• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ Nebraska -- 6pm CST on ESPN

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska had a QB in the early to mid nineties called Tommie Frazier and one called Brook Berringer. Frazier was black, and Berringer was white. True story! I was glad to see Frazier, a black fella, come back after he missed most of the 1994 season, and regain his starting position from Berringer, a white fella, because Berringer, a white fella, wasn't getting the job done against Miami.
:lol: Tommie started against Miami...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska had a QB in the early to mid nineties called Tommie Frazier and one called Brook Berringer. Frazier was black, and Berringer was white. True story! I was glad to see Frazier, a black fella, come back after he missed most of the 1994 season, and regain his starting position from Berringer, a white fella, because Berringer, a white fella, wasn't getting the job done against Miami.

Im so jealous. I wish I could be drunk at 7 am

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:lol: Tommie started against Miami...

Oh that's right, my mistake, but Tommie was replaced by the white fella, until the white fella couldn't get things going, and then the black fella brought Nebraska to victory. According to JJM, I don't like TA because he's black, yet the truth is I was glad to see the black fella, Frazier go back in against Miami. Hmmm?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it appears that some agree with him. Hmm.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I watched the last few minutes of the game just now and even one of the play by play guys said TA had GREAT PROTECTION on his TERRIBLE pass he threw that was almost picked off, and would have been run back for two points to give MSU the win. That was on the two point conversion try. So much for the folks who are saying TA was running for his life the whole game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Nebraska
    Final Odds : 180/100 (2.80)
    Friday at 10:12 PM
    Wagers:
    Handle:
    $100.00
    Paid Out:
    $180.00
  1. View attachment 50008
    huskers1217
    Wagered Odds: 180/100 (2.80)
    Staked:
    $100.00
    Won:
    $180.00
View Detailed Outcomes

how did you do @Red_Alert ?

I hedged my avy bet with 7Samurai by putting vCash on Sparty M/L.

If the Huskers lose, I have to wear an avy picked by 7Samurai, but I win vCash.
If the Huskers win I get to pick 7Samurai's avy, but lose vCash.

I'd rather the scenario that happened happen. Huskers got the win and I lost some worthless vCash. I was going to win either way.

Have you seen 7Samurai's new avy? It's in the avy bet thread.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hedged my avy bet with 7Samurai by putting vCash on Sparty M/L.

If the Huskers lose, I have to wear an avy picked by 7Samurai, but I win vCash.
If the Huskers win I get to pick 7Samurai's avy, but lose vCash.

I'd rather the scenario that happened happen. Huskers got the win and I lost some worthless vCash. I was going to win either way.

Have you seen 7Samurai's new avy? It's in the avy bet thread.
Saw that...nice "corny" comment too :lol:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the last few minutes of the game just now and even one of the play by play guys said TA had GREAT PROTECTION on his TERRIBLE pass he threw that was almost picked off, and would have been run back for two points to give MSU the win. That was on the two point conversion try. So much for the folks who are saying TA was running for his life the whole game.
the o-line played out of their minds against one of the best d-lines in the nation. seriously, its probably one of the first time all seasons that i don't remember yelling at them about blocking during the game. Gates being back obviously clearly helped and Sterup being at Guard instead of Tackle. those boys were opening holes all night for our running game and don't think he was sacked at all, but can't find that stat.

which all begs the question, where the hell have they been the rest of the season? illinois/purdue could have been won easy if they would have run blocked the way they did saturday night.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy to think about it.

In the 90's we'd schedule Michigan State just to have someone to practice against.

Now we're shocking the cot danged world by beating them at home.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the o-line played out of their minds against one of the best d-lines in the nation. seriously, its probably one of the first time all seasons that i don't remember yelling at them about blocking during the game. Gates being back obviously clearly helped and Sterup being at Guard instead of Tackle. those boys were opening holes all night for our running game and don't think he was sacked at all, but can't find that stat.

which all begs the question, where the hell have they been the rest of the season? illinois/purdue could have been won easy if they would have run blocked the way they did saturday night.

Yeah, some people will want to believe TA was running for his life the whole game. Eh, I guess they'll believe what they want to believe. In this case having a great player placed in there can make a lot of difference. TA didn't have a sack all night. So much for him running for his life the whole night! LMAO! The Purdue game would have been won by just limiting the amount of passes thrown by our highly inexperienced second string QB who has a lot of upside if utilized properly. We all know the story in the GIFTED away Illinois game.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just proof that some people will cheer for whatever their "narrative" is, rather than cheering for the team to be successful. I really don't get it.

So you would have rather Nebraska block poorly all night for TA instead of blocking very good? I see. Despite this, TA still almost threw the game away on two different plays on that last drive. Like I said before, he would be an outstanding QB by just making some better decisions. He's pretty good the way he is.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just beat a real top 10 team for the first time since Solich was here and all Exorbitant can talk about is how the back-up walk-on non-talent should be starting over Tommy Armstrong.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not a Bo defender but #11 MSU in 2011 (ok so not top 10 but still close enough) and #12 Penn State in 2011 too (again not top 10 but close). #6 mizzoo in 2010. I believe those are rankings at the time of playing.