• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/26 GDT Slytherin @ NL West Champs

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Anti-Timmy.

Well that's what's confusing about his recent struggles.

I remember when Timmy first came up on those horrible Giants teams. He was basically the only spark on that team, while Cain was routinely getting Cained.

Didn't matter that the team was out of contention..Timmy then competed with stuff and heart. That's why I personally give him a lot of rope. He showed he was a team-win guy even when the team was bad. A perfect transition from the Bonds years.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well that's what's confusing about his recent struggles.

I remember when Timmy first came up on those horrible Giants teams. He was basically the only spark on that team, while Cain was routinely getting Cained.

Didn't matter that the team was out of contention..Timmy then competed with stuff and heart. That's why I personally give him a lot of rope. He showed he was a team-win guy even when the team was bad. A perfect transition from the Bonds years.

Oh, he gets slack from me too. For this year only, though. Hopefully this year will "humble" Timmy a bit, i.e. he'll learn he can't just do anything he wants with his off-season and expect to be able turn it on and dominate when the season starts. These off-season drastic weight changes have got to stop.

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Kuiper been mixing up players' names a lot tonight? I feel like I've heard him do it a few times, or maybe I'm just hearing things.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, he gets slack from me too. For this year only, though. Hopefully this year will "humble" Timmy a bit, i.e. he'll learn he can't just do anything he wants with his off-season and expect to be able turn it on and dominate when the season starts. These off-season drastic weight changes have got to stop.

The rise and fall of the rock star

Its funny, the same thing you just said could easily be applied to Pablo 2010. He was the struggling star then

I attribute a lot of the Giants successes now to what Timmy brought back then, a total attitude change.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So close..Posey gave it a ride

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The rise and fall of the rock star

Its funny, the same thing you just said could easily be applied to Pablo 2010. He was the struggling star then

I attribute a lot of the Giants successes now to what Timmy brought back then, a total attitude change.

Maybe. I'd put it more emphasis on the commitment made to the farm system. Timmy's part of that.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Giants Win!

zCVKY.gif

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I'd put it more emphasis on the commitment made to the farm system. Timmy's part of that.

Oh of course, I never really paid attention to the underpinnings of the transformation. That's why hang out here to get my minor league fix :)

He was the first one to really break through and be the new face of the franchise and put the steroid years behind us (well, what we thought was behind us)

Back to topic: Cain getting his 16th win! He is finally getting his due

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Cain 16-5 2.77 ERA - should get some Cy Young votes.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok defense..you have a few games to get those errors out of your system

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Cain has a shot at the CY Young? I guess maybe you go with Dickey or Lohse, but Cain should at least get some votes. Might come down to everyone's last start...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh of course, I never really paid attention to the underpinnings of the transformation. That's why hang out here to get my minor league fix :)

He was the first one to really break through and be the new face of the franchise and put the steroid years behind us (well, what we thought was behind us)

Back to topic: Cain getting his 16th win! He is finally getting his due

Yeah, I can see that.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Cain has a shot at the CY Young? I guess maybe you go with Dickey or Lohse, but Cain should at least get some votes. Might come down to everyone's last start...

I think out of respect he deserves a nod.

It's Dickey or Gio for me

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think out of respect he deserves a nod.

It's Dickey or Gio for me

Gio walks too many guys for my taste so his whip is a little higher and averages barely 6 IP per start...

Dickey averages 7 IP and really has great numbers to go along with the 19 wins. He's probably the front runner... But if he bombs his last start and Cain has another excellent one, they flip flop for the era "title" and I think that gives Cain the edge.

Course Cain might not get another start... And Dicky probably doesnt bomb and then :think: that's that I guess.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Knuckleballers should not be allowed to win Cy Youngs. They're not beating anyone, they're fooling them. They're no Bro.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a two time CY winner he gets some 'allowances' as we move through the season. The real issue is the playoffs. As we moved through 30 of his starts it was always about 'turning the corner' and finding himself. The time has now run out. He'll get one more start to turn the corner and find himself. I always thought of Timmy as 4-5 hits through 7IP and a max of 2ER. He was always 'money in the bank'. This year has has trouble getting through 5IP and less than 5ER. I really wanted to see him do what Cain did yesterday. Would have been a great feeling knowing he looked good heading into the playoffs. Didn't happen. I think that Cain and MadBum can onll carry us so far. Hoping that Timmy can step to the plate for us. If we wind up splitting at home I see Timmy opening in either WAS or CINN for game 3. That game becomes super critical for us. Do we pitch Cain on 3 days rest if he falters?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As a two time CY winner he gets some 'allowances' as we move through the season. The real issue is the playoffs. As we moved through 30 of his starts it was always about 'turning the corner' and finding himself. The time has now run out. He'll get one more start to turn the corner and find himself. I always thought of Timmy as 4-5 hits through 7IP and a max of 2ER. He was always 'money in the bank'. This year has has trouble getting through 5IP and less than 5ER. I really wanted to see him do what Cain did yesterday. Would have been a great feeling knowing he looked good heading into the playoffs. Didn't happen. I think that Cain and MadBum can onll carry us so far. Hoping that Timmy can step to the plate for us. If we wind up splitting at home I see Timmy opening in either WAS or CINN for game 3. That game becomes super critical for us. Do we pitch Cain on 3 days rest if he falters?

Az owns timmy, so I'm not sure we can take too much away from his poor performance against them - had he dominated as Matt "MF" Cain did, different story, of course.

I think timmy takes his regular turn in the playoffs regardless of the outcome of the first two. What I'd like to see is for him to come into the game completely warmed up, firing in the 93mph range, geared for going through the lineup twice. Five competitive innings - that's all I expect.