citizen, we mortgage our homes or what ever. Posting bail is not about incarceration, it's about insuring a person will show up for the trial.

I don't see how it's that much to ask for them not to do drugs while awaiting trial. In exchange for freedom. .

I don't see why a person can't smoke, drink and even have sex (Oh My) awaiting trial. Philosiphies on how to treat a criminal shouldn't happen until that person is a proven criminal.

The volume of drug screens done keeps the cost down individually. I believe my old lady had to get drug screens from four different child abusers, like AP, yesterday. .

It bothers me to read the word volume here. The volume is my complaint. If the judicial can't prove it's case on the real crimes, just invent one. The chinese proverb of you want more criminals, make more laws comes to mind.

The judicial systems approach to drugs is all wrong and AP is a prime example of that. He may be a scumbag, but prove it. Don't just make shit up and say "Gotcha".

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drug testing is a nasty little habit that needs to go away. Since there are no laws prohibiting drug use how can they justify it Constitutionally.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you pissed? That is AP's problem - let him worry about it. Are you also pissed about the thousands of others who go through similar? I bet almost all of them simply comply with the terms or realize that they are stupid or don't respect authority and then gladly spend their time in jail.

Oh well - I guess that there needs to be a completely different set of rules if you are an all-pro football player.

I have no appreciation for Peterson or the NFL. I rarely watch pro ball of any kind. I think the entire industry is not worthy of my investment or time.

I find this a political issue and it's the political side of this I'm addressing. I've posted a couple of threads on SportsHoopla about the watertown PD busting young men for 2 grams of pot. Pot being illegal is just wasting our judicial resources and gaining nothing at all.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...AP has money. But in the case of the average citizen, we mortgage our homes or what ever. Posting bail is not about incarceration, it's about insuring a person will show up for the trial.

I don't see why a person can't smoke, drink and even have sex (Oh My) awaiting trial. Philosiphies on how to treat a criminal shouldn't happen until that person is a proven criminal.

It bothers me to read the word volume here. The volume is my complaint. If the judicial can't prove it's case on the real crimes, just invent one. The chinese proverb of you want more criminals, make more laws comes to mind.

The judicial systems approach to drugs is all wrong and AP is a prime example of that. He may be a scumbag, but prove it. Don't just make shit up and say "Gotcha".

Him smoking dope has nothing to do with my feelings he's a shitbag. It furthers my opinion that he doesn't give a fuck, about the law or his kids, (This is about child safety when you get down to it.)but not his scumbaggyness.

Im all talked out on The War on Drugs.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Fair enough smitty. Big man...You know you're top shelf in my book.^^^

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drug testing is a nasty little habit that needs to go away. Since there are no laws prohibiting drug use how can they justify it Constitutionally.

Since when or what country?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complaining about this obviously have no idea how things like bonds, parole, probation, etc work.

The same thing would have happened had he drank a single beer. People out on bond, probation, etc are even subject to house searches and cannot have a single bottle of alcohol in their home.

So, in spite of what some of you want to make this into, this is not an attack on someone's right to smoke the wacky tabacky.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complaining about this obviously have no idea how things like bonds, parole, probation, etc work.

The same thing would have happened had he drank a single beer. People out on bond, probation, etc are even subject to house searches and cannot have a single bottle of alcohol in their home.

So, in spite of what some of you want to make this into, this is not an attack on someone's right to smoke the wacky tabacky.

Only if they sign away their rights. Which is usually done under duress at the hands of a judge. This should be illegal, but coercion and blackmail are just tools for our judiciary.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand this to be a condition for parole....but a man posting bail?