• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adreian Payne (MSU) is all class

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir I am offended!

r*pe is only to be marginalized if MSU players are involved!

That said, busy is usually good. I hope you're finding time for the best part of the sports year that has finally arrived again.

I have 5 brackets, three are for money, and have been carving out time to stay up on things. I still have all my final fours in all my brackets, and had mercer in everyone of them. Fuck Duke!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 5 brackets, three are for money, and have been carving out time to stay up on things. I still have all my final fours in all my brackets, and had mercer in everyone of them. Fuck Duke!

You really are a world class hero!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Adriene Payne

Hahahahahaha. :laugh3: I want to make a bunch of comments, but I won't. Since his shit doesn't stink. Hard to find a big man with with good hand, solid work ethic and touch. (For the record: Payne is my favorite Bball player, but my girlfriend, who's a Sparty honk gets told to STFU a lot on account of his white little sister. More than tired of hearing about special Ed kid making friends with cancer patient. We all shed tears for one reason or another.)

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your friends a good man, he started something that is currently at 9k, and with 20k more from the other fundraiser the family Is in a better position but those health bills are much more expensive so to anyone here donate no matter how little, I'm off to do it myself!

I know the family appreciates all the support being thrown out there. Apparently Lacey's father has been reached out to by a couple nationwide media outlets and they're hoping to do a story on Lacey.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(from another thread on 05MAR)

The Adreian Payne Story: How Michigan State Star Became the Ultimate Role Model | Bleacher Report

Adreian Payne is the best story in college basketball.

no father...
mom died when he was 13...
raised by his grandmother...
special ed student...
took to tutoring (teachers said if he's willing to try, we're willing too) in a big way...
qualified for college...
heavily recruited - said he wanted to play for Izzo...
met 6-year old Lacey Holsworth on a hospital tour two years ago...
he pretty much adopted her - she and her parents pretty much adopted him - they're a team...
his grandmother died two years ago - the whole team traveled to Dayton for the funeral...
could have gone late 1st round NBA last season...
honored his promise to grandma that he'd get a degree - the first in his family to do so...
stayed at MSU for his senior year - has had a rough time of it...
but nowhere near as rough as his "little sister" Lacey...
can there be a stronger incentive to prevail?

go green!

my eyes are wet...

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Payne is a hell of a basketball player and hope the r*pe thing is not true. Beyond that, he seems like a good guy who is trying to be a roll model for others to follow. I'm not sure I agree with character assassination unless supported by irrefutable facts. Hopefully the press and others will stick with basketball and leave the young man to focus on MSU basketball.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Payne is a hell of a basketball player and hope the r*pe thing is not true. Beyond that, he seems like a good guy who is trying to be a roll model for others to follow. I'm not sure I agree with character assassination unless supported by irrefutable facts. Hopefully the press and others will stick with basketball and leave the young man to focus on MSU basketball.

If irrefutable facts existed, one or both of the kids would never have played a minute of MSU basketball. They'd both be in jail - with no character to assassinate.

Longtime Spartan fans well remember the 2010 'incident' as a shot across the university's bow. "WTF were those two entitled punkass recruits thinking?"..."Thank god nothing came of this crap, let's hope those two entitled punkass recruits learned something."

As far as I'm concerned, both kids not only learned something back then...they've handled their celebrity with humility and exemplary behavior on and off the court for the past four seasons. Payne, in particular, has shown remarkable growth & maturity; and demonstrated (by his relationship with Lacey) something so special that most "good, moral, caring people" would benefit by emulation.

go green

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trade Payne for the entire Michigan frontline Spartans..