• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About JV

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think, will this be a comeback year? From all reports, he's way ahead of schedule and should be ready to go come opening day.

My concern is the amount of innings he's logged...will they finally take their toll? :scratch:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think, will this be a comeback year? From all reports, he's way ahead of schedule and should be ready to go come opening day.

My concern is the amount of innings he's logged...will they finally take their toll? :scratch:

I have been stewing about this lately myself. I have him in my oldest league with my long time buddies (18 years auction). I have him for $39 in 2014 ($400 budget, 27 player roster, rotisserie) and last year he did not seem worth the price...but now I am reconsidering. This would be my 6th straight year with him in the lineup ($5 raise per year kept). I am leaning toward keeping him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been stewing about this lately myself. I have him in my oldest league with my long time buddies (18 years auction). I have him for $39 in 2014 ($400 budget, 27 player roster, rotisserie) and last year he did not seem worth the price...but now I am reconsidering. This would be my 6th straight year with him in the lineup ($5 raise per year kept). I am leaning toward keeping him.

Fuzz,

I don't think the value there is terrible, but it isn't great either.

JV for about 10% of your overall budget is probably slightly more than he is worth given his struggles last year and his abdominal issues. I would think 30-35 would be better since he is outside most people's SP elite this year.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzz,

I don't think the value there is terrible, but it isn't great either.

JV for about 10% of your overall budget is probably slightly more than he is worth given his struggles last year and his abdominal issues. I would think 30-35 would be better since he is outside most people's SP elite this year.

Yeah I agree he is at the top of his price range. I am breaking up my juggernaut team and I am sad. My higher priced guys from last year- Votto at $47, Cespedes at $32, Allen Craig at $39 all gone. Probably keep Miggy at $58 (ouch), Hanley at $29, Segura at $21, Zobrist at $22, and maybe even Kimbrel at $35. I traded away McCutchen at $38 for Scherzer at $11 and will keep Encarnacion at $11 which fills my allowed lower priced keepers.
So perhaps Verlander is a luxury that I cannot afford even though I think that he is due to bounce back.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S- I have Beachy as my reserve who I can keep at $6 which I plan to do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree he is at the top of his price range. I am breaking up my juggernaut team and I am sad. My higher priced guys from last year- Votto at $47, Cespedes at $32, Allen Craig at $39 all gone. Probably keep Miggy at $58 (ouch), Hanley at $29, Segura at $21, Zobrist at $22, and maybe even Kimbrel at $35. I traded away McCutchen at $38 for Scherzer at $11 and will keep Encarnacion at $11 which fills my allowed lower priced keepers.
So perhaps Verlander is a luxury that I cannot afford even though I think that he is due to bounce back.

Still an awesome group. I am not sure about Zobrist for $22, but the rest look like bargains.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own personal feelings are to never put to much trust into a pitcher that has had that much use recently, and has already shown signs of a decline. Having said that, I think he could still be a #1 pitcher in virtually anyone's team, but whether it's an escalating keeper or a redraft, someone will pay to much going for a return to elite status.

I don't think history is on his side given the innings pitched and how he was last year.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still an awesome group. I am not sure about Zobrist for $22, but the rest look like bargains.

Tlance- So would you pass on keeping Zobrist and Verlander at their current price? We keep two at each offensive position which makes Zobrist more attractive as a 2B keeper. Also each player is only eligible at one primary position as determined on draft day (Swiss army knife players don't help).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance- So would you pass on keeping Zobrist and Verlander at their current price? We keep two at each offensive position which makes Zobrist more attractive as a 2B keeper. Also each player is only eligible at one primary position as determined on draft day (Swiss army knife players don't help).

I guess it depends. In a $400 budget, spending $22 on Zobrist would be like spending $15 on him in a $260 cap league. That is more than I think he is worth (especially if he only plays 1 position), but this decision would also depend on who else you can bid on in the auction. If you drop Zobrist and there is nobody else to bid on, you might actually end up having to pay more to get him back.