• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go back to school always wanted to teach maybe English classes. History

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy... slow down old man... someone your age can have a heart attack getting so excited.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I can't wait until Vice changes back to his other name.....I can go outside, ya know.
You can go outside? It must be that time of the day at the old folks home. Cool.. how long do they give you 45 min? an hour? Do they push you in the wheel chair or do you have one of those scooters?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy seems like he is so happy. Got him a friend in handi. Both don't know much about baseball. But. Arguing over who's pitching and who's catching the

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy logging on to the hoop to get his fill of vice. He can't stay away.. can stop posting about me...

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 in detriot today. Snow on way. After that. Should be getting baseball weather. Won't be long till opening day

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy seems like he is so happy. Got him a friend in handi. Both don't know much about baseball. But. Arguing over who's pitching and who's catching the
Iffy can't pitch... he can't get it up anymore... catching is his only option at this point.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fan-091349366353-300x200.jpg

Iffy.. I thought you were a Tiger's fan! You traitor!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Desmond signs for 8mil in Texas... wow.. I bet he fires his agent.. dude should have taken the qualifying offer.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Washington snorted up all the money Texas had

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger game plan this winter is a bit confusing. The ''headlines'' look good - they added Upton, Zimmermann as big name free agents and obtained a decent closer in Rodriguez. They even improved their bullpen somewhat (although replacing last years group with St. Mary's Girls Softball pitchers would have been an improvement too). Dig a little deeper however, and some of the moves are head scratchers. Avila jumps in, right off the bat, and signs Mike Pelfrey to a two year deal for $16mil. Why? They sign Mike Aviles as a bench piece - seemingly to replace Romine....and then they resign Romine???? And of course why get Maybin if you added Upton (although the timing thing is a legit excuse I guess)
But the real question I have is the so-called "We are in a WIN NOW mode!". Then why didn't the team bother to patch some holes? If you want to win...spend the money to give yourself depth. Take chances on free agents with minor league deals. Saltalamacchia, Aviles, Romine, Gose....that's their bench? Oh yeah....they have TYLER COLLINS! (Much like they once had Hernan Perez). Their rotation depth is weak...and that's a rotation that has some pitchers with a recent history of arm problems. What the hell? If you are in WIN NOW....spend at every position. You going to miss the playoffs because Kinsler goes down and Mike Aviles has to play everyday? Or Castellanos can't field well enough to keep his 3b job....so your back up is Romine or McGehee???

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger game plan this winter is a bit confusing. The ''headlines'' look good - they added Upton, Zimmermann as big name free agents and obtained a decent closer in Rodriguez. They even improved their bullpen somewhat (although replacing last years group with St. Mary's Girls Softball pitchers would have been an improvement too). Dig a little deeper however, and some of the moves are head scratchers. Avila jumps in, right off the bat, and signs Mike Pelfrey to a two year deal for $16mil. Why? They sign Mike Aviles as a bench piece - seemingly to replace Romine....and then they resign Romine???? And of course why get Maybin if you added Upton (although the timing thing is a legit excuse I guess)
But the real question I have is the so-called "We are in a WIN NOW mode!". Then why didn't the team bother to patch some holes? If you want to win...spend the money to give yourself depth. Take chances on free agents with minor league deals. Saltalamacchia, Aviles, Romine, Gose....that's their bench? Oh yeah....they have TYLER COLLINS! (Much like they once had Hernan Perez). Their rotation depth is weak...and that's a rotation that has some pitchers with a recent history of arm problems. What the hell? If you are in WIN NOW....spend at every position. You going to miss the playoffs because Kinsler goes down and Mike Aviles has to play everyday? Or Castellanos can't field well enough to keep his 3b job....so your back up is Romine or McGehee???
I love iffy's posts attempting to talk about baseball... So you are saying the Tigers didn't patch some holes with Upton and Zimmermann signings? What holes does he bring up??? lol.. the 5th man on the bench and the back of the rotation starter that had a better season last year than half the starters the Royals used on their way to winning the world series? LOL. So now Aviles or Pelfrey determine the fate of the Tigers... Jesus Christ.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers rotation depth is better than every team in the AL Central not named the Indians... The White Sox have no depth what so ever past their first 5. All three of the Greene, Boyd, Fulmer would be in the rotation for the Royals or Twins and are better than what the White Sox have for their depth....

Who gives a shit about Aviles... Would you rather they signed Ian Desmond for their bench utility role?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to talk about teams with no starting pitching depth.. why not take a look at the Royals and Twins... Their first 5 guys suck.. let alone the depth they have if one goes down with injury. Fucking Ian Kennedy ERA+ last year was 85... Pelfrey's was 97... LOL... Ian Kennedy is the Royals 3rd best pitcher.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moose... you can't tell me you look at the Royals starting rotation and see anything that could even hope to be an average rotation. You have to hope the same holds true as last 2 years... your offense scores a decent amount of runs and the bullpen is lock down... You aren't winning shit with that 5 guys you have.