• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I reference Kap in that post? Show me. Keep making thing up.

in·fer·ence

noun

a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning.

Given your history, this really is 2+2=4....not sure what it equals to you.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in·fer·ence

noun

a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning.

Given your history, this really is 2+2=4....not sure what it equals to you.
Really. But your not taking into account about all the other things said about Gabbert? So again, this goes back to Kaep and not the things said about Gabbert?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. But your not taking into account about all the other things said about Gabbert? So again, this goes back to Kaep and not the things said about Gabbert?

I don't care much about what anyone else said about Gabbert. I'm pointing out your post and your history when it comes to the topic. You're one of the last (you and that purguy dude) to hang onto your Kaepernick beliefs, so no....I don't believe for a second that there was no Colin inference.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care much about what anyone else said about Gabbert. I'm pointing out your post and your history when it comes to the topic. You're one of the last (you and that purguy dude) to hang onto your Kaepernick beliefs, so no....I don't believe for a second that there was no Colin inference.
I don't care what you want to believe or not. I made a comment about Gabbert's play. Another poster in response to a comment about Gabbert's play brings up Kaeps name not related to my post.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what you want to believe or not. I made a comment about Gabbert's play. Another poster in response to a comment about Gabbert's play brings up Kaeps name not related to my post.

Your own history belies you, and that's on nobody else but you.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your own history belies you, and that's on nobody else but you.

I really don't care about that. Kaep is gone and Gabbert is the QB. If people want to go back to Kaep that is on them. Interesting when you look at all the topics on this board and all the discussions that don't deal with Kaep or the QB discussions. Looking at those that participate and those the hardly ever do if at all, but will fixate on threads like this

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He does. Pretty much all scrambling QB's make their offensive lines look worse due to their nature of movement and the line losing 'contact.' Kaepernick makes it worse still because he looks to run when his first read isn't there, and he decides to pull it down and strictly run.

Yet another false narrative from a paranoid, delusional poster who cannot counter facts with actual...you know....faaaccttss. Who said that Gabbert 'should be the future QB.' All I've ever read was that people wanted to see either change simply for change, wanted to see what Gabbert COULD do, or something akin to those ideas.

No...we don't NEED to fix anything before anything. If there is a slam dunk QB of the future and you can get him...you take him no matter who is around him or coaching him....and any thought process otherwise makes zero sense.
this would make sense if 49ers oline struggled when kap 1st came into the league not 2 years later

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that the Niners suck. In my opinion, it's more of team thing than any single player, including the QB position. Whether we hate or love Kap and Gabbert, I doubt that changing any one single player on this team would have much of an effect. Not only do we lack talent because of poor drafts, but we also lack cohesiveness because of Jed's antics. There is no confidence and unity in this team, and that is directly related to Jed's poor leadership. On top of all of this, we also apparently have little to no coaching talent. We just plain suck right now and there is no foreseeable end to it, unfortunately.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that the Niners suck. In my opinion, it's more of team thing than any single player, including the QB position. Whether we hate or love Kap and Gabbert, I doubt that changing any one single player on this team would have much of an effect. Not only do we lack talent because of poor drafts, but we also lack cohesiveness because of Jed's antics. There is no confidence and unity in this team, and that is directly related to Jed's poor leadership. On top of all of this, we also apparently have little to no coaching talent. We just plain suck right now and there is no foreseeable end to it, unfortunately.

Eloquently stated! Thanks Robotech. Reality is the Niners will not be competitive in quite a while.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would make sense if 49ers oline struggled when kap 1st came into the league not 2 years later

When he first played, with all that pistol and run option stuff, those were designed runs. Then, two things happened. First, Harbaugh and Roman wanted to make Kaepernick a pocket player and not some wildcat glorified running back, but has since proven he cannot handle the nuances of playing the position from the pocket. Second, defenses adjusted and Kaepernick could not adjust back.

His movement within the pocket is not good, and once he fails to pick up his first read, his head is down and he's looking to run. Those quarterbacks end up making their offensive lines look worse than they are, and the history of the NFL proves this.

------>Remember....the offensive line is still not good<--------

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is hanging on to Kap. LOL get a clue man you look bad now. u are making stuff up now. LOL great stuff. When someone is backed into a corner they start making stuff up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner, Winner chicken dinner.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he first played, with all that pistol and run option stuff, those were designed runs. Then, two things happened. First, Harbaugh and Roman wanted to make Kaepernick a pocket player and not some wildcat glorified running back, but has since proven he cannot handle the nuances of playing the position from the pocket. Second, defenses adjusted and Kaepernick could not adjust back.

His movement within the pocket is not good, and once he fails to pick up his first read, his head is down and he's looking to run. Those quarterbacks end up making their offensive lines look worse than they are, and the history of the NFL proves this.

------>Remember....the offensive line is still not good<--------
No. the difference is the Oline. We went from Top 5 to last or close to last and we went from good coaching to bad coaching. These are the facts. Learn them. It would help you out in the future. Yes Kap didn't take the next step but like most experts would agree the Oline is the main problem along with the coaching staff.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. the difference is the Oline. We went from Top 5 to last or close to last and we went from good coaching to bad coaching. These are the facts. Learn them. It would help you out in the future. Yes Kap didn't take the next step but like most experts would agree the Oline is the main problem along with the coaching staff.

You are simply incapable of understanding common logic and....well....the English language. EVERYBODY has stated that the oline is bad, the coaching is bad, etc. That does NOT mean that Kaepernick hasn't regressed. He, himself, HAS regressed. It's blatantly obvious on it's own merit. It's not even debatable. The playbook has been dumbed down at least twice since the Super Bowl, and Kaepernick hasn't shown any uptick since.

And it is not debatable that running quarterbacks can, and do put more pressure on their offensive lines, which leads to more sacks taken. Especially quarterbacks who have little pocket presence and those who look to run because they're flustered after one read. See Kaepernick, Colin. Again, the history of the NFL proves this.

Now, tell us all again how it's the oline and the coaching and the whatever whizzes through your skull.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that Niners are 4-9 and will end up with double digit losses. The OL is terrible, coaching is horrendous, and the leader of the team (supposedly the QB) is non-existent. Look at Dallas, they have the same OL from last year (still very good this year), have an all pro WR, and a good RB. Yet they have struggle offensively because of their QB. Has Kap regressed since 2013. Hell yes! The OL last year wasn't terrible, but he struggled and it carried on this year. It is obvious that the future QB for the Niners is not on this roster. The struggles of the Niners offensively can be attributed to poor OL and QB play and inept coaching. The Niners also lack talent from both sides of the ball. Like Robotech stated, Niners just plain suck and there's no light at the end of the tunnel. Worse yet, there isn't even a tunnel. That's how bad the Niners are!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

depends on what is meant by "foreseeable end"? 5 years? 4 years? 3 years?

prior to the 2011 season, no one could've expected an instantly successful season. caused based on what the players had shown up to that time, it APPEARED the talent was very lacking. But the 2011 season showed there was already more talent than we thought, and IMO there is enough young talent now.

ok, there is no 'Harbaugh" who'll come in and "instantly" produce a winner, but i'd think in two years it can still be done. I'd give it a 50% chance in TWO years we get back to 0.500 minimum. Obviously the biggest single player is a QB, so if we draft one next year he has a year to 'acclimate'. If we don't draft one, we can get a top OT or top pass rushing OLB (every down LB). These are key positions and hence either one makes a big difference.

Gabbert isn't a solid QB, but he can get us to 0.500. Just adding one solid lineman makes a big difference on offense (run and pass).

Next, we'll need to get a few more productive players out of the next draft. These other guys don't need to be 'star' players, but productive going into their second seasons.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on what is meant by "foreseeable end"? 5 years? 4 years? 3 years?

prior to the 2011 season, no one could've expected an instantly successful season. caused based on what the players had shown up to that time, it APPEARED the talent was very lacking. But the 2011 season showed there was already more talent than we thought, and IMO there is enough young talent now.

ok, there is no 'Harbaugh" who'll come in and "instantly" produce a winner, but i'd think in two years it can still be done. I'd give it a 50% chance in TWO years we get back to 0.500 minimum. Obviously the biggest single player is a QB, so if we draft one next year he has a year to 'acclimate'. If we don't draft one, we can get a top OT or top pass rushing OLB (every down LB). These are key positions and hence either one makes a big difference.

Gabbert isn't a solid QB, but he can get us to 0.500. Just adding one solid lineman makes a big difference on offense (run and pass).

Next, we'll need to get a few more productive players out of the next draft. These other guys don't need to be 'star' players, but productive going into their second seasons.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to respectfully disagree with you. Niners do not have have enough talent on both sides of the ball. As you mentioned, they are missing the most important piece, which is a dependable, reliable starting QB. They do have a lot of cap space and it's up to Baalke to sign FA that will make a difference. It's obvious that his signings last year was a disaster (Dockett, Bush, T. Smith, Pears). The Niners will also have a top 5 draft pick in each round and it's up to Baalke to make sure that he gets it right. His last three drafts have not been very good especially 2012. I don't think the Niners make to .500 in the next two years. JMHO. I hope I'm wrong, but with Jed Dork and Baalke at the help and a terrible coaching staff, the future is dim.

Status
Not open for further replies.