• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to an extent.
Just because a team goes small to create open perimiter shots doesnt mean the shots will go in.
That same team going that small should get pummeled on the other end if an effort is made to take advantage of the mismatch.
The team mentality contributed to him being bad.
They rarely attempted to get him going.
If you watch the Heat, you’d know he’s streaky.

Sounds like Portland's model

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but question for the Miami fans.

Who owns the city of Miami? Heat? Dolphins? Hurricanes? I know not the Marlins..

Is whatever team is the current most successful the kings of the city? Not trying to make a jab at bandwagoning but many cities flow that way.

Ive lived here since 87.
Answer easily used to be Dolphins.
Wade put the Heat neck and neck, if not ahead.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to team up Whiteside with Jahlil Okafor at PF, maybe get Moe Harkless at SF...you know, get an early 80s lineup together and see how it works in the modern era...
The problem with Whiteside is the same one Howard had until recently.

He wants to be Joel Embiid, when his skill set says he should play like a a slower Clint Capela.

He doesn't have the offensive skill set to be a 1st or 2nd option.

But, he's not content with shagging rebounds, playing great defense and scoring within the flow of the offense.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wants to be Joel Embiid, when his skill set says he should play like a a slower Clint Capela.

But, he's not content with shagging rebounds, playing great defense and scoring within the flow of the offense.
He is looking very Emeka Okaforish to me at this point.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive lived here since 87.
Answer easily used to be Dolphins.
Wade put the Heat neck and neck, if not ahead.
Thanks.

Although I must ask. You've lived there since 87, so I assume you've been a Heat fan since the start. So how in the Hell do you have the Knicks listed as one of your favorite teams?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

Although I must ask. You've lived there since 87, so I assume you've been a Heat fan since the start. So how in the Hell do you have the Knicks listed as one of your favorite teams?

I roll with Beasley.
#alwaysforever

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Wade may retire. But if he does he should stay around and get a job on the coaching staff. I am sure Spoelstra would loved to have him and he could also compete still in occasional practices.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Wade may retire. But if he does he should stay around and get a job on the coaching staff. I am sure Spoelstra would loved to have him and he could also compete still in occasional practices.

Wade don't seem like the coaching type. I picture him as a tv analyst more than a coach. I think he wants to be around his son who should be playing D1 hoops and maybe make the NBA in a few years

Last edited:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade don't seem like the coaching time. I picture him as a tv analyst more than a coach. I think he wants to be around his son who should be playing D1 hoops and maybe make the NBA in a few years
How old is his son? Like Freshman in college next year? If so, I say stick it out 2-3 more years, and if you need to get there go part time playing and try and play in the league the same time as when your son gets in. that would be a cool rare thing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old is his son? Like Freshman in college next year? If so, I say stick it out 2-3 more years, and if you need to get there go part time playing and try and play in the league the same time as when your son gets in. that would be a cool rare thing.

Nah he got another 2 more years in HS I believe so if things go right, he'll be a college freshman in 2020

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s 15

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one of his main problems though is he just cant stay on the court against small lineups. Post play is just so much less efficient than having 3-4 dudes that can shoot threes at an amazing clip. When teams are routinely taking 25+ 3's a game you cant trade 2's for 3's It just kills you having a big man that cant switch on the PnR and at least marginally defend a 3pt shooter.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me Wade is back though. I think he may lean towards playing one full season with the Heat since he just came back in February and only played about 30 games or so....could be wrong

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first, I'm not just basing my theory on his legacy alone - but also what he's said is most important to him. And that's how I came up with the logic of him being in a win now mode. I think the trades that went down at the deadline highlight the fact that he's trying to capitalize as quickly as possible.

Oh, he's definitely in win now mode, but he's also in legacy mode and titles are only part of that. You have to remember,fair or not, there are already those who want to downgrade his 3 titles for how he "team hopped" trying to stack teams. Imagine what would be said if he did what everyone's been killing KD for. It would give his detractors even more ammo.

Second, what does it matter whether or not he put the teams together as long as they're winning?

It doesn't to me. Same as it doesn't matter to me that KD jumped to the Warriors. But there are an awful lot of folks who already are downgrading him for the fact that he stacked the teams he moved to.

Finally, he takes flak for EVERYTHING he does so why would he base his personal decisions on that at this point in his career? To your point about him separating himself from the other all timers, some would argue he already has a "stain", if you will, for joining Wade & Bosh in Miami instead of staying put and bringing talent to "his" team.

You actually answered your own question. Lebron wants to retire as the GOAT. That's part of why he has been congratulating himself for his accomplishments all season. But, as you pointed out, there are a lot of folks who consider his legacy stained because of how he stacked the teams he went to. Because of that, if he wants to be the GOAT, he has to do something to separate himself from the other all timers. Going to a team as stacked as Philly looks to be doesn't do that.