• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 6.12.15 Chi Chi Gonzalez gives up a run

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox suck. They'd be sellers at the deadline if they had anything another team wanted to buy.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best team in baseball taking on the AL All Stars.

Id go to the game but the ticket price is driven up and the humidity is awful right now so its AC and BBQ for this guy

That's a pretty solid alternate. I'd take it too.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best team in baseball taking on the AL All Stars.

Id go to the game but the ticket price is driven up and the humidity is awful right now so its AC and BBQ for this guy

Man, I sure hope the Alien Zombies don't choose to invade Missouri first, or we'll all be goners...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I sure hope the Alien Zombies don't choose to invade Missouri first, or we'll all be goners...
Nah, they'd all be dead. Half of us would hide down in the ozarks with rifles. And maybe meth.

The other half would be saying that the police are profiling the aliens.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, they'd all be dead. Half of us would hide down in the ozarks with rifles. And maybe meth.

The other half would be saying that the police are profiling the aliens.

But what if it's too humid to shoot Zombie Aliens on the day they land?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox suck. They'd be sellers at the deadline if they had anything another team wanted to buy.

Enough already about the Dead Sox. Fewer and fewer people even care about this team any longer. It is a poorly conceived, constructed, coached and managed group. The entire organization has grown too fat and complacent - largely because of the image created by the owners and the long departed charlatan GM, Theo "Guitar Boy" Epstein. The fans need to stop paying for grossly overpriced tickets, beers and souvenir trinkets. They need to tune out NESN and move on to more rewarding activities. Only then will the owners realize that their charade is ending and (a) get some real baseball people to run things or (b) sell the team to someone who will.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rock Strongo what is this about Wade Miley going at it with Farrell?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough already about the Dead Sox. Fewer and fewer people even care about this team any longer. It is a poorly conceived, constructed, coached and managed group. The entire organization has grown too fat and complacent - largely because of the image created by the owners and the long departed charlatan GM, Theo "Guitar Boy" Epstein. The fans need to stop paying for grossly overpriced tickets, beers and souvenir trinkets. They need to tune out NESN and move on to more rewarding activities. Only then will the owners realize that their charade is ending and (a) get some real baseball people to run things or (b) sell the team to someone who will.

This advice might be a little more meaningful if it came from anyone but a Phillies fan. Although I guess you guys ought know about poorly conceived, constructed, coached.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This advice might be a little more meaningful if it came from anyone but a Phillies fan. Although I guess you guys ought know about poorly conceived, constructed, coached.

Now, now, let's hear the handsome man out before we judge

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rock Strongo what is this about Wade Miley going at it with Farrell?

Wade Miley is a turd, pitches just awful and then blames his manager when he gets taken out. Had Farrell left this turd in the game and he gave up 5 more runs then he'd be blaming Farrell for leaving him in too long. I don't care if you only threw 19 pitches, you give up 5 ER and 3 HR in 4 innings, it's time to go. Get over your egotistical self.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We wrote the book and even we are laughing at your team right now. How does it feel?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wrote the book and even we are laughing at your team right now. How does it feel?

Many of the so-called experts expected the Sox to at least contend and even make the playoffs. Hard to predict which players are going to get their fat contracts and quit (Panda) or just decide to retire and not tell anyone (ortiz). In any event you shouldn't be laughing. . . you just lost one potential suitor for Hamels.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the so-called experts expected the Sox to at least contend and even make the playoffs. Hard to predict which players are going to get their fat contracts and quit (Panda) or just decide to retire and not tell anyone (ortiz). In any event you shouldn't be laughing. . . you just lost one potential suitor for Hamels.

Keeping the asking price on Hamels way too high and paying out his deal would be a worst case scenario for the Phillies so that also makes it the most likely scenario.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any event you shouldn't be laughing. . . you just lost one potential suitor for Hamels.

Nah, Slinky posted his no-trade list earlier, and the Saux are on there for 2015.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tomahawk chop silliness is one of the dumbest & lamest things done by any fan base.

i concur but as edisto said it came along after i was already a fan....but im sure i was biased against it from the get go. maybe they can convert it to from chop to chomp....

Yes, I also am looking forward to pummeling BIG EMPTY SPOT thoroughly this weekend.

@tabascojet and I have an on-going wager over the outcome of each series between the Magnificent, Amazin', Awe-Inspiring New York Metropolitan Baseball Club and BIG EMPTY SPOT. I'm currently up 4 pints to 2.

you like this right???
1349585145-milwaukees_best_ice_30pk_cans_web.jpg

I'm not liking this post because he died, but because he lived...

lived just like they do out in flushing.....
b574f0ad96goldust.jpg

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Slinky posted his no-trade list earlier, and the Saux are on there for 2015.

That's the point. Sox are not in any condition to be buyers. Cole can have a good time being the #3 on the Dodgers.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preach brother! I went to my first MLB game in 0ver 20 years last Sunday and everything is "grossly overpriced." $10 for a 24 oz beer, $8.50 for a hotdog, $8.50 for popcorn, $30 for a hat, $100-250 for a jersey, $30 for a T-shirt? Talk about sticker shock.