• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats ‘anywhere’?
More then half the teams make the playoffs.
Before the season ever begins, if you were given only 3 picks, most years you would get the eventual champion correct.
how many of those champions are just a team of dudes and dont have stars?

What are the best teams in the East?

Cavs--- star power- LeBron and Love- LeBron is LeBron- Love is a 5 time all star
Toronto- star power- DeRozan and Lowry- multi time all stars the both of them
Boston--- star power- Kyrie Irving, obviously Hayward when healthy, Tatum- #3 overall pick sure does look pretty damn good as well- like its the kind of guy you are just thrilled you drafted.
Milwaukee?--- Giannis- star power
Wizards--- WAll and Beale

I mean out West its just more of the same.
the teams that are gonna advance--- Utah, GSW, HOU and NO---- GSW- of course 4 stars--- HOU- all of a sudden they are considered a possible GSW upset candidate since they added star PG CP3 to Harden. New Orleans has one of the games biggest stars and top 10 players in Anthony Davis----- Utah just drafted Donovan Mitchell who looks like a bonafide All NBA player someday. Drafting a guy like him outside the top 10 is just so insanely rare Utah has to be thrilled- not too mention Rudy Gobert- def. top 5 and maybe the best defensive player in the league.

Teams without stars just dont go anywhere in the NBA. How many times in the last 5 years have teams without stars won a playoff series? It just really doesnt happen. The NBA has always, is, and will always be a star driven league.

I mean I look at that NBA and the only teams without a big time star to make the playoffs are maybe Indiana if you dont consider Oladipo a star yet, Miami who I guess the closest to a star is Dragic and thats pretty much it if you ask me----and i guess you would have to say San Antonio since Leonard barely played....Portland all they really have is Lillard- and to acertain extent McCollum. The Knicks were not good- but after Porzingis went down they lost like every game- the Knicks won 5 freaking games after January ended.

the teams without stars are teams like Hawks, Bulls, Kings, Nets, Spurs (i dont really consider Alrdidge a star...is he?) without Leonard, Miami, Indiana, Clippers, Lakers, Suns (Booker isnt a star yet), Dallas, where would you put the Grizz?--- are Gasol and Conley "stars"?- i dunno about that one tough to call, maybe the Nuggets as well are starless....

I mean- its pretty clear the starless teams are by and large must weaker then teams with legit NBA all stars.

Indiana, Miami and SAS were the only decent teams without traditional stars this year and none of them are gonna win a playoff series

because in the NBA star power is what matters- more so than any other sport by a very very large margin.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many of those champions are just a team of dudes and dont have stars?

What are the best teams in the East?

Cavs--- star power- LeBron and Love- LeBron is LeBron- Love is a 5 time all star
Toronto- star power- DeRozan and Lowry- multi time all stars the both of them
Boston--- star power- Kyrie Irving, obviously Hayward when healthy, Tatum- #3 overall pick sure does look pretty damn good as well- like its the kind of guy you are just thrilled you drafted.
Milwaukee?--- Giannis- star power
Wizards--- WAll and Beale

I mean out West its just more of the same.
the teams that are gonna advance--- Utah, GSW, HOU and NO---- GSW- of course 4 stars--- HOU- all of a sudden they are considered a possible GSW upset candidate since they added star PG CP3 to Harden. New Orleans has one of the games biggest stars and top 10 players in Anthony Davis----- Utah just drafted Donovan Mitchell who looks like a bonafide All NBA player someday. Drafting a guy like him outside the top 10 is just so insanely rare Utah has to be thrilled- not too mention Rudy Gobert- def. top 5 and maybe the best defensive player in the league.

Teams without stars just dont go anywhere in the NBA. How many times in the last 5 years have teams without stars won a playoff series? It just really doesnt happen. The NBA has always, is, and will always be a star driven league.

I mean I look at that NBA and the only teams without a big time star to make the playoffs are maybe Indiana if you dont consider Oladipo a star yet, Miami who I guess the closest to a star is Dragic and thats pretty much it if you ask me----and i guess you would have to say San Antonio since Leonard barely played....Portland all they really have is Lillard- and to acertain extent McCollum. The Knicks were not good- but after Porzingis went down they lost like every game- the Knicks won 5 freaking games after January ended.

the teams without stars are teams like Hawks, Bulls, Kings, Nets, Spurs (i dont really consider Alrdidge a star...is he?) without Leonard, Miami, Indiana, Clippers, Lakers, Suns (Booker isnt a star yet), Dallas, where would you put the Grizz?--- are Gasol and Conley "stars"?- i dunno about that one tough to call, maybe the Nuggets as well are starless....

I mean- its pretty clear the starless teams are by and large must weaker then teams with legit NBA all stars.

Indiana, Miami and SAS were the only decent teams without traditional stars this year and none of them are gonna win a playoff series

because in the NBA star power is what matters- more so than any other sport by a very very large margin.

1,000 word summation.

I won the over.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times in the regular season were we called for 30+ fouls?

Now 3 games in a row.

#onlyintheNBA

Yep. 31 fouls tonight.

Heat didn't change their style of play in the playoffs.

Magically everything is a foul in the playoffs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 31 fouls tonight.

Supposed to be the opposite.
Thats my point.
Its the playoffs.
It gets more physical.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 31 fouls tonight.

yah i have noticed that- it was pretty rough-- youd think theyd let them play a little more in the playoffs instead of being ticky-tack. Kinda BS but you know the NBA wants Embiid and simmons to move on and i think we have seen that a little bit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are worrying about covering in maybe Dwayne Wade's last game-- an elimination game? Thats what you are thinking of?

I really dont give a fuck about vcash.
I also don’t worry if players retire.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. Some of these fouls are just so weak-- esp. for the playoffs when they should let the guys play.

Its ridiculous in premise.
Not because its the Heat.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is worse?
Me not knowing who Meek Mill is or DJ not recognizing a famous movie quote?
Can I get a ruling here before the saltiness boils over.....
Good Will Hunting

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i have noticed that- it was pretty rough-- youd think theyd let them play a little more in the playoffs instead of being ticky-tack. Kinda BS but you know the NBA wants Embiid and simmons to move on and i think we have seen that a little bit.

Yeah agree. Been pretty obvious with the things Embiid got away with compared to the BS they called on Hassan.

Hard to play basketball when every single thing is a touch foul

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Philly Fans!!