• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers fastest QB to throw 300 TD passes

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it was Brady that did it. Amiright?!?

Brady is a bum. The only thing he was fastest to was that lame 5 Super Bowl Championship thing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point. I was solely looking at QBs with fairly equivalent TD:INT ratio. When you consider your point, it becomes even more clear that this accomplishment will not be surpassed anytime soon.

I would love to see RW break AR's amazing accomplishment but it's just not in the cards. If I had to choose, maybe Carr in Oakland could take a run at it.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is a bum. The only thing he was fastest to was that lame 5 Super Bowl Championship thing.
Aah, sarcasm. I know it well, you incredibly knowledgeable poster, you! Five Super Bowl rings, no doubt, is an incredible accomplishment, and that cannot be taken away. But some people fail to realize those rings wouldn't be shining in New England without the defense, special teams and coaching staff. In other words, Tom Brady didn't earn those rings, the Patriots earned those rings.

Tom Brady certainly did his part. No one can argue that. But no way in hell he does it alone. It's great resume material, but it only shows he played an important role on some elite teams.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ everyone who thinks russell wilson is more than an average qb.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a football fan how can that not amaze you?

It is an amazing accomplishment.....and the fact that he has done it in a fashion where nobody else has even come close needs to be mentioned as well. Rodgers is the best QB in the league....has been for a long time. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He has without a doubt benifitted from playing his entire career in the most pass-happy era in NFL history. From a TD-pass stat standpoint alone, Dan Marino's 'fastest to 300' dwarfs Rodgers' IMO, because of the era, period. He was putting up 40 TD seasons when 20+ seasons were considered good/great.

Rodgers record is noted however.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're taking the record out of context. It's not simply that he broke the record that's amazing, its the fashion in which he broke it. He did it 13 games faster than anyone in history, or nearly a full season. Not to mention he has 41 less interceptions than anyone else at the time of his 300th. To put it in perceptive, Brady had 115 INTs at the time he threw his 300th TD, which was the previous record and amazing in itself. Rodgers has a chance to get to 400 before he even hits 100. It's mind boggling really.

As a football fan how can that not amaze you? You're claiming others of being insecure but you trying to dismiss an absolutely amazing feat makes you look like the insecure one.

Aaron Rodgers is a very good quarterback but in this context the number 300 is really no different than 299. Where did this magic number come from? Who cares? .....and since SB wins are a team thing, why isn't this a team thing? Didn't a bunch of guys block for him and didn't a bunch of guys run great routes?

I wouldn't call it meaningless. I mean, it won't get him to the playoffs, or in the Super Bowl or in the Hall of Fame, all by itself. But it's one hell of an accomplishment. Like Derski said, the way that he did it so much quicker than anyone else is almost mind-boggling. It's an incredible feather in his cap until someone else is able to do it. I think, of current players, Russell Wilson is the only one that has a chance at besting it, but he's still off-pace of where Rodgers was at that stage.

I see you like to fish. Let's say a friend called you one Saturday afternoon bragging about how he was out on the lake at 4:30 and caught the limit by noon. Now, let's say you were on the lake by 5 am and caught the limit by 10 am. Would you brag to your friend about that, or would you simply congratulate him on what he did?

I've read your hypothetical a few times and I'm still not quite sure of what you're on about. Who caught the biggest fish? That's all I give a shit about.

You conveniently avoided my hypo so let's try it again. Brady secured one SB win years ago and hasn't scared another in 10 years. Rodgers just this year put a fifth ring on his hand. How do you react to my boast thread about how fast Brady tossed 300 TDs? I'll answer for you.....you'd scoff just like I'm doing.

Rodgers needs some more hardware before he'll ever be one of the greatest. It's just that simple.

Brady desperately needed that #4 against Seattle. If his last SB win was in '05, he'd be several notches down the list today.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Agree. I'm thinking about changing allegiance? Thinking about becoming a GB fan. How's this for a start? My top 10.

10. AR would've been the fastes but his Oline sucks.
9. GB plays in the toughest division in football.
8. Stupid GM thinks he can win with a #1 WR thatxs caucasian.
7. Defense has been terrible since AR arrived.
6. Injuries
5. Did I mention injuries?
4. NFC is way hard
3. No RBs
2. His boy friend left him

And the #1 reason the Refs

What do think do I have a chance?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aah, sarcasm. I know it well, you incredibly knowledgeable poster, you! Five Super Bowl rings, no doubt, is an incredible accomplishment, and that cannot be taken away. But some people fail to realize those rings wouldn't be shining in New England without the defense, special teams and coaching staff. In other words, Tom Brady didn't earn those rings, the Patriots earned those rings.

Tom Brady certainly did his part. No one can argue that. But no way in hell he does it alone. It's great resume material, but it only shows he played an important role on some elite teams.
That's what make Arog's accomplishment so amazing. He got to 300 all by himself. That is Amazing.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what make Arog's accomplishment so amazing. He got to 300 all by himself. That is Amazing.

Word!

No one besides Malcolm Butler has ever won a SB by himself

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm for President. We can get rid of congress.

Raul Mondesi was just sent to prison in DR

He was the mayor of his town, stole millions of dollars

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is a very good quarterback but in this context the number 300 is really no different than 299. Where did this magic number come from? Who cares? .....and since SB wins are a team thing, why isn't this a team thing? Didn't a bunch of guys block for him and didn't a bunch of guys run great routes?

I've read your hypothetical a few times and I'm still not quite sure of what you're on about. Who caught the biggest fish? That's all I give a shit about.

You conveniently avoided my hypo so let's try it again. Brady secured one SB win years ago and hasn't scared another in 10 years. Rodgers just this year put a fifth ring on his hand. How do you react to my boast thread about how fast Brady tossed 300 TDs? I'll answer for you.....you'd scoff just like I'm doing.

Rodgers needs some more hardware before he'll ever be one of the greatest. It's just that simple.

Brady desperately needed that #4 against Seattle. If his last SB win was in '05, he'd be several notches down the list today.
You're presuming a lot there. There is a very small contingent of Patriots fan scoffing at the story. Why would you single me out as one of the few Packers fan that would do the same if the roles were reversed?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers didn't earn those 300 wins, the Green Bay Packers did.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans should be happy with their team's success in recent SB's but get butt-hurt whenever Rodgers receives praise.
It was a Packers fan who first brought up Brady. I responded to him.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me explain it to you this way. Let's compare a football game to an airline flight, and the QB is the pilot. A win or a loss is based on customer satisfaction of reaching your destination as a happy customer.

So, let's say you are flying from Boston to Dicksville.
Let's put it this way. I take a flight to London. I the plane lands safely on one piece. I give credit to th pilot, though I do recognize the co-pilot, navigator and control tower helped. I won't blame him if my luggage doesn't get there or some kid was kicking my backseat the whole time.

Some Patriots fans would say things like "That was a great flight. The warm towel was at the perfect temperature. My drink came promptly, mixed correctly with just the right amount of ice. The meal was hot and delicious. All other passengers were quiet and courteous. My luggage arrived on time and with absolutely no damage. That pilot has to be the GOAT."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me explain it to you this way. Let's compare a football game to an airline flight, and the QB is the pilot. A win or a loss is based on customer satisfaction of reaching your destination as a happy customer.

So, let's say you are flying from Boston to Dicksville.

Let's put it this way. I take a flight to London. I the plane lands safely on one piece. I give credit to th pilot, though I do recognize the co-pilot, navigator and control tower helped. I won't blame him if my luggage doesn't get there or some kid was kicking my backseat the whole time.

Some Patriots fans would say things like "That was a great flight. The warm towel was at the perfect temperature. My drink came promptly, mixed correctly with just the right amount of ice. The meal was hot and delicious. All other passengers were quiet and courteous. My luggage arrived on time and with absolutely no damage. That pilot has to be the GOAT."
GIve it a rest. You're trying waaaaaayyyyyy too hard without saying anything of substance.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIve it a rest. You're trying waaaaaayyyyyy too hard without saying anything of substance.
Fine. I'm done. But the fact that Patriot's fans don't understand what I typed is exactly why most people don't like Patriots fans.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely he is.

He may be the fastest QB to 300 but he's not the best.

Catching on yet?

Yeah, I already caught on that you're still salty about losing to A-Rodge and the Pack in the playoffs last year. Noone is saying he's the best, but he is ONE of the best.