• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About ready to give up on the playoffs

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight's Wings/Preds game, I think I want to stop watching them. Deciding on which team takes the Cup each year should be about the best team winning. Sadly, this year so far more than ever, it has basically turned into which team can get bailed out by its superhero goaltender better.

No offense whatsoever to Pekka Rinne, Johnathan Quick or Mike Smith, but I am growing tired of seeing their marginal hockey teams play like absolute shit in front of them every night but get rewarded for it. More often that not, teams that relay on netminding burn out by the Finals, but I am worried this year we will see an undeserving team win it solely on the effort of one guy.

The opinion provided in the following post is only that of a drunk bitter Leafs fan.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell he's a Leafs fan...not because of the name or the fact that I know he's a Leaf's fan, but because he clearly wants that goalie.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell he's a Leafs fan...not because of the name or the fact that I know he's a Leaf's fan, but because he clearly wants that goalie.

I will take a broom wearing goalie pads at this point. A sentiment you might be sharing at the moment?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are six players on the ice for each team at a time. The goalie's the only one who doesn't change on shifts.

He's the most important player on the team, and GMs need to understand that they need to build from back to front.

The good ones do. Or the Red Wings just build such a good defense that they don't need a goalie.

Like it or not, that goalie contributes just as much to the overall quality of the team as their collective forwards and their collective defensemen.

So if the team with the best goalie wins, that doesn't mean an undeserving team won, it means a team was the best because their goalie was so good.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is evidently the first year in recorded history goalies could win a couple teams a round in the playoffs

Never happened before

True story

:L

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what has made this year any different than the others. Used to be Lindbergh, Roy, Hextall, Roy, McLean, Vanbiesbrouck, Kolzig, Roy, and Giguere. Now it's Smith's and Rinne's turn.

Smith is a one round flash in the pan. BOOK IT!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what has made this year any different than the others. Used to be Lindbergh, Roy, Hextall, Roy, McLean, Vanbiesbrouck, Kolzig, Roy, and Giguere. Now it's Smith's and Rinne's turn.

Careful quoi, your agenda is showing...

:D

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same as how a pitcher can win a few games a series on their own, or how a quarterback can dominate in the NFL. It happens. The NHL happens to have a single position take up more responsibility than any other in sports, but not so much so that it's unfair. And really, if the team with the best goalie always won, why aren't there more repeat Cup winners?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when i try to sympathize with what the Canucks are going through eh? Alright then.

I'll leave it to the leafs fans to make lame excuses

Btw save them for your team

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's different when a guy was mediocre in the regular season, but then inane in the POs.

But Smith, Quick, and Rinne were awesome all season, so they're not just got PO goalies.