• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 6.12.15 Chi Chi Gonzalez gives up a run

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tomahawk chop silliness is one of the dumbest & lamest things done by any fan base.
th

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lends itself better to college football than MLB, in my opinion. Sausage races at Brewers games are about the only MLB systematic celebration that's not ghey.
Pretty sure that it came over from there (CFB) when Deon was playing for the Braves. I believe the story is that they played the chop whenever Deon would come to bat and then if he got on base they started playing for the next batter and the next and so on, and it took off from there. I don't think it was introduced to the Braves until '91 or somewhere around that time, so it's a fairly new thing.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that it came over from there (CFB) when Deon was playing for the Braves. I believe the story is that they played the chop whenever Deon would come to bat and then if he got on base they started playing for the next batter and the next and so on, and it took off from there. I don't think it was introduced to the Braves until '91 or somewhere around that time, so it's a fairly new thing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the tomahawk chop originated at FSU football. Seems to me that college football is better suited to that sort of thing than is pro baseball. Then again, I don't really object to what fans do at games, so long as they aren't violent and or too obnoxious.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like the Phillies to trade Cole Hamels to a team that scores a lot of runs.

Not sure if they will or not.

On one hand, they've got him signed to a relatively team-friendly for another four seasons, so they could build around him.

On the other hand, he and Papelbon are about the only two pieces they have that have any value whatsoever.

He's got a somewhat interesting no-trade clause:

limited no-trade protection (may block trades to 20 clubs each season) (for 2014 season, may block deals to all clubs except Atlanta, Boston, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, NY Yankees, San Diego, St. Louis, Texas and Washington) (no-trade list for 2015 season includes Boston but not Chicago Cubs)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best team in baseball taking on the AL All Stars.

Id go to the game but the ticket price is driven up and the humidity is awful right now so its AC and BBQ for this guy