• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Embiid's game and think he's an elite player. But an ounce of humility goes a long way. Embiid actually makes me almost want to root for Cleveland should these two teams meet in the conference finals.

Yeah he's very arrogant for an injury prone player who finally played close to a full season in year 4 of his career. At this point I would no doubt be rooting for Cleveland if they meet.

No wonder Westbrook can't stand him

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's very arrogant for an injury prone player who finally played close to a full season in year 4 of his career. At this point I would no doubt be rooting for Cleveland if they meet.

No wonder Westbrook can't stand him

Yeah, I like to dog on Westbrook a lot.

But you don't see Westbrook talk shit as much as Embiid does. Dude just had back-to-back triple double seasons.

Hell, you don't see any NBA player that most would classify in the top 10 talk as much as Embiid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like to dog on Westbrook a lot.

But you don't see Westbrook talk shit as much as Embiid does. Dude just had back-to-back triple double seasons.

Hell, you don't see any NBA player that most would classify in the top 10 talk as much as Embiid.

Nope not at all. Russ doesn't talk really. He just plays hard as hell.

This dude Embiid trolling act got stale very quickly. Great player but very easy to dislike if you're not a Sixers fan

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This dude Embiid trolling act got stale very quickly. Great player but very easy to dislike if you're not a Sixers fan

Yeah it's a fine line between funny and tiresome. Do more with less.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see there are some hurt feelings. So be. I find it kinda funny to see fans of Dwayne Wade being upset about shit talkers but such is life.

The Heat played really well tonight. I give high marks to Dragic, Winslow, and Richardson for playing really tough.

Before the series most knowledgeable fans agreed that the Sixers would win this series but it would be a tough series. The Heat don't have a superstar player. Dragic is really good and I admire his effort but he isn't a superstar. They are playing with a clear talent deficiency against the Sixers especially with Embiid on the court.

But they are playing hard and with a great deal of effort. I give full props to them.

But ultimately I think it will be tough for the Heat to beat the Sixers because they have the 2 best players on the floor. If they do that would be a great achievement.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take your comments more seriously if you didn't say that your favorite moment from Game 2 was Winslow calling Simmons a bitch.

This is the NBA. Trash talking is part of the game. Don't like it? Perhaps golf is more your speed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take your comments more seriously if you didn't say that your favorite moment from Game 2 was Winslow calling Simmons a bitch.

This is the NBA. Trash talking is part of the game. Don't like it? Perhaps golf is more your speed.

Ok.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So be. I find it kinda funny to see fans of Dwayne Wade being upset about shit talkers but such is life.

This post makes no sense. When was Wade ever some big shit talker? He was never known as one so I have no idea what you're getting at here

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right trash talking DURING the game is a part of the game. You rarely see any player do the BS Embiid been doing all season when it comes to talking shit off the court. Players typically trash talking to on the court. As I said before, NBA trolling that he does got stale very quickly.

Nice to see him talking like the series is done though

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right trash talking DURING the game is a part of the game. You rarely see any player do the BS Embiid been doing all season when it comes to talking shit off the court. Players typically trash talking to on the court. As I said before, NBA trolling that he does got stale very quickly.

So you were cool with Winslow intentionally stomping on Embiid's mask? That was ok?

I gotta say, I expected more from you.

You know how you shut players up in the NBA? You beat them. You know that.

Acting butt hurt from some post game trash talking isn't a good look.

Oh and, btw, you really don't think that Wade has been a troublemaker his whole career? I love the guy. One of my 5 or 6 favorite players ever but the guy was more than willing to mix it up.

The Heat lost. The Heat are not as good a team as the Sixers. You knew that before the series. So why are you going to get all pissy about it now?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and, btw, you really don't think that Wade has been a troublemaker his whole career? I love the guy. One of my 5 or 6 favorite players ever but the guy was more than willing to mix it up.

Willing to mix it up on the court and not backing down and being a trash talker are 2 totally different things.

Wade was never known as a trash talker.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat lost. The Heat are not as good a team as the Sixers. You knew that before the series. So why are you going to get all pissy about it now?

I'm a fan.

Also series is far from over. The Heat were a good 4th quarter away from being up 2-1 heading into game 4. That is the difference between being down 2-1 or up 2-1

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He just likes to have fun. I don’t think it bothers most players. Definitely gets under some guys’ skin.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just really glad the 76ers managed to escape Kelly Olynyk, the renown Philly killer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan.

Also series is far from over. The Heat were a good 4th quarter away from being up 2-1 heading into game 4. That is the difference between being down 2-1 or up 2-1

Sure. The Heat could definitely still win this series. But I will say this.

The Heat shot 64% in the first half from the arc. That is hard to duplicate. Maybe they will do that in Game 3 but I don't think it is very likely. This game was close when both sides were hitting their shots. But the problem for the heat is that the Sixers are the best rebounding team in basketball so once you fall off on your shooting it becomes very hard to keep up with them.

Barring injuries I will maintain that the Sixers win this in 6. And I don't think you really disagree.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally cool with this right, @bksballer89

FTR, I like Winslow. I actually think he is going to have a long and really good NBA career.

But spare me the hand wringing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally cool with this right, @bksballer89

FTR, I like Winslow. I actually think he is going to have a long and really good NBA career.

But spare me the hand wringing.

Go back to the thread from earlier tonight and good luck finding a post from me on this other than "lmao" when a Sixers fan suggested he get suspended

So do me a favor and stop saying i was cool with it when i didn't say a word about it.

Thanks

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Embiid's game and think he's an elite player. But an ounce of humility goes a long way. Embiid actually makes me almost want to root for Cleveland should these two teams meet in the conference finals.

Screw that. Embiid is a godsend. Give me all that personality every time. His troll game is ELITE and he's got the skills to back up any talk whether its trolling or not. This dude can talk as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned. Personalities like that are what makes the NBA great and why its popularity is rising in every facet.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw that. Embiid is a godsend. Give me all that personality every time. His troll game is ELITE and he's got the skills to back up any talk whether its trolling or not. This dude can talk as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned. Personalities like that are what makes the NBA great and why its popularity is rising in every facet.

OK this is actually a great comment. I'm changing my priors a bit on Embiid's schtick.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey heat players, remember in game 2 when Dragic score at the buzzer? Yeah we running up the fucking score. Deal with it

I still remember back in 2011 when the Sixers played the Heat - game 5 - Heat had game in hand and series won - 20 or so seconds left

Wade nonchalantly dribbling up the court with a Sixers defender on him but Wade made like he was just dribbling the clock out - as soon as Sixers defender turned and started walking towards the locker room punk Wade takes off and dunks the ball at the final buzzer

Since that day Wade is the player I hate the most in the NBA
I root against him and his team every time - no matter what the team

I wish Mahorn or Barkley were there to break Wade's leg for doing that punk ass move