• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/26 GDT Slytherin @ NL West Champs

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a two time CY winner he gets some 'allowances' as we move through the season. The real issue is the playoffs. As we moved through 30 of his starts it was always about 'turning the corner' and finding himself. The time has now run out. He'll get one more start to turn the corner and find himself. I always thought of Timmy as 4-5 hits through 7IP and a max of 2ER. He was always 'money in the bank'. This year has has trouble getting through 5IP and less than 5ER. I really wanted to see him do what Cain did yesterday. Would have been a great feeling knowing he looked good heading into the playoffs. Didn't happen. I think that Cain and MadBum can onll carry us so far. Hoping that Timmy can step to the plate for us. If we wind up splitting at home I see Timmy opening in either WAS or CINN for game 3. That game becomes super critical for us. Do we pitch Cain on 3 days rest if he falters?

Timmeh has been a solid 2/3 for his last 10 starts or so before this game. I think he has nailed down a starting spot in the playoffs, but with a MUCH shorter leash than any of us would have expected coming into the season. We will not see him stay in the game like he did against Philly, stranding the runner at 3rd. This year, the Committee will take over for him.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly expect Timmy to start game 3 no matter the situation. He has been a solid 2/3 over the past 10 games. All I want from him is a solid 5 innings. Then let it go inning by inning with the committee sitting in the wings.

We are moving into the playoff and for me personally I don't have the luxary to say what I think our pitching will do. I expect Cain and MadBum to shine. I want Timmy to shine but as stated we will have real short leash on him. Then we go into a really strange area. I'm not sure how Vogs will be. He was stellar until very recently. Prior to the last little bump I always thought of him as our #3. I thought he had more consistency than either Zeets or Timmy. Zeets is probably the most interesting one of the bunch. There have been times where he is just great and then there are times he can't find the plate and that always leads to some early trouble ...