• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 semi-sensible reasons the Falcons can knock off the Packers

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this article online with views from the other side. Not sure how many of these 5 reasons are valid but these are some of the thoughts out there. I guess they have won 3 out of 4 down there and things are turned around.

5 semi-sensible reasons the Falcons can knock off the Packers | Atlanta

5. The passing game’s emergence

The Falcons changed the Cardinals’ “No Fly Zone” into an airplane hangar. Matt Ryan diced the usually dependable Arizona pass defense for 361 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Along with Ryan’s stellar play was Julio Jones, who made All-Pro corner Patrick Peterson look like a chump.

Harry Douglas’ return opened up the passing game and the Falcons’ slot efficiency in a beautiful way. The Packers rank 11th in passing yards allowed so for the Falcons to have any chance, look for them to take some shots downfield

4. A Packer letdown

Green Bay has ripped off 4 wins in a row with two blowouts (CHI, PHI) and two nail-biters (MINN, NE). They have room for one more loss before pulling their britches up for their annual playoff run.

Atlanta can’t afford as much wiggle room as every loss pushes them closer off the edge of an extremely flukey season in the porous NFC South. Coming off a great win over the Patriots, the Packers could trip over the Falcons if they have their noses too high up in the air.

3. Monday Night Football is usually one way or the other

Only 2 of the last 5 MNF games have come down to less than 7 points. MNF has left a lot to be desired for fans this year.

While I don’t see the Falcons running away with this one, a plodding and penalty-laden game would be in Atlanta’s favor. Keep the big plays away from Jordy Nelson and the Pack receiving core. Keep Lacy out of the game early and most important, get in Rodger’s head, make him see red and black all day.

2. Steven Jackson is turning back to his Dodge Ram days

The bulldozer had a great game against the Cardinals, cresting the 100-yard mark, including a 55-yarder that brought back flashbacks of No.39 in Blue and Gold. Looking good, SJ!

The Packers supposed defensive weakness is the run game, so look for Steven to get a bucketload of carries, if anything, just to keep them honest.

1. The heat is turning up in Hotlanta

Win or lose, the true character of this team will be on display during the last four weeks of the season. Mike Smith will either grab the reins of the team or his tanning lotion. Matt Ryan will be an average quarterback with high-caliber weapons or a playoff-bound signal caller. Steven Jackson will churn out the last good yards his legs can muster or he’ll find himself in free agency. The defense will hunker down or be completely overhauled.

Everything is make-or-break with this team.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is desperate, those teams can be dangerous. I think GB will keep its focus though. They might start a bit slow and have to absorb an early charge by the Falcons, but unless GB totally implodes with turnovers and penalties, I don't see this one getting away from them. Atlanta could make it interesting, but unless GB helps them out considerably, I don't see them winning. I think our secondary is more than able to cover their receivers and unless the offense falls off the track, atlanta's defense isn't stopping them.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for some lapses at end of game vs Lions and Browns, Atlanta could be on 5 game win streak. They had a lot of injuries on the OL... wonder if that is still the case.

I do like that they are a Dome team coming up in December (again). Atlanta also has 32 ranked pass defense and measly 14 sacks on the season.

I do not see Packers having issue with focus, listened to Rodgers radio show this week... he said this team is a very focused team... everyone is on time for meetings and the team unity is very good.

Personally I hate Monday Night games... get over at 2am here more or less.