• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/8 Panthers - Seahawks Game Impressions ...

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deja vu you are correct it sucks being in a close game only to lose it but hell we ought to be used to it

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^It's hard to fault DWill -> he played really well, but that damn fumble changed the game on a dime. This team just has to learn how to finish.

And how many times did Wilson run that play-action with a little flare-out in the 2nd half? At some point, you would think someone would step up and sniff it out.

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hate it we gave em hell and DeAngelo did have a good game just coughed it up when wecould have taken the lead there,on to buffalo

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be rooting for the Panthers from here out. Good game guys!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same song and dance again. missed oppertunities are going to kill us again this year...

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same song and dance again. missed oppertunities are going to kill us again this year...

Bold pretty much is it -> it was kind of like the loss by my Gamecocks yesterday. When we had opportunities, we made mistakes. The penalties, that short missed third down near midfield, the two drops by Olsen which would have been nice gainers, the big fumble.

I will say, though, that Cam looked good in the pocket. Did we run a read option?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold pretty much is it -> it was kind of like the loss by my Gamecocks yesterday. When we had opportunities, we made mistakes. The penalties, that short missed third down near midfield, the two drops by Olsen which would have been nice gainers, the big fumble.

I will say, though, that Cam looked good in the pocket. Did we run a read option?

yea we ran it a little. not a whole lot though like we did last year

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like you guys have a good team. You need to improve a couple of things.

1) Win the turn over battle. This is a must do.
2) Shore up the secondary. Letting the Seahawks hit the same long pass ( even though the first was dropped) is something that the coaching staff will find unacceptable.

Your front 7 on defense looks really good. You guys have a chance to make some noise this year IMO.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a good team. Nothing to be ashamed of here for the Panthers. They actually looked much better than last season. Turnovers were the difference as it is in every game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hard fought game by both teams. I was impressed with your teams ability to stuff our run game. Good luck this season as I expect the Panthers to win their fair share of games.

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garry Williams torn ACL and MCL gone for the year I know we cut Hangartner did he ever play guard?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garry Williams torn ACL and MCL gone for the year I know we cut Hangartner did he ever play guard?
That blows, man. As to Hangartner:
The Panthers announced Thursday that they have released the veteran offensive lineman. Hangartner started four games at right guard for the Panthers last year and then started eight more at center after Ryan Kalil was injured, but was slated for a return to right guard this season.

Garry Williams of Carolina Panthers placed on season-ending IR - ESPN
The Carolina Panthers have placed starting right guard Garry Williams on season-ending injured reserve with a left knee injury suffered in Sunday's 12-7 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera said no decision has been made on who will replace the fifth-year player on the roster.

Williams suffered the injury in the first quarter and did not return. An MRI taken Monday revealed torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments.

The good news for Carolina is that starting left guard Amini Silatolu (hamstring) has been cleared to return to practice Wednesday without restrictions.

Chris Scott, who started at left guard against Seattle, will return to right guard, where he had a perfect grade on pass protection after Williams went down. Silatolu and Travelle Wharton will work on the left side.
Bold: I guess they'll be doing some huntin' here soon.

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info GoldenSpur the O-line takes a beating and we really need to protect Cam the more he has to scramble I fear for his health.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott actually did pretty well i was pleasantly suprised. im still scared of Amini tho