• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 days of Christmas

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a small part of me that still thinks he didn’t get a completely fair shake here, I’m not talking about his stupidity with the COVID stuff last year, that’s on him. I’m in the camp that it’s probably best to move on, but I think under different circumstances and coaching, he could’ve been better.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a small part of me that still thinks he didn’t get a completely fair shake here, I’m not talking about his stupidity with the COVID stuff last year, that’s on him. I’m in the camp that it’s probably best to move on, but I think under different circumstances and coaching, he could’ve been better.
Fair points i agree with you on this. I do think he needed the Shanny system to excel. Time will tell if his issues are between his ears or was drafted by wrong team and coaches.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Sean Payton or Andy Reid, I think Lock would have a shot at developing into a top 10 QB .. It's a shame because Lock seemed to be on Elway's radar for so long before even being drafted ..... Dealing with a Fangio lead team being tossed around from Scangarello, then not even having a camp last season with a new ( underwhelming ) staff, and two rookie WRs who were both Top 5 in drops ...Things just seemed stacked against Lock from the get go ..

When you see flashes, arm strength, chutzpah - all that can be harnessed with the right staff ... and how can anyone say that the Broncos have had the right offensive staff, at any time over the past 5 or 6 years ?? ..

I just don't see how Lock can be cast off when the staffs that are supposed to bring him along have been lousy ... We'd probably be discussing this same scenario had we drafted Josh Allen - talking about his trade value ..

Sutton and Fant looked like budding superstars with Lock out there .. and now they just look defeated

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Sean Payton or Andy Reid, I think Lock would have a shot at developing into a top 10 QB .. It's a shame because Lock seemed to be on Elway's radar for so long before even being drafted ..... Dealing with a Fangio lead team being tossed around from Scangarello, then not even having a camp last season with a new ( underwhelming ) staff, and two rookie WRs who were both Top 5 in drops ...Things just seemed stacked against Lock from the get go ..

When you see flashes, arm strength, chutzpah - all that can be harnessed with the right staff ... and how can anyone say that the Broncos have had the right offensive staff, at any time over the past 5 or 6 years ?? ..

I just don't see how Lock can be cast off when the staffs that are supposed to bring him along have been lousy ... We'd probably be discussing this same scenario had we drafted Josh Allen - talking about his trade value ..

Sutton and Fant looked like budding superstars with Lock out there .. and now they just look defeated

The main thing you overlooked though, was the Broncos, because of their defense have been in win now mode for the past several years. It’s not fair to ask an Elite Defense to sit tight while we wait and see if this new guys works out. Yes you can blame Elway or whoever for hindering Lock’s development by having the wrong coaches but it doesn’t change how things are.

Teddy was brought in because he’s the safe and boring option who won’t turn the ball over 20+ times a year, but he still gives us a better chance to win than Lock who could potentially be the next Blake Bortles where he slings the ball all over the field but makes too many mistakes to keep his team competitive.

Could Lock be the next great QB once he gets more time and develop? Sure. but he could also be the next Josh Rosen or Dwayne Haskins where their teams could tell they weren’t a fit and so they try find someone better.

Last edited:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing you overlooked though, was the Broncos, because of their defense have been in win now mode for the past several years. It’s not fair to ask an Elite Defense to sit tight while we wait and see if this new guys works out. Yes you can blame Elway or whoever for hindering Lock’s development by having the wrong coaches but it doesn’t change how things are.

Teddy was brought in because he’s the safe and boring option who won’t turn the ball over 20+ times a year, but he still gives us a better chance to win than Lock who could potentially be the next Blake Bortles where he slings the ball all over the field but makes too many mistakes to keep his team competitive.

Could Lock be the next great QB once he gets more time and develop? Sure. but he could also be the next Josh Rosen or Dwayne Haskins where their teams could tell they weren’t a fit and so they try find someone better.
I don't disagree with what you are saying .. Except the comparisons to Haskins and Rosen ..

I do understand that you weren't necessarily comparing the skills and traits Haskins and Rosen bring vs what Lock brings ... I think you meant that the fit wasn;t quite right ... However, in Haskins' case, he was just unfocused and handled his NFL career about as poorly as any high round pick in recent memory .... Lock has said all the right things from day one, and has seemingly remained positive and upbeat ..

Haskins' is his own worst enemy

Physically, Rosen was just never cut out for the NFL ...

I don't see Haskins or Rosen finding a team or system that makes them successful ... Both have career-killing traits that I don't think can be fixed by any coach or system ..

Lock is different in that he has all the physical skills an elite QB needs ... He seems as if he's endeared himself to teammates, and he's got a positive vibe that lends itself to winning ..

Lock may not make it in Denver, but the difference between him and some of the other underachiever / underperforming QBs is that Lock has everything it takes to be great - big arm, good attitude, he seems bright and articulate and wants to win and be a great QB ...

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number one killer of QB’s in this league is when a team wants them baptized by fire, but aren’t willing to walk through the hot coals with them.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number one killer of QB’s in this league is when a team wants them baptized by fire, but aren’t willing to walk through the hot coals with them.
John Elway:

1983: 11 games - 7 TDs - 14 INTs - QBR 54.9
1984: 15 games - 18 TDs - 15 INTs - QBR 76.8
1985: 16 games - 22 TDs - 23 INTs - QBR 70.2

"what's his trade value ?"

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is different in that he has all the physical skills an elite QB needs ... He seems as if he's endeared himself to teammates, and he's got a positive vibe that lends itself to winning ..

Lock may not make it in Denver, but the difference between him and some of the other underachiever / underperforming QBs is that Lock has everything it takes to be great - big arm, good attitude, he seems bright and articulate and wants to win and be a great QB ...
I’m not sure where you‘ve seen he’s endeared himself to his teammates. In preseason it was reported pretty widely that the players were behind Teddy. And then there was the fiasco last year when the QB room took off their monitoring devices, got caught, and cost the team any chance to win the the game vs the Saints. That says nothing of Fangio who clearly doesn’t like Lock. I haven’t seen him as all that mature. The best thing I heard from him was when Teddy was named the starter and Lock said all the right things that he was going to learn and be prepared.

Just to clarify, I was clearly in the “start Lock” bandwagon and wanted to see what he had and let hm learn from his past mistakes. But I understand a coach who is coaching to keep his job wanting the guy who made less mistakes. I’m just saying I haven’t seen the level of learning from his pretty consistent turnovers that I had hoped to see. I’m a Broncos fan, so I want him to do well.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys ever want to use that saying above, please quote me. Thank you