• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ Nebraska -- 6pm CST on ESPN

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He most likely got sick and tired of Davie getting out maneuvered continually. On that play, Davie was staying with the receiver, but Gerry figured he would just screw it up when the football reached the receiver, so he intervened.
He got beat

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He got beat

Obviously Gerry doesn't have the speed that Davie has, but again, he intervened because he got sick of Davie screwing it up. Davie has the speed, but he either doesn't have the smarts or maybe he needs better coaching?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes trying to follow your train of thought is like this.
whack+a+mole.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a walkon who passed for over 400 yards in his very first start, if the coach wanted to go full bore west coast, which thankfully didn't happen last night, otherwise Nebraska WOULD NOT have celebrated a win. Common sense play calling led to a win. That's a novel idea, common sense play calling!

400 yards, 4 interceptions, and 1 fumble.

And there could have been at least 3 more INTs due to throws being behind receivers.

Fyfe would have gotten sacked 8 times last night. No way he could have escaped out of the pocket.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
» Team Captain (2015)
» 2015 Lott Trophy Watch List
» 2015 Preseason First-Team All-Big Ten (Lindy's)
» Brook Berringer Citizenship Team (2015)
» Tom Osborne Citizenship Team (2015)

And whats changed from last year to this year?

Riley's critics want to know...

He kind of did. He's been going through the motions.
You are using as an example of the talent on this team the guy who body checked Daniel Davie against Northwestern and then got beat?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
» Team Captain (2015)
» 2015 Lott Trophy Watch List
» 2015 Preseason First-Team All-Big Ten (Lindy's)

» Brook Berringer Citizenship Team (2015)
» Tom Osborne Citizenship Team (2015)

And whats changed from last year to this year?

Riley's critics want to know...
You're asking the wrong person. Nate Gerry is not one of my favorite players so my answer would be not much has changed. He takes too many plays off.
As for the "trophys" you bolded, one's a pre-season list and the other's a watch list which has dozens of players on it. One could argue that neither mean a thing.

My original question was if we have so much talent where are our "all conference" players.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't meant as an insult. You were all over the place.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
400 yards, 4 interceptions, and 1 fumble.

And there could have been at least 3 more INTs due to throws being behind receivers.

Fyfe would have gotten sacked 8 times last night. No way he could have escaped out of the pocket.

TA could easily had at leat 2 more picks last night, one of them being a gem like the one he threw against NW, you know the sweet little pick six?

Haven't you read some of my previous comments about how a lot of risk could have been minimized by west coast Riley by just limiting the pass attempts?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA could easily had at leat 2 more picks last night, one of them being a gem like the one he threw against NW, you know the sweet little pick six?

There is absolutely no argument..........zero arugments.......in any way, shape or form.......that can be made for starting a walk-on slow white boy who has thrown as many INTs as he has TDs in his career, over a 3 year starter who has won a ton of games and has the ability to get away from a pass rush and make plays with his feet.

You have no argument. You haven't even argued. You just keep saying the backup should get a chance.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is absolutely no argument..........zero arugments.......in any way, shape or form.......that can be made for starting a walk-on slow white boy who has thrown as many INTs as he has TDs in his career, over a 3 year starter who has won a ton of games and has the ability to get away from a pass rush and make plays with his feet.

You have no argument. You haven't even argued. You just keep saying the backup should get a chance.

Yeah a slow walkon who doesn't have any experience yet is forced to pass almost 50 stinking times in his first start ever?! That was just plain ludicrous especially considering just how bad Purdue's rush defense is. Also for the thousandth time, I said west coast should place Fyfe in for a series or two, not the whole game to give TA a different perspective when he's in one of his stink modes.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a slow walkon who doesn't have any experience yet is forced to pass almost 50 stinking times in his first start ever?! That was just plain ludicrous especially considering just how bad Purdue's rush defense is.

I'm convinced if Tommy was white you'd have no problem with him starting.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
You're asking the wrong person. Nate Gerry is not one of my favorite players so my answer would be not much has changed. He takes too many plays off.
As for the "trophys" you bolded, one's a pre-season list and the other's a watch list which has dozens of players on it. One could argue that neither mean a thing.

My original question was if we have so much talent where are our "all conference" players.

So your definition of talent is to become the best person, theoretically, at a given position?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your definition of talent is to become the best person, theoretically, at a given position?
Good Lord, you're not really serious are you? After all that you are going to attack my definition?

Talent means above average ability. Doesn't it stand to reason if we are a team of above average ability that a few of our players would excel when compared to their peers?
Honestly you seem to be just looking for a fight. If you wish to discuss something I am more than willing to. If you wish to debate something I love a good debate. But I see no point in us just going back and forth pissing on each other. We just both get wet and it stinks.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Nebraska band in the final minutes and they keep on going!!

Shockwave kept crashing on me, so the video would stop every few seconds and the audio was a couple seconds ahead.

They play Heartbreaker at the 18:20 minutes mark as in broke Michigan State's Heart.

Those drums took a beating.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't watch the whole thing but I skipped through it. Awesome!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm convinced if Tommy was white you'd have no problem with him starting.
Nebraska had a QB in the early to mid nineties called Tommie Frazier and one called Brook Berringer. Frazier was black, and Berringer was white. True story! I was glad to see Frazier, a black fella, come back after he missed most of the 1994 season, and regain his starting position from Berringer, a white fella, because Berringer, a white fella, wasn't getting the job done against Miami.