• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A question not football related?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Nick bud i think you have a tough call there
all the boys chiming in with some very realistic thoughts...

im certain you are as valuable as you state

however all i can say is be careful because no matter what any of us think we are all replaceable

i feel there is no way that the operation i help run could function as well as it does now if i were to walk

yet i know that if i did Management would just move on and adjust

unfortunately the bigger the work force the more of the (just another number) you really are

Good luck Foot

on a lighter note if you do walk (let the big foot whoop her behind) well maybe not...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately the bigger the work force the more of the (just another number) you really are
Bar, can't believe you missed a musical opportunity....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really much to add here. I agree that you should have something lined up before walking, though.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just an update for anyone interested. Today I did it. It has been a stressful week last week so last night I decided if u catch any shit I'm putting in my two weeks notice. Low and behold it was boss not the woman but the actual owner who actually is a sweet guy but some times can be a jerk and very pushy. He is basically a spoiled baby who's dad gave him everything. Basically a nice guy but one of those guys born on third base and thinks he hit a homerun but he is not conceded at all. A nice guy but can really work you and push you to work really hard and not in a good way. Anyway the conversation got heated and I finally said it. I gave my two weeks notice. As soon as I said it his voice went from near yelling to a cowardly voice and he said "ok"

As I walked out of his office I felt a wave of calmness and great peoce come over me and i couldn't believe I did it as I don't have a back plan.

Well give minutes later he calls me oppologizing and asking if I would reconsider. I told him I would think about it and talk to him tomorrow. Not sure if I should hit him for a raise or just be happy to have a chance to voice my feelings and know he wants to keep me seemingly at any cost.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think I should ask for a raise its been 3 years since o asked

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just an update for anyone interested. Today I did it. It has been a stressful week last week so last night I decided if u catch any shit I'm putting in my two weeks notice. Low and behold it was boss not the woman but the actual owner who actually is a sweet guy but some times can be a jerk and very pushy. He is basically a spoiled baby who's dad gave him everything. Basically a nice guy but one of those guys born on third base and thinks he hit a homerun but he is not conceded at all. A nice guy but can really work you and push you to work really hard and not in a good way. Anyway the conversation got heated and I finally said it. I gave my two weeks notice. As soon as I said it his voice went from near yelling to a cowardly voice and he said "ok"

As I walked out of his office I felt a wave of calmness and great peoce come over me and i couldn't believe I did it as I don't have a back plan.

Well give minutes later he calls me oppologizing and asking if I would reconsider. I told him I would think about it and talk to him tomorrow. Not sure if I should hit him for a raise or just be happy to have a chance to voice my feelings and know he wants to keep me seemingly at any cost.

I don’t think I want to offer up advice. This is a obvious personal decision, only you can decide. Hope it works out. If :hope:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same as harold - you've already taken a bigger risk than something that I would be comfortable with. Wish you all the luck my man.

stay calm, think things through, make rational decisions, about the only advice I have.
can't put a price on peace of mind, imo, so do what feels right by you.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I want to offer up advice. This is a obvious personal decision, only you can decide. Hope it works out. If :hope:
Harold I wouldn't hold you to anything if I took your advice and it didn't work out. I all ready put my 2 weeks in so even if it don't work out I'm still no worse than were i started. I value your opinion but if u still rather not I under8

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose since you already gave him your 2-week notice, like femurov suggested, it couldn't hurt to perhaps list some demands to see what transpires.
Unless you get cold feet, Foot, and decide to reconsider your decision, then I would defer to the position that Harold and Monkey are taking.
You're already in territory I would not venture to travel. And I applaud your convictions.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate to give advice in these situations but, you could diplomatically discuss SOME of your issues, pay being one of them, now is your time. BUt you cant have a list a mile long no work place is perfect, everyone hates some aspects. Be careful as you have no back up plan, good luck, keep us updated

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Foot, as I mentioned, I was considering it too. Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. Onto better things come Monday. The past two weeks, after giving notice, really opened my eyes as to how the boss operates. No longer having the fear of losing my job clouding the issue, a lot of reasons I should've seen long ago became clearer.

Best of luck to ya

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold I wouldn't hold you to anything if I took your advice and it didn't work out. I all ready put my 2 weeks in so even if it don't work out I'm still no worse than were i started. I value your opinion but if u still rather not I under8

All I can say is looking for a job is less stressfull when you still are bringing in a paycheck. It also allows you to be picky about what you'll accept. Hopefully things get ironed out at your present job.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Foot, as I mentioned, I was considering it too. Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. Onto better things come Monday. The past two weeks, after giving notice, really opened my eyes as to how the boss operates. No longer having the fear of losing my job clouding the issue, a lot of reasons I should've seen long ago became clearer.

Best of luck to ya

Hope it works out Treff.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it works out Treff.
thanks Harold! I have pretty good feelings about it. Better wages (by a significant amount), more vacation days, and the bosses are family men with kids, so they understand when things come up, which was a major issue with the last guy who had only two dogs and never seemed to understand why I felt I need to worry about anything other than work 24/7

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Harold! I have pretty good feelings about it. Better wages (by a significant amount), more vacation days, and the bosses are family men with kids, so they understand when things come up, which was a major issue with the last guy who had only two dogs and never seemed to understand why I felt I need to worry about anything other than work 24/7
Boom.
In my last job, my boss was a single gal and even on vacation sent emails.
She sometimes couldn't understand why others weren't as dedicated.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best of luck to ya
Thanks treff I wish you the best of luck too buddy.