• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aces

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Strasburg and Archer.

Thor went right ahead of my Strasburg pick.

I just don't like the value at hitter here.... JD Mart, Cain, Hosmer, Freeman, Gonzalez

I'll take the K's

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree....Id actually slide Price off of the Top 5,, push Arrietta to 4 and Sale to 5

Dont love Prices' new digs, and will probably lead to a few more clunkers than the other guys on the list
Correct, especially when looking at fantasy baseball value

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be honest, the problem is that most people take QS as an alternative to wins... I dont, I take it to test consistant play... I do like QS% more than just QS... I dont know of any other stat that measures consistent play like QS does... At the end of a season, or career, dont you want to know HOW OFTEN the pitcher was "quality"???

The other thing about QS, is that it is NOT ERA... Bringing up ERA is not what the stat is about... If you look at the stat as a separate stat, it really is not as bad you think it is...

You want to complain about it being arbitrary??- well you forget baseball is a game of 3s... 3 strikes your out, 3 outs is one inning, 9(3X3) innings is one game, there are 3 bases(not including home), 3 OF positions, 9 batters in a lineup... In fact originally it was 9 balls= a walk... so making it 6(3x2) innings and 3 runs is very fitting to the integrity of the game...

If you still want to argue arbitrary- then look at the MLB average in runs throughout baseball history, it has almost always been over 3 and around 4... Leaving the game with the hypothetical lead, is very important...

So try to make a clean looking stat that shows leaving the game with the Hypothetical lead, and that is QS.... QS is very clean, very simple... And it is an amazing stat to show consistency... in my opinion it is the most UNDER-RATED, and UNDER-USED stat...

But again, dont love it in fantasy...
In my opinion, it is one of the most overrated and invaluable stats in all of baseball. Just quickly looking at 2015, Garrett Richards had more QS than Scherzer, Sale, Bumgarner, Lester, and Ross.

What's better- a SP going 5.2 innings and allowing no earned runs, or a SP going 6 innings and giving up 3?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, it is one of the most overrated and invaluable stats in all of baseball. Just quickly looking at 2015, Garrett Richards had more QS than Scherzer, Sale, Bumgarner, Lester, and Ross.

What's better- a SP going 5.2 innings and allowing no earned runs, or a SP going 6 innings and giving up 3?

This is the problem... It is not a one game stat, and like i said, i use it for consistency... If a pitcher has 20 QS out of 30 starts, that means that for 20 out of his 30 starts he was good enough to keep his team in the game...

Let me ask you this, would you rather have Pitcher A or pitcher B assume all other stats are equal

Pitcher A- 3.00 ERA and 15 QS out of 30
Pitcher B- 3.25 ERA and 20 QS out of 30

I would rather have pitcher B since he was good more often... in more games...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem... It is not a one game stat, and like i said, i use it for consistency... If a pitcher has 20 QS out of 30 starts, that means that for 20 out of his 30 starts he was good enough to keep his team in the game...

Let me ask you this, would you rather have Pitcher A or pitcher B assume all other stats are equal

Pitcher A- 3.00 ERA and 15 QS out of 30
Pitcher B- 3.25 ERA and 20 QS out of 30

I would rather have pitcher B since he was good more often... in more games...
Ceteris Paribus, Pitcher A without any doubt or hesitation

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... next batch.

Coming up on 3rd round.... seven picks away. Staring at me is Strasburg, Kuechel, Archer.

How would you rank em?

Keuchel
Strasburg
Archer

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In roto(not H2H

1. Strasburg
2. Keuchel
3. Archer

In H2H

1. Keuchel
2. Archer
3. Strasburg

In straight roto, i like strasburg the best because he is the biggest strike out guy, and that is safe... While they are close in every other thing...

But in H2H you have to be careful with injury prone guys, as the game is not who is best but who is most consistently good... and Strasburg scares me with that, he is most likely to miss fantasy weeks...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In roto(not H2H

1. Strasburg
2. Keuchel
3. Archer

In H2H

1. Keuchel
2. Archer
3. Strasburg

In straight roto, i like strasburg the best because he is the biggest strike out guy, and that is safe... While they are close in every other thing...

But in H2H you have to be careful with injury prone guys, as the game is not who is best but who is most consistently good... and Strasburg scares me with that, he is most likely to miss fantasy weeks...
Shouldnt the same thing apply in roto Injury hurts u stras had 155 keuchel 216 and archer 242:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldnt the same thing apply in roto Injury hurts u stras had 155 keuchel 216 and archer 242:suds:

Not as much in roto.

The potential quality of those innings with an elite K rate trumps the injury risk.

Also, Stras is not as injury prone as some make him out to be. 3 DL trips since TJ, 2 for minimum stays one for about 6 weeks. The problem is that the timing has been very memorable.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In roto injuries do hurt but they are manageable... since WHEN the stats happen is irrelevant a player just has to put up his numbers, and if and when he does get injured you then put in a replacement... But the replacement only adds to your team... For example if lets say Strasburg does get hurt, and he misses 6 weeks, then those 6 weeks you will start someone else, and you get Strasburg + the replacement... So if Strasburg gets 150 SO, and the replacement gets 30 SO in those 6 weeks, you really got 180 SOs...

While in H2H, if a player gets hurt, then you lose that player for those weeks... And to not have a player in a week,especially a stud, hurts your chances to win that week...

H2H, you really have to focus on consistent play, while in roto all you care about is the end stats...