• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 Undervalued RBs (According to Yahoo)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year I am thinking of taking an RB in the first, then banking on the Dallas backfield. Some back is going to emerge as fantasy elite there. I always overdo RB and WR. I want to get Gronk and Roethlisberger this year as well, which I think is very reasonable.

Fudge, you should know that in most ADP results, Gronk has slipped to the early 2nd round. So you realistically may be able to draft a RB in the 1st, then Gronk in the 2nd - but ONLY if you're draft pick is in the lower half of the 1st round.

Also, I have my doubts about Big Ben. I know this puts me in the minority since many have him in the top of the QB rankings. To me, in his 11 years, even if you take his best 6 years (about half), his passing average is 4072. Which is nearly 900 yards below last season. And if you take away last year, his 5-best passing years average 3896. I think his 4952 passing yards last season was a fluke. But that's just me. One time in 11 seasons....? Call me skeptical.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudge, you should know that in most ADP results, Gronk has slipped to the early 2nd round. So you realistically may be able to draft a RB in the 1st, then Gronk in the 2nd - but ONLY if you're draft pick is in the lower half of the 1st round.

Also, I have my doubts about Big Ben. I know this puts me in the minority since many have him in the top of the QB rankings. To me, in his 11 years, even if you take his best 6 years (about half), his passing average is 4072. Which is nearly 900 yards below last season. And if you take away last year, his 5-best passing years average 3896. I think his 4952 passing yards last season was a fluke. But that's just me. One time in 11 seasons....? Call me skeptical.
Yeah, that's my plan. I'll probably find another wild card QB to take as well.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well..most of those seasons the Steelers were a run first, strong defense team. Bettis, Parker, Mendenhall. they may still have have a have a good RB, but they don't have the strong D, thus a change in offensive philosophy, his previous years are more or less irrelevant, different circumstances yield different results.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they go with the committee. .which they've stated is the current plan. ..
In all fairness, it's not quite a committee. Randle getting 15 carries a game and Dunbar handling the 3rd down role with Mickey D or Jackson or whomever as backup.

Pretty standard job assignments for a lot of teams.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, it's not quite a committee. Randle getting 15 carries a game and Dunbar handling the 3rd down role with Mickey D or Jackson or whomever as backup.

Pretty standard job assignments for a lot of teams.

True, that is what alot of teams are using. .and, what they outlined is a committee;

"The Cowboys continue to insist they will use a committee in the backfield.
Beat writer Todd Archer recently suggested Joe Randle could handle 15 carries a game, Darren McFadden ten, and Lance Dunbar five. "Slim. Probably slim. Slim," RBs coach Gary Brown replied when asked if a DeMarco Murray-type feature back will emerge. "We’re going to try to spread that out and keep guys fresh." Owner Jerry Jones suggested the Cowboys will be able to almost manufacture Murray by using Randle and McFadden together: "To some degree, that’s the kind of back — if you add those two together — that we had in Murray."

That's a committee, one that barely has a leader. Even if Randle wins the "starter" job, 15 or so touches a game isn't going to equal fantasy gold, he could be running behind the 1990's Cowboys line and he's not going be anything more than a borderline RB2...assuming this is the plan they stick with.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, that is what alot of teams are using. .and, what they outlined is a committee;

"The Cowboys continue to insist they will use a committee in the backfield.
Beat writer Todd Archer recently suggested Joe Randle could handle 15 carries a game, Darren McFadden ten, and Lance Dunbar five. "Slim. Probably slim. Slim," RBs coach Gary Brown replied when asked if a DeMarco Murray-type feature back will emerge. "We’re going to try to spread that out and keep guys fresh." Owner Jerry Jones suggested the Cowboys will be able to almost manufacture Murray by using Randle and McFadden together: "To some degree, that’s the kind of back — if you add those two together — that we had in Murray."

That's a committee, one that barely has a leader. Even if Randle wins the "starter" job, 15 or so touches a game isn't going to equal fantasy gold, he could be running behind the 1990's Cowboys line and he's not going be anything more than a borderline RB2...assuming this is the plan they stick with.

I disagree with you on that, I think he's a solid RB2 with upside, even in that scenario. And we all know that McFadden won't be too much of a factor. I'm beginning to lean more towards Johnson or Jackson being taken on for backup. When all is said and done, the starting job is Randle's to lose, imo.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you on that, I think he's a solid RB2 with upside, even in that scenario. And we all know that McFadden won't be too much of a factor. I'm beginning to lean more towards Johnson or Jackson being taken on for backup. When all is said and done, the starting job is Randle's to lose, imo.
Fair enough, but bear in mind, Murray never had less than 19 carries, and when he had less than 20, he's was much less effective. .save that one game where he busted am 80 yarder. I can't see 15-17 touches per game generating a consistent fantasy producer...and if they do being in a more proven backup to replace DMC, like Johnson or jackson, I think it'd get even worse

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but bear in mind, Murray never had less than 19 carries, and when he had less than 20, he's was much less effective. .save that one game where he busted am 80 yarder. I can't see 15-17 touches per game generating a consistent fantasy producer.
But Murray was leaving meat on the bone! Randle only needs 15 carries a week for a 2000-yard season!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is very underrated right now, I got him in the 9th round of a 10 man draft last night.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is very underrated right now, I got him in the 9th round of a 10 man draft last night.
Hm... how many RBs went in front of him?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but bear in mind, Murray never had less than 19 carries, and when he had less than 20, he's was much less effective. .save that one game where he busted am 80 yarder. I can't see 15-17 touches per game generating a consistent fantasy producer...and if they do being in a more proven backup to replace DMC, like Johnson or jackson, I think it'd get even worse

Yeah, those are good logical points. And I really, really wish he'd shut his mouth. Seriously, just shut up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These damn articles always give away too many of my guys that are good value.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Anderson undervalued?!?!?

That's hilarious! Most overvalued RB who will be drafted this year

Kubiak. What did CJ do last year that made you believe he can't be a top 5 back?