• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About ready to give up on the playoffs

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight's Wings/Preds game, I think I want to stop watching them. Deciding on which team takes the Cup each year should be about the best team winning. Sadly, this year so far more than ever, it has basically turned into which team can get bailed out by its superhero goaltender better.

No offense whatsoever to Pekka Rinne, Johnathan Quick or Mike Smith, but I am growing tired of seeing their marginal hockey teams play like absolute shit in front of them every night but get rewarded for it. More often that not, teams that relay on netminding burn out by the Finals, but I am worried this year we will see an undeserving team win it solely on the effort of one guy.

The opinion provided in the following post is only that of a drunk bitter Leafs fan.

If that one guy is the sole reason a team wins I do not think the 20 opposing players deserve to win it over him.

I'll grant you I agree its frustrating when a team, especially ones own team, looks like they are outplaying their opponents and their great/hot goalie wins it for them.

HokieHigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
It's the same as how a pitcher can win a few games a series on their own, or how a quarterback can dominate in the NFL. It happens. The NHL happens to have a single position take up more responsibility than any other in sports, but not so much so that it's unfair. And really, if the team with the best goalie always won, why aren't there more repeat Cup winners?

This.

HokieHigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
After tonight's Wings/Preds game, I think I want to stop watching them. Deciding on which team takes the Cup each year should be about the best team winning. Sadly, this year so far more than ever, it has basically turned into which team can get bailed out by its superhero goaltender better.

No offense whatsoever to Pekka Rinne, Johnathan Quick or Mike Smith, but I am growing tired of seeing their marginal hockey teams play like absolute shit in front of them every night but get rewarded for it. More often that not, teams that relay on netminding burn out by the Finals, but I am worried this year we will see an undeserving team win it solely on the effort of one guy.

The opinion provided in the following post is only that of a drunk bitter Leafs fan.

:think: Maybe someone develops leadership come PO time? Goalie perhaps? This kind of reminds me of Cam Newton for Auburn and Tim Tebow for Florida. Sorry for the college football reference but those two are easy examples...

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: Maybe someone develops leadership come PO time? Goalie perhaps? This kind of reminds me of Cam Newton for Auburn and Tim Tebow for Florida. Sorry for the college football reference but those two are easy examples...

Its a good reference. Hockey can be like Football- one guy at the key position can win it for a team, although they still need to have a solid team around them.

Although with that being said, I feel like its easier for the great QB's to be consistently dominant.