• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Message From Clay Helton:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it looks like you don't understand much at all.
Brings this to mind- Arguing with you is like playing chess with a pigeon, all you do is knock the pieces over ,shit on the board and you strut around like you won
No, you don't like what I'm arguing -- not how I'm arguing it. The reality is, USC has a shit ton of potential talent on that team. You don't have depth because you aren't developing that talent because you don't have good coaches and keep hiring bafoons. Michigan was no different. Notre Dame is no different. Texas is no different. I argued what you are currently arguing at one point in my posting existence. Because it's what you want to believe vs. what is reality. The reality is, there's almost no excuse for not succeeding when you're averaging top 10 classes over a 4 year period. Unless you saw an unprecedented amount of departures, there's no excuse. Maybe you have had a crazy amount of departures, maybe I'm wrong there. Please let me know if that's the case. Otherwise, USC has just hired a bad coach who will either take too long to get things going or is just flat out unqualified for the position he holds.

And this isn't anything personal against USC. It just is what it is. I got attacked by Texas fans for saying the same thing about Strong for the last two years. If there's anyone that can recognize bad coaching and what it does to a program, it's Michigan.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you don't like what I'm arguing -- not how I'm arguing it. The reality is, USC has a shit ton of potential talent on that team. You don't have depth because you aren't developing that talent because you don't have good coaches and keep hiring bafoons. Michigan was no different. Notre Dame is no different. Texas is no different. I argued what you are currently arguing at one point in my posting existence. Because it's what you want to believe vs. what is reality. The reality is, there's almost no excuse for not succeeding when you're averaging top 10 classes over a 4 year period. Unless you saw an unprecedented amount of departures, there's no excuse. Maybe you have had a crazy amount of departures, maybe I'm wrong there. Please let me know if that's the case. Otherwise, USC has just hired a bad coach who will either take too long to get things going or is just flat out unqualified for the position he holds.

And this isn't anything personal against USC. It just is what it is. I got attacked by Texas fans for saying the same thing about Strong for the last two years. If there's anyone that can recognize bad coaching and what it does to a program, it's Michigan.

No you still dont get it. Two seasons ago the Trojans had 30 less players, last season USC had 20 less players . This year the senior class was 16 players deep when recruited. Depth takes time when you are trying to just get back to the same roster size as everyone else.
It doesnt matter if you have talent( high rated class) if you dont have depth.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you still dont get it. Two seasons ago the Trojans had 30 less players, last season USC had 20 less players . This year the senior class was 16 players deep when recruited. Depth takes time when you are trying to just get back to the same roster size as everyone else.
It doesnt matter if you have talent( high rated class) if you dont have depth.
To make it easy. The lack of depth had nothing to do with coaching and recruiting.It was a direct result of the sanctions.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very similar to the Pete Carroll hiring.

Pete Carroll started out 2-6 I think before winning 4 in a row to qualify for a bowl game. I think Nick Saban's first year at Alabama was 7-6 with a loss to Louisiana–Monroe. This doesn't prove anything but to say Clay Helton was the wrong guy based on his first season's results is imbecilic.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that you don't have the right coach to develop that talent, which is why you think you don't have any depth.
You do realize if USC is able to win their next two games. And win their bowl game. Helton and Harbaugh would have the same records. In their first seasons coaching USC and Michigan. Both would have had losses to Utah. And their other two losses would be to top 10 teams. At the time the games were played. Harbaugh having losses to #7 Michigan State and #8 Ohio State.Helton having losses to #1 Alabama and #7 Stanford.At the time the games were played. If SC received a miracle and somehow manages to make and win the PAC 12 CCG. Which I do not see happening. Helton would have the better record of the two. In their first years coaching their perspective programs.

the season is far from over and that depth was sanction related. But I may give Helton a little more credit. And I have been one of his biggest critics.