• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

70's, 80's, 90's NBA Draft : CHAT

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get them all the time on my phone. Not sure why. It used to happen first when I wasn't on wifi. Now it happens unexpectedly.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a really shitty pos phone and I have no problem, but idk.
I use an iPhone. I use apple for work so it's really just easier with how it syncs. It's got its good and bad. But I'm sold on Apple

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt sign up to be a supporting member to get anything in return, I did it because I wanna keep the hoop up and running for as long as possible.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get them all the time on my phone. Not sure why. It used to happen first when I wasn't on wifi. Now it happens unexpectedly.
Are you using an iPhone Sushi? Like nos said I haven't had a problem since doing the supporting membership. But if you're on an iPhone you can go. Settings>Safari Settings> Java Script> Turn java script off. You'll know it's off when you see your text box here is yellow. It will cut out redirects. But the downfall is you can't use or see video with it off. So you have to turn it back on to do certain things. I used to keep the settings window open in another window. And double tap back to it to turn it back on. The same way you do when you close windows on the phone out

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you using an iPhone Sushi? Like nos said I haven't had a problem since doing the supporting membership. But if you're on an iPhone you can go. Settings>Safari Settings> Java Script> Turn java script off. You'll know it's off when you see your text box here is yellow. It will cut out redirects. But the downfall is you can't use or see video with it off. So you have to turn it back on to do certain things. I used to keep the settings window open in another window. And double tap back to it to turn it back on. The same way you do when you close windows on the phone out

Thanks for the advice. Although it sounds like more of a hindrance to watching pron. So you know, priorities.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt sign up to be a supporting member to get anything in return, I did it because I wanna keep the hoop up and running for as long as possible.
That's why I did it too. Obviously I donated the vCash you get when you sign up. Superstitious en sech

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place has tons of traffic, it isn't getting shut down anytime soon unless people just randomly stop posting.

You're giving them money for no reason, is my point.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place has tons of traffic, it isn't getting shut down anytime soon unless people just randomly stop posting.

You're giving them money for no reason, is my point.

If the hoop was a money maker why did Hammer sell it? CBS shut down its message boards and they were doing pretty good...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See y'all in a few hours

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the hoop was a money maker why did Hammer sell it? CBS shut down its message boards and they were doing pretty good...
Probably sold it for good money.

IMDB's forums were doing good as well and they shut down, but big company's like CBS/IMDB usually shut down forums for other reasons than stand off forums like this.

I've seen forums that are literally ghost towns stay up for years, there's a place I used to post at 5-7 years ago called Basketball Forum that will gets less posts per day on their whole site than we do itt, and they are still up and running.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL You going to be watching the upcoming UFC? Think Maia beats Woodley? What about Lawler v. Cowboy? Lots of good fights on this card.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably sold it for good money.

IMDB's forums were doing good as well and they shut down, but big company's like CBS/IMDB usually shut down forums for other reasons than stand off forums like this.

I've seen forums that are literally ghost towns stay up for years, there's a place I used to post at 5-7 years ago called Basketball Forum that will gets less posts per day on their whole site than we do itt, and they are still up and running.
The original owner was a ghost. Ghost in the machine. When it started it relied heavily on bots and google ads. What sets SportsHoopla apart from the sites that went out. ESPN, FN, CBS, etc.... Is that it was built by the posters rather than a company. Basically a bunch of tech nerds that got sick of being constantly booted. By corporate run sites. And it gave us freedoms like language, etc..we didn't have before. At the beginning we worked the google system and twitter hard to support it. And the posters actually drew the traffic and built the site up. I'm not a mod anymore so I don't know how the systems changed Especially since the upgrade and with the internet constantly changing.I do know they do have costs like licensing, domain ,maintenance,format...But between the posters and the board for me it was more of a thank you to sign up. And an investment in something special we all built and grew. The funniest story is the site in a way spawned from a very old ESPN thread about a Florida gators fan with a toothbrush up his ass long story tho

Last edited:
Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL You going to be watching the upcoming UFC? Think Maia beats Woodley? What about Lawler v. Cowboy? Lots of good fights on this card.
Yes, I watch every card, even the ones with the guys Joe Rogan has never heard of.

Woodley by KO/Decision even tho I'm pulling for Maia.

Lawler/Cowboy is a tossup, Cowboy is better on the feet technically, but I think Lawler is quite a bit bigger and will probably catch him with a hard shot and TKO/KO him.

Cyborg beats the dog shit out of Evinger.

Jones/DC can really wind up any type of way, but if my life depended on it I'd pick Jones by decision again, my second choice would be Jones by Sub, and then 3rd choice would be DC by decision.

Sterling/Barao on the undercard will be fireworks as well, that and lawler/Cerrone will be the most exciting fights of the night.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I watch every card, even the ones with the guys Joe Rogan has never heard of.

Lawler/Cowboy is a tossup, Cowboy is better on the feet technically, but I think Lawler is quite a bit bigger and will probably catch him with a hard shot and TKO/KO him.

Jones/DC can really wind up any type of way, but if my life depended on it I'd pick Jones by decision again, my second choice would be Jones by Sub, and then 3rd choice would be DC by decision.

Sterling/Barao on the undercard will be fireworks as well, that and lawler/Cerrone will be the most exciting fights of the night.

Yeah I'm really interested in Jones/DC, mostly because we don't know what Jones we're gonna see. Dude is a beast though.

Obviously the last two Woodley fights with Thompson were underwhelming but you think he'll be able to avoid going to the ground with Maia? Maia has been on a tear lately. Woodley has the speed and power though.

What about the Manuwa v. Oezdemir? That fight looks like a toss up too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna pass on the UFC fights this week, Bar None fighting live trumps them every time
:thumb: