• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6-3

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I was with you until this right here. We aren't a playoff team. We're a playoff contending team. What if Stafford and CJ get hurt next week? That's a HUGE chunk of our offense. We lose them, and I'd tend to side with a buh-bye to the playoffs. But it wouldn't be a given. My point is that nothing is settled. Even healthy, this team has been inconsistent at times. That inconsistency could rear it's ugly head at the most inopportune times.

I agree with micro which doesn't happen often...GB and their fans thought they were a Playoff team too until a few weeks ago when Rodgers went down.

Now the GB fans are probably on their board talking about next week is a must win week game where I think we had that debate here on this board two weeks ago. Kind of a cyclical conversation if you ask me.:laugh3:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing wrong with being excited about being 6-3 but the FACT is
that its way too premature to start celebrating the playoffs and division
championship because this team hasnt locked up either one of them.

Other than Kreton, which I'm assuming is the only one you're addressing, nobody is guaranteeing playoffs or a division title. And I haven't seen anyone other than him "celebrating" it. But in the begining of this thread you said this:

WAAAAAYYYY to early to start looking at the schedule and who we should beat
and talking division title.
With this, I completely disagree. We sure as shit can start looking at the schedule and see who we have better chances at beating. We aren't on the team. We don't have to focus on our opponents b/c we're not out there playing. We have the luxury of looking ahead. And our 3-1 division record also gives us the luxury of conversing about the possiblity of a motherfuckin division title. Finally! I have never stated it's a given, but we're in that damned driver's seat and control our destiny.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Kreton, whichbch I'm assuming is the only one you're addressing, nobody is guaranteeing playoffs or a division title. And I haven't seen anyone other than him "celebrating" it. But in the begining of this thread you said this:

With this, I completely disagree. We sure as shit can start looking at the schedule and see who we have better chances at beating. We aren't on the team. We don't have to focus on our opponents b/c we're not out there playing. We have the luxury of looking ahead. And our 3-1 division record also gives us the luxury of conversing about the possiblity of a motherfuckin division title. Finally! I have never stated it's a given, but we're in that damned driver's seat and control our destiny.

For the record yes I am still celebrating. And having a blast doing it :)

But you are right. Cj or Stafford go down I'll be singing a much different than tune. So I should rephrase that to barring iinjuries we are a playoff team.

Also Iam not just eexcited because we beat the Bears and are 6-3 or because we are in first. Granted they help but I've been excited and calling the lions a playoff team all year and will continue to do so unless they are mathematically eliminatd from contention.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count your chickens.

Once all the pundits start locking us in (like I have heard them do now) I get nervous. Maybe that is just the Lions fan in me. I'll celebrate this win and hope for another one this week.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of chickens we tallinbough here? Bantams? Rhode Island Reds? Delewares? Leghorns? Wyandottes?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I count chickens before they hatch. I count eggs before they are laid. I dont even own chickens and I am counting them.

I may be drunk on Kool Aid but like most drunks I am loving the buzz.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't decide whether to go with ribs or brisket for my playoff tailgate. So much to do.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The egg came before the chicken.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know. To put that old argument to rest.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, dinosaurs were laying eggs long before there were ever any chickens.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for the real question.

What came first? The dinosaur or the egg?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it does. Did. Will again. Once I get this fuckin flux capacitor fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: