• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A question not football related?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I went in and chickened out lol. Although I didn't ask for a raise I am still proud of myself for giving two weeks notice. At least it made both my bosses realize how much I do and it made me realize how much they need me. I didn't feel like it was the right time to ask for a raise but i think I'll put a few weeks I'm then hit him up now that he knows that I know he showed his cards. Funny thing is the girl boss that has been such a bitch seems to have a new found respect for me for standing my ground I'm fact I'm being touted as a bit of a hero as I gave the 2 weeks and the whole office heard me. Maybe it's just feeling better about myself but it seems everyone is being really nice to me. I'll take it for now. Buy thanks to everyone for being my support group through a rough time. That's what I love about this group. Kind of amazing to have you all and her most of us have never even met one another

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I went in and chickened out lol. Although I didn't ask for a raise I am still proud of myself for giving two weeks notice. At least it made both my bosses realize how much I do and it made me realize how much they need me. I didn't feel like it was the right time to ask for a raise but i think I'll put a few weeks I'm then hit him up now that he knows that I know he showed his cards. Funny thing is the girl boss that has been such a bitch seems to have a new found respect for me for standing my ground I'm fact I'm being touted as a bit of a hero as I gave the 2 weeks and the whole office heard me. Maybe it's just feeling better about myself but it seems everyone is being really nice to me. I'll take it for now. Buy thanks to everyone for being my support group through a rough time. That's what I love about this group. Kind of amazing to have you all and her most of us have never even met one another

Guess it work out? Congrats Foot. We all handle things differently, . Speaking for myself once I give notice, I’m gone. My last employer offered me a $2.00 hour a raise, I took a cut in pay to hire on else where. Worked out in the long run, making really good $ and the company I left when bankrupt. Ever situation is different though hope your happy moving forward.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it work out? Congrats Foot. We all handle things differently, . Speaking for myself once I give notice, I’m gone. My last employer offered me a $2.00 hour a raise, I took a cut in pay to hire on else where. Worked out in the long run, making really good $ and the company I left when bankrupt. Ever situation is different though hope your happy moving forward.
Thanks Harold, I was so heated at the moment I quit and I think it has a lot to do with the night before. I put it in my head that if I got any shit that day i was giving 2 weeks point blank. It felt sooooo as the words came out of my mouth. I'll never forget how good it felt and I meant it at the time. But the boss called me and told me he loved me, I'm a sucker for love. And it felt great to hear him say that cause he never says that. I never heard him say I love you to any of his 200 plus employees.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

may just be me foot, but u lost the upper hand..........you cant make hay in a few weeks and think your shit dont stink............they still hold the upper hand now

im glad your getting some respect and your stood up for yourself but be careful...........otheres can chime in here

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may just be me foot, but u lost the upper hand..........you cant make hay in a few weeks and think your shit dont stink............they still hold the upper hand now

im glad your getting some respect and your stood up for yourself but be careful...........otheres can chime in here
You make a good point about not acting cocky and I will certainly keep an eye on that. Can you explain a little further why you think I lost the upper hand. You might be right but I am just not ynderstanding.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point about not acting cocky and I will certainly keep an eye on that. Can you explain a little further why you think I lost the upper hand. You might be right but I am just not ynderstanding.
Yep, once I get on a computer if I forget plz re tag me, I’ll give u my point of view, as a hiring manager

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO this just my opinion @The Foot others can chime in.

BUt you put in your two weeks, your boss showed weakness, you came back and didnt ask for anything.

At this point the boss is back in control, he knows you came back, he knows you came back for nothing. You are also replaceable, everyone is.

You can't expect to come back in a week or 2 and say you want more money now. They already know you came back for nothing, zero , zilch.

If an employee of mine quit, came back, asked for money a few weeks later id laugh. and tell them no or move on.

You had a chance to to put some demands on the table and didnt take that oppertunity.

You can attempt to verbally ask for a raise, and back it up with facts, average wages etc, and possible even a written statement, but you cant make a demand

i also think that you think your employer showed their cards, the employer always has the upper hand, and i think you showed ur cards

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right. But I might not even stay there. For me it's not so much about the money as it is the price of mind and not being sick of working at this place. I will tell you I havnt felt as good as I did in a long while as I did after I had put in my two weeks notice. He could give me all the money in the world but if things don't change for the better I'll be gone. I didn't once and I only came back cause he called me 5 minutes after that telling me he loved me. I'm very for giving so that's why I ultimately decided against asking for more since I felt after thinking through that he was sincere in his apology but we will see. At least now he knows I'm not afraid to walk and I'm not. So he really seemed panicky and I'm not one to demand anything from anybody. If never give anyone an ultimatum. But when the time feels right I will see

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right. But I might not even stay there. For me it's not so much about the money as it is the price of mind and not being sick of working at this place. I will tell you I havnt felt as good as I did in a long while as I did after I had put in my two weeks notice. He could give me all the money in the world but if things don't change for the better I'll be gone. I didn't once and I only came back cause he called me 5 minutes after that telling me he loved me. I'm very for giving so that's why I ultimately decided against asking for more since I felt after thinking through that he was sincere in his apology but we will see. At least now he knows I'm not afraid to walk and I'm not. So he really seemed panicky and I'm not one to demand anything from anybody. If never give anyone an ultimatum. But when the time feels right I will see
just make sure you have a back up plan. ok?