• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on what is meant by "foreseeable end"? 5 years? 4 years? 3 years?

prior to the 2011 season, no one could've expected an instantly successful season. caused based on what the players had shown up to that time, it APPEARED the talent was very lacking. But the 2011 season showed there was already more talent than we thought, and IMO there is enough young talent now.

ok, there is no 'Harbaugh" who'll come in and "instantly" produce a winner, but i'd think in two years it can still be done. I'd give it a 50% chance in TWO years we get back to 0.500 minimum. Obviously the biggest single player is a QB, so if we draft one next year he has a year to 'acclimate'. If we don't draft one, we can get a top OT or top pass rushing OLB (every down LB). These are key positions and hence either one makes a big difference.

Gabbert isn't a solid QB, but he can get us to 0.500. Just adding one solid lineman makes a big difference on offense (run and pass).

Next, we'll need to get a few more productive players out of the next draft. These other guys don't need to be 'star' players, but productive going into their second seasons.

There is no foreseeable end because this is a different situation than what SF faced in 2011. 5 years ago, the Niner franchise was simply in a downturn, but it didn't have a bad culture attached to it. There was still a desire for coaches & players to WANT to be here. When the rumours of Harbaugh being attached to the job, I flat out stated that's the guy for SF - a big name to instantly add balls to this franchise. It wasn't needed, but it gave credibility to the team and the people running it.

Fast forward to today.....if the reports are true that Jed and co. ran out Harbaugh...can you say the same thing? Perception is reality. Who would actually WANT to be here? It'll be the guys looking for second or third chances, or totally unproven commodities or guys simply looking for a cheque or whatever. As with the Harbaugh hire, I remember flat out deflating when news came over the radio with the Tomsula hiring. Again...if rumours are correct, he was Jed's/Baalke's choice all along, even when going through the motions with Adam Gase and such.

If that is true, we may be in the beginning of a Raiders-like run where people are literally steered away from this team because of the ineptitude of the people upstairs. We may start facing that reality within a few weeks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are simply incapable of understanding common logic and....well....the English language. EVERYBODY has stated that the oline is bad, the coaching is bad, etc. That does NOT mean that Kaepernick hasn't regressed. He, himself, HAS regressed. It's blatantly obvious on it's own merit. It's not even debatable. The playbook has been dumbed down at least twice since the Super Bowl, and Kaepernick hasn't shown any uptick since.

And it is not debatable that running quarterbacks can, and do put more pressure on their offensive lines, which leads to more sacks taken. Especially quarterbacks who have little pocket presence and those who look to run because they're flustered after one read. See Kaepernick, Colin. Again, the history of the NFL proves this.

Now, tell us all again how it's the oline and the coaching and the whatever whizzes through your skull.
Take your own advice because no one is saying Kap is great or is the answer. LOL Get a clue man you are starting to look bad. IT DOESNT MATTER WHO THE QB IS. THIS OLINE WHOULD KILL ANY QB. I been saying for the last 2 months its ok to move on from kap only if they do the right thing.

I hope that helps you. If not you are a lost cause.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news Rams won so I think 49ers are in the 5th spot right now.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news Rams won so I think 49ers are in the 5th spot right now.

The Rams had 5 wins going into last night's game, so they were behind the Niners in draft position. Rams winning last night ensured the Niners will be in last place in the division and the worst team in the division. (Provided the Niners do not win out, which is NOT going to happen)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT DOESNT MATTER WHO THE QB IS. THIS OLINE WHOULD KILL ANY QB..

False.

In 2012, Aaron Rodgers was sacked 51 times. The same Aaron Rodgers, who is the best in the game, and certainly one of the very best within the pocket, as he guides his line through cadences and protections, moving around within the pocket.....was sacked 51 times. A lesser QB easily takes another 20+ sacks behind the garbage that he had. Currently, the 49ers are on pace to allow about 55 sacks, so there is no way, shape or form any discernible difference (although, I'm not sure about what flutters around in your mind)

Did Rodgers get killed? 16 games played. 4295 yards, 39 TDs and 8 ints. The two things that got killed were the defenses that Rogers played and what I did to your 'logic.'

Then again....you don't even know which post of mine to 'facepalm.' HAHAHAHAHA.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False.

In 2012, Aaron Rodgers was sacked 51 times. The same Aaron Rodgers, who is the best in the game, and certainly one of the very best within the pocket, as he guides his line through cadences and protections, moving around within the pocket.....was sacked 51 times. A lesser QB easily takes another 20+ sacks behind the garbage that he had. Currently, the 49ers are on pace to allow about 55 sacks, so there is no way, shape or form any discernible difference (although, I'm not sure about what flutters around in your mind)

Did Rodgers get killed? 16 games played. 4295 yards, 39 TDs and 8 ints. The two things that got killed were the defenses that Rogers played and what I did to your 'logic.'

Even with Rodgers this is what maybe 1-2 more win team. It doesn't matter who the QB is at the moment.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False.

U are clueless as they come. I don't know what happen to you but hopefully you get back to normal. Its been fun but this was way too easy for me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have to respectfully disagree with you. Niners do not have have enough talent on both sides of the ball. As you mentioned, they are missing the most important piece, which is a dependable, reliable starting QB. They do have a lot of cap space and it's up to Baalke to sign FA that will make a difference. It's obvious that his signings last year was a disaster (Dockett, Bush, T. Smith, Pears). The Niners will also have a top 5 draft pick in each round and it's up to Baalke to make sure that he gets it right. His last three drafts have not been very good especially 2012. I don't think the Niners make to .500 in the next two years. JMHO. I hope I'm wrong, but with Jed Dork and Baalke at the help and a terrible coaching staff, the future is dim.

no problem if you disagree.

not claiming it will happen, just saying it is possible. Also saying [possible to reach 0.500, not be a play-off team. If they hit on a QB alone, that is a huge step going into his 2nd year. The other 'key spots' don't need to all hit with All-Pro's, just an above average pick at say RT, is big. An NFL average pick at Center is a good step up from what we have now.

So using other picks - besides the 1st on QB - to improve the O-line is reasonable.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no foreseeable end because this is a different situation than what SF faced in 2011. 5 years ago, the Niner franchise was simply in a downturn, but it didn't have a bad culture attached to it. There was still a desire for coaches & players to WANT to be here. When the rumours of Harbaugh being attached to the job, I flat out stated that's the guy for SF - a big name to instantly add balls to this franchise. It wasn't needed, but it gave credibility to the team and the people running it.

Fast forward to today.....if the reports are true that Jed and co. ran out Harbaugh...can you say the same thing? Perception is reality. Who would actually WANT to be here? It'll be the guys looking for second or third chances, or totally unproven commodities or guys simply looking for a cheque or whatever. As with the Harbaugh hire, I remember flat out deflating when news came over the radio with the Tomsula hiring. Again...if rumours are correct, he was Jed's/Baalke's choice all along, even when going through the motions with Adam Gase and such.

If that is true, we may be in the beginning of a Raiders-like run where people are literally steered away from this team because of the ineptitude of the people upstairs. We may start facing that reality within a few weeks.

ohh ok, i was only thinking talent and you're also factoring in FO and Coaching Staff. Yes, how the FO functions does make a difference.

The Coaching staff could change in two years, but don't think the GM will.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U are clueless as they come. I don't know what happen to you but hopefully you get back to normal. Its been fun but this was way too easy for me.

You stated that this Oline would get any QB behind it killed. I proved with fact that you were wrong, and this is what you respond with? Nothing more needs to be said.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh ok, i was only thinking talent and you're also factoring in FO and Coaching Staff. Yes, how the FO functions does make a difference.

The Coaching staff could change in two years, but don't think the GM will.

At this point, I don't know where this team is heading. Baalke, if he's still around, needs a good draft/free agency period or he may not be for long. The coaching staff is obviously sub-par, so it's difficult to truly assess the talent. Some games they seem to hang with some of the best teams. Other games, it looks like they'd get their asses kicked by a CFL team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated that this Oline would get any QB behind it killed. I proved with fact that you were wrong, and this is what you respond with? Nothing more needs to be said.
How am wrong? You didn't prove me wrong. If anything you helped me. Any QB getting sacked that many times would be killed and hurt. They wont feel find after getting hit that many time. You are not understanding the whole picture. Even with Rodgers or any other top QB it wouldn't matter this team would still suck and the Oline would get the QB killed. Please ask any QB getting hit that many times that they don't consider that getting killed back there. QB is hurting after the year is over if they even last. Thanks for playing, please come back.

Again another clueless respond.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this dude for real? Shove absolute facts in his face, and here he is again....babbling the same nonsense...even though it's proven wrong. And you 'facepalmed' the wrong post...AGAIN.

hahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.