• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adreian Payne (MSU) is all class

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeling low? got time to feel better? read this article:

(from another thread on 05MAR)

The Adreian Payne Story: How Michigan State Star Became the Ultimate Role Model | Bleacher Report

Adreian Payne is the best story in college basketball.

no father...
mom died when he was 13...
raised by his grandmother...
special ed student...
took to tutoring (teachers said if he's willing to try, we're willing too) in a big way...
qualified for college...
heavily recruited - said he wanted to play for Izzo...
met 6-year old Lacey Holsworth on a hospital tour two years ago...
he pretty much adopted her - she and her parents pretty much adopted him - they're a team...
his grandmother died two years ago - the whole team traveled to Dayton for the funeral...
could have gone late 1st round NBA last season...
honored his promise to grandma that he'd get a degree - the first in his family to do so...
stayed at MSU for his senior year - has had a rough time of it...
but nowhere near as rough as his "little sister" Lacey...
can there be a stronger incentive to prevail?

go green!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Living the Dream

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a great story. Can't think of a better student athlete in the entire country.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN analyst Jay Bilas moved by story of Lacey Holsworth, Michigan State's Adreian Payne | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Here's another article from the Detroit Free Press. My friend is actually the one who set up that GiveForward fundraiser for her. Once the Free Press story hit, he went from about $400 on Friday to $6200 this morning. He's hoping that the Yahoo! store will get some more awareness to help out the Holsworth family with the medical bills.

Your friends a good man, he started something that is currently at 9k, and with 20k more from the other fundraiser the family Is in a better position but those health bills are much more expensive so to anyone here donate no matter how little, I'm off to do it myself!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he's done with Lacey is commendable indeed, but I'm not going to go throwing the guy a parade or giving him any humanitarian awards.

Michigan State Under Investigation - Spartan Avenue - A Michigan State Spartans Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

(Yes, I'm aware he wasn't convicted in a court of law. I'm also aware that his teammate corroborated the victim's account of the incident, which is pretty damning if you ask me)

Not a good look and people swiped that shit under the rug real quick. Though if your not convicted, sadly no one cares.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he's done with Lacey is commendable indeed, but I'm not going to go throwing the guy a parade or giving him any humanitarian awards.

Michigan State Under Investigation - Spartan Avenue - A Michigan State Spartans Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

(Yes, I'm aware he wasn't convicted in a court of law. I'm also aware that his teammate corroborated the victim's account of the incident, which is pretty damning if you ask me)

Highly doubtful....

They're star basketball players for one of the top programs in the country........they wouldn't need to force a girl to have sex with them.

It is very likely that the case was reviewed and witnesses said that the girl consented to everything that happened.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to college once and I remember the athletes, ugly or not, getting as much pussy as they wanted.

It was never difficult.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful....

They're star basketball players for one of the top programs in the country........they wouldn't need to force a girl to have sex with them.

It is very likely that the case was reviewed and witnesses said that the girl consented to everything that happened.

Perhaps you should actually know what happened before you start making excuses for the guy.

Two Michigan State Players Guilty of Poor Judgment, Possibly More? « Rush The Court

Rich assholes steal money all the time. Necessity was never a requirement for a crime.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be very clear, I think Payne should be commended for his work, and encouraged to do more. It's a very good thing that he's done.

But I'm drawing the line at calling him "all class"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you should actually know what happened before you start making excuses for the guy.

Two Michigan State Players Guilty of Poor Judgment, Possibly More? « Rush The Court

Rich assholes steal money all the time. Necessity was never a requirement for a crime.

So.....because she said that's what happened, that's what I should believe happened?

And they found DNA at the scene?

Probably because she consented to sex and DNA ended up at the scene. We went through this with Kobe Bryant once too. Girls like attention.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne has a father. His name is Thomas. He did a little time in the joint, but he's still a father. Don't make things up to better a story.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....because she said that's what happened, that's what I should believe happened?

And they found DNA at the scene?

Probably because she consented to sex and DNA ended up at the scene. We went through this with Kobe Bryant once too. Girls like attention.

Again, why don't you fucking read before you just dismiss shit you don't know about.

Kieth Appling (who was there) corroborated the story.

But I'm sure you'll find come up with some story about how he lied to the police at the time... umprompted.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, why don't you fucking read before you just dismiss shit you don't know about.

Kieth Appling (who was there) corroborated the story.

But I'm sure you'll find come up with some story about how he lied to the police at the time... umprompted.

So they're in a fucking dorm and nobody heard her scream or anything?

Get real. She didn't get raped.

When I lived in the dorms I could hear the fucking conversations the neighbors were having next to me, above me, and below me.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're in a fucking dorm and nobody heard her scream or anything?

Get real. She didn't get raped.

When I lived in the dorms I could hear the fucking conversations the neighbors were having next to me, above me, and below me.

Again, perhaps you should read the fucking article, before you just make shit up and try and pass it off as fact.

And no, not everyone screams when they're raped.

I'm sure if a 6'10" guy was on top of you with his dick in you, you might think twice before opening your mouth.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, perhaps you should read the fucking article, before you just make shit up and try and pass it off as fact.

And no, not everyone screams when they're raped.

I'm sure if a 6'10" guy was on top of you with his dick in you, you might think twice before opening your mouth.

You have any other proof besides some independent source?

Do you have an actual police report somewhere so I don't have to take some random person's word for what supposedly "one of the players" said to the police?

Do you really think a case like this would be dismissed for the sole purpose of saving a couple of player's reputations? Do you think two players on full-ride scholarships to the premier program in the country would not have decided at some point that this was a bad idea when they could have any other piece of ass they wanted?

Do you really think the girl would be scared to scream because the big guy is on top of her? What is he going to do? Kill her right there in the dorm?

Have you ever been in a dorm?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When in doubt, use logic.

If a girl is being raped, then she probably fears for her life.......she would probably scream as she would have no other choice.

But yea, I'm sure the first thought that went through her head was, "just keep silent and this will all go away eventually." :rolleyes:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have any other proof besides some independent source?

Do you have an actual police report somewhere so I don't have to take some random person's word for what supposedly "one of the players" said to the police?

I can't find the full report at the moment as it happened years ago, and all the links to it are dead at the moment, but I do have quotes from it:

MSU Police Department asked for and were granted a search warrant, and removed DNA evidence, clothing and used condoms from the players' room. They also interviewed one of the players (the other declined to speak).

He told investigators that when it was clear from the victim's statements that she did not want to have sex, he stopped. However, the other player continued "despite her reluctance and statements that she did not want to continue."

Do you really think a case like this would be dismissed for the sole purpose of saving a couple of player's reputations?

I made no specualtion as to why it was dismissed. You're the one doing all of the speculating. I'm stating facts.

Do you think two players on full-ride scholarships to the premier program in the country would not have decided at some point that this was a bad idea when they could have any other piece of ass they wanted?

I don't pretend to know what goes on in other people's head. All I can do is report what happened.

Do you really think the girl would be scared to scream because the big guy is on top of her? What is he going to do? Kill her right there in the dorm?

Again, I'm not going to speculate. That's your gig. You made your mind up that nothing happened before you even read a goddamn thing, so there's no point in trying to change your mind.

I'm sure you think Aaron Hernandez is innocent too, because why would a bro want to kill another bro when it might hurt his career? Bro's are smarter than that, right bro?

Have you ever been in a dorm?

Have you ever had a guy stick his dick in you without permission?