• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 Undervalued RBs (According to Yahoo)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever wins the Dallas RB job. He will be the most undervalued. Right now it sounds like Randall will win the job. He will be running behind a massive line that is good at opening holes. No one is going to be looking at Dallas RB's this season.

No worries that the mastermind of that line is gone? (Bill Callahan - good rushing Olines follow him around the league). I understand they're all talented in their own right, but they've got to work as a unit.

And on Randle, is he really going to be a 300 carry guy? Doesn't really have the body for it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak. What did CJ do last year that made you believe he can't be a top 5 back?
Its nothing CJ did or didn't do. It's the decline of Manning, the not so good, not so healthy line which must function perfectly for a zone blocking scheme like Kubiak's to function, it's the open competition for the job, it's the presence of a high draft pick at RB who only lost the job due to injuries last season. That and CJ is not an exceedingly special talent, he's good at almost everything, not great at anything. .which means he's replaceable.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between losing carries to Ridley and possibly Stacy (although who knows if he will stay on the roster).

his saving point might be getting TD's though

When is Ridley going to be healthy? A month ago I was thinking Ridley would be a guy with high upside, but now I'm just sort of looking at him as a midseason option. But by that point Ivory could have locked up the starting role for good with Ridley just being sprinkled in. Ivory was solid last year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley, Stacy, Powell for starters. Geno Smith is another. And then there's always the amount of time Ivory spends on the trainers table

I always liked Powell, but isn't it time to stop thinking he will do anything? Ivory is the starter. He's probably more of a starter than half of the teams in the league currently have.

Ivory's played in 31 games the last two years. His injury problems seem to have been left behind in New Orleans.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nothing CJ did or didn't do. It's the decline of Manning, the not so good, not so healthy line which must function perfectly for a zone blocking scheme like Kubiak's to function, it's the open competition for the job, it's the presence of a high draft pick at RB who only lost the job due to injuries last season. That and CJ is not an exceedingly special talent, he's good at almost everything, not great at anything. .which means he's replaceable.

Manning decline seems pretty overstated at this point. He killed it the first half of the season. Why not again?

Kubiak always has good Oline's, no?

Ball lost his job because he sucked and was also injured. CJ proved he could handle the load and do it well. I like Juwan Thompson and had him on all my teams last year, but CJ beat them all out, why not again?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Ridley going to be healthy? A month ago I was thinking Ridley would be a guy with high upside, but now I'm just sort of looking at him as a midseason option. But by that point Ivory could have locked up the starting role for good with Ridley just being sprinkled in. Ivory was solid last year.

Always been a fan of Ivory. Unfortunately he is DMC 2.0. Can't stay on the field. Also, I'm not so sure I like him in Gailey's offense. Powell might be the biggest benefactor here. Not that I would draft him over Ivory, but it's certainly the reason I pass on Ivory in the 5th / 6th.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Powell, but isn't it time to stop thinking he will do anything? Ivory is the starter. He's probably more of a starter than half of the teams in the league currently have.

Ivory's played in 31 games the last two years. His injury problems seem to have been left behind in New Orleans.

But he was still banged up in quite a few of those 31 games. If he can stay healthy (like run hard healthy), I don't think his teammates could tie his cleats.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on Powell..apparently... the Jets do not. He's still in the team, still being paid. .he's still going to touch the ball. And Ivory is still knicked up enough to effect his production, even if he's on the field. ..which also brings in the other guys

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning decline seems pretty overstated at this point. He killed it the first half of the season. Why not again?

Kubiak always has good Oline's, no?

Ball lost his job because he sucked and was also injured. CJ proved he could handle the load and do it well. I like Juwan Thompson and had him on all my teams last year, but CJ beat them all out, why not again?
Ball sucked yes. .for two reasons, must importantly the appendectomy that left him out of shape and weak coming in. 2, the Donkeys ran a completely different offense in the first four games of 2014, than they did in 2013 when he and Moreno did just fine. They featured a two tight set, which brought everything into the middle of the field, and that pass blocking oline they had want good enough to blow holes through it. After the loss to the Seahawks, they abandoned that base set, went back to three wide, and wouldn't you know it, Ball gets hurt before getting a chance in it. He comes back late, (which was way too early we learned after the fact) reinjures the same injury after getting what, 2-3 touches?
Can't deny he sucked, but there were reasons why, not just that he flat out doesn't have the talent. Those reasons arent there any longer, and they're giving him a chance to win the job back.

And sure Kubs usually does have good olines, but does he also lose his starting left takle, shuffle three other guys to cover that loss, bring in questionable free agents to fill in around them, all while implementing an entirely different system than what they've been used to? Big question marks to me.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm... how many RBs went in front of him?
1st round:
Charles
Peterson
Lacy
Lynch
Forte
Bell

2nd round:
Murray (ME)
Hill
Foster
Anderson
McCoy

3rd round:
Forsett
Gordon
Gore

4th round:
Ingram (ME)
Gurley
Morris

5th round:
Hyde
Latavius Murray

6th round:
Ellington
Yeldon

8th round:
Miller (ME)

9th round:
Randle (ME)

10th round:
Stewart
Blount
Spiller
Abdullah
Coleman
Jennings
Bell
Bernard

12 round:
Crowell

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always been a fan of Ivory. Unfortunately he is DMC 2.0. Can't stay on the field. Also, I'm not so sure I like him in Gailey's offense. Powell might be the biggest benefactor here. Not that I would draft him over Ivory, but it's certainly the reason I pass on Ivory in the 5th / 6th.

Give me some more on that... Nothing intrigues me more than new coaches. Gailey, to me at least, should mean an uptick for the RBs. But why not Ivory?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gailey is a big shotgun guy. Lots of swing passes and screens. Ivory is a north/south type. Gailey is also not a big red zone runner. And with big targets like Marshall, Decker and Amaro, his TD could be few and far between.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember cursing Gailey for not running more often with Spiller/Jackson. Drove me crazy. ...and that was with Fitzcrapstick and Stevie Johnson.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone late in every mock I've run. I'm not expecting him to be taken in the first 6 rounds of a snake draft or command a very high price in an auction draft.

What is his average draft round in your mocks?
Not on NFL.com.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st round:
Charles
Peterson
Lacy
Lynch
Forte
Bell

2nd round:
Murray (ME)
Hill
Foster
Anderson
McCoy

3rd round:
Forsett
Gordon
Gore

4th round:
Ingram (ME)
Gurley
Morris

5th round:
Hyde
Latavius Murray

6th round:
Ellington
Yeldon

8th round:
Miller (ME)

9th round:
Randle (ME)

10th round:
Stewart
Blount
Spiller
Abdullah
Coleman
Jennings
Bell
Bernard

12 round:
Crowell

That's nuts! I thought I was down on Miller...but he wouldn't get by thr 5th for me. I would put Randle and Lat at the top of the 4th round guys there.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember cursing Gailey for not running more often with Spiller/Jackson. Drove me crazy. ...and that was with Fitzcrapstick and Stevie Johnson.
That was the problem, the qb situation. Its hard for them to run more when the team is always punting. Speaking of Spiller, dare overlook him this year he's not playing with FJac and EJ now. And he WILL get scores.