• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6-3

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let the team worry about not falling asleep on anyone, taking them one at a time, not getting ahead of themselves, etc. If Rodgers is still out on TG I see 1 loss... @Philly. 12-4. That still is probably only good enough for a 3 seed and a trip to New Orleans, Seattle or both if we win the first round home playoff game. I don't see us beating either of those teams at their place in the post season. I think we'd need to run the table to get a first round bye. Not a very likely scenario but why not.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Evil-Er I dont disagree with your point. I think we have 7 tough games on our schedule. But predicting doom (and not just you) doesnt make anyone a "realist". The reality is we are 6-3 and 4 months ago 6-3 predictions were homers and 3-6 were self proclaimed realists. Which one was real?

Neither were real, they were the thoughts and opinions of differing Lions fans. There was never anything wrong with that. If we were 3-6 what would the kool aid drinkers be calling the people who were the "realists" when making those predictions?

Your second sentence in that post is where I get lost on this board though. Where am I predicting gloom and doom? Does anyone on here really think that its almost an impossibility that we go into Heinz Field and leave without a victory? Is that negative or being a realist right there? Every game in the NFL is tough and each team is capable of beating any other team on any given day. That is the reality of the NFL, its certainly not being negative.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither were real, they were the thoughts and opinions of differing Lions fans. There was never anything wrong with that. If we were 3-6 what would the kool aid drinkers be calling the people who were the "realists" when making those predictions?

Your second sentence in that post is where I get lost on this board though. Where am I predicting gloom and doom? Does anyone on here really think that its almost an impossibility that we go into Heinz Field and leave without a victory? Is that negative or being a realist right there? Every game in the NFL is tough and each team is capable of beating any other team on any given day. That is the reality of the NFL, its certainly not being negative.

Its not a question of whether or not anyone is saying if it is possible not to leave Heinz Field without a victory. We could lose any game. But the fact is we can win any game as well. We are in the drivers seat of this division. Our 2 closest rivals are in really rough places right now. We are getting a big weapon back next week. Even if we do slip in the division the WC is looking good for us as well. Playoffs are not a distant thought or wishful thinking. We are a playoff team right now. To me, this is more a question of 3 seed, 5th or 6th and who we play. But we are getting in.

And something I said weeks ago, we can beat any team in the NFC or NFL except for the Saints right now. So once we are in the playoffs if we draw Carolina, or SF, or Chi or GB we have a good chance to get a play off win.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And something I said weeks ago, we can beat any team in the NFC or NFL except for the Saints right now
Isnt that being negative? We cant beat the Saints? We can beat any team in the NFL on any given Sunday. Any team can do that, including against us. The Jets beat the Saints last week so why cant we?

You are correct that right now we are a playoff team. But the season isnt ending right now, its got seven more weeks. That is a fact. It's also a fact that its possible we could lose every one of those games. Whether anyone believes that or not (which I certainly dont) that is merely their "opinion" on the matter. The "fact" is that we could. That is reality, it cant be argued and its not being negative. It would be if I said that I think we arent good enough to win enough of those games to make the playoffs, but I've never said that nor do I believe it. What I have stated are absolute facts, they arent conjecture, they arent opinions, they are facts and until there is an asterisk next to the Lions listing in the NFL standings that denotes they've clinched a playoff birth its my "opinion" that its way too early to start talking about the playoffs.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that being negative? We cant beat the Saints? We can beat any team in the NFL on any given Sunday. Any team can do that, including against us. The Jets beat the Saints last week so why cant we?

I dont think we have could handle the Saints. I know any given Sunday and all that, but they would be a matchup nightmare for us. I know they lost to the Jets, but we arent the Jets. Maybe it is negative, I dont know. Maybe I am just being a realist right?

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but when the buccaneers scored 21 points in seattle it was only the 2nd time all season they had done so and the packers couldn't score more than 13 points against the eagles the NFL's 31st ranked pass defense that gives up over 300 yards a game, pittsburgh is 29th against the run, minnesotta won't have anything to play for the last game of the year, and eli leads the league in turnovers.

I get your whole anything can happen thing you are harping on cause it can but come one get excited our opponents combined schedule hold for GB is 17-37. every single one of them have major weaknesses and in case you haven't realized GB sure as hell isn't the same team without rodgers.

but you know what you are right we will screw up, we are the lions; the steelers demolish every team they face the buccs take their opponents to the brink every game Foles makes rodgers look like a washed up never was.
Most importantly the bears and the packers will take every single opportunity to win 80% of their games despite injuries and tough matchupsso they can both finish 11-5 (6-1 the rest of the way) with the same division 4-2 record kicking us out of the playoffs.

it is so obvious the the bears and packers were about to go on historic runs with major injuries to get the perfect wins to knock us out of the playoffs how could i possibly think we stood a chance.

I ranted extremely severely there but i finally got around to my point which was the packers and bears have to be 6-1 while we finish 4-3 with a soft schedule. I am not ecstatic that the lions are the best team in the NFC it is the fact that the packers and bears can't lose 2 games and expect to take the division crown

(edit: your more recent posts better clarify your position but my point still remains the packers and bears have to go 6-1 to completely unequivocally kick us out)

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions should be up for the Monday night game and Thanksgiving game. Both home and so I would expect no let down. Thats the key as Detroit usually has a letdown game after a big win. The Steelers is winnable but they are AFC so they don't have the same meaning as playing a team from the NFC Least.

As for Seattle and San Fran. Not impressed! Seattle should have been beaten by Tampa and St Louis. San Fran has been getting ran as well. Not they can't turn it around but going into the home stretch is not a time to be looking for answers.

Rating the NFC I have it:

1. New orleans
2. Seattle, but on a downward trend
3. Carolina
4. Detroit
5. San Fran, again on a downward trend
6. Green Bay with AR at QB
7. Eagles Only because someone from the East has to represent.
8. Chicago Bears

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am just being a realist right?
Does that make you evil? Negative? A hater? No, since it is the reality of the situation it makes you a realist. But not anything less of a fan than you were before you typed it.

But the perception on this board for having made such an atrocity of a statement is that you are somehow less of a fan.

Welcome to the club of negative, hater fans. Membership is easy into this club. "No kool-aid for you" - as quoted by the Seinfeld soup nazi

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But predicting doom (and not just you) doesnt make anyone a "realist".

At what point does Dr. Evil-er EVER "predict doom"? All he said was that any team can beat the Lions in any given week, whether or not the Lions "should" win. So he cautions against counting "should wins" as "wins". I don't see what part of that should anger any Lions fan.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that make you evil? Negative? A hater? No, since it is the reality of the situation it makes you a realist. But not anything less of a fan than you were before you typed it.

But the perception on this board for having made such an atrocity of a statement is that you are somehow less of a fan.

Welcome to the club of negative, hater fans. Membership is easy into this club. "No kool-aid for you" - as quoted by the Seinfeld soup nazi

That was mostly a joke.....

In further news that makes the Lions even more likely to make the playoffs, Tillman is done for the year.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point does Dr. Evil-er EVER "predict doom"? All he said was that any team can beat the Lions in any given week, whether or not the Lions "should" win. So he cautions against counting "should wins" as "wins". I don't see what part of that should anger any Lions fan.

Perfectly stated. Best post on the whole thread.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Jim Schwartz said: "You don't get any prizes for first place nine games into the season." Guess that makes him a negative, glass-half-empty, Lions hater, too.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Jim Schwartz said: "You don't get any prizes for first place nine games into the season." Guess that makes him a negative, glass-half-empty, Lions hater, too.

Your point? Nothing wrong with people excited and acknowledging that this is a playoff team.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point? Nothing wrong with people excited and acknowledging that this is a playoff team.

They are not a playoff team. The playoffs havent started and not one team has clinched a playoff birth. That statement is exactly my point and what Howie said so perfectly about "should win" and "wins".

There is nothing wrong with being excited about being 6-3 but the FACT is that its way too premature to start celebrating the playoffs and division championship because this team hasnt locked up either one of them.

and acknowledging that this is a playoff team.

That is all kool-aid. Say that again when the NFL says they are a playoff team and it'll be correct. I'm not going to get ahead of myself and the remaining seven games until the facts are a reality. And that will be when we've won enough games to mathmatically have locked down a division championship or a wildcard. Right now 6-3 has done neither.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not a playoff team. The playoffs havent started and not one team has clinched a playoff birth. That statement is exactly my point and what Howie said so perfectly about "should win" and "wins".

There is nothing wrong with being excited about being 6-3 but the FACT is that its way too premature to start celebrating the playoffs and division championship because this team hasnt locked up either one of them.

That is all kool-aid. Say that again when the NFL says they are a playoff team and it'll be correct. I'm not going to get ahead of myself and the remaining seven games until the facts are a reality. And that will be when we've won enough games to mathmatically have locked down a division championship or a wildcard. Right now 6-3 has done neither.

It is correct now. We are a playoff team. We will win 10 games this year and the Bears and Packers wont. Neither will Minny for the record. The fact that we will have more wins than the rest of the NFC North equates to a playoff team.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is correct now. We are a playoff team. We will win 10 games this year and the Bears and Packers wont. Neither will Minny for the record. The fact that we will have more wins than the rest of the NFC North equates to a playoff team.

And with that I rest my case.

This will happen, that will happen, and this will be the result. The only thing we need to know now is how much kool aid will be required for the tailgate.

Do you have the future winner lottery numbers too?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, that just makes him no different than 31 other NFL coaches if they were in the same spot and asked the same question. As fans we can afford to have fun with it and talk em up. He doesn't have that luxury. The only thing assured is a 6-10 season. Any team can beat any other on any given Sunday. But what's the point in expressing that ? ... sort if "Mr Obvious-ville" imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the perception on this board for having made such an atrocity of a statement
is that you are somehow less of a fan.
And on the flip side, when anyone mentions something positive, it is seen as "drinking the Kool-Aid". Both are absolutely ridiculous.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Kool Aid drinking realist.....That confuses me because that would make me positive and negative. I think, I'm not sure.

I'm getting lost in this thread.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is correct now. We are a playoff team. We will win 10 games this year
and the Bears and Packers wont.
Now I was with you until this right here. We aren't a playoff team. We're a playoff contending team. What if Stafford and CJ get hurt next week? That's a HUGE chunk of our offense. We lose them, and I'd tend to side with a buh-bye to the playoffs. But it wouldn't be a given. My point is that nothing is settled. Even healthy, this team has been inconsistent at times. That inconsistency could rear it's ugly head at the most inopportune times.