• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/13 Chops @ Best Record in MLB

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sour milk.

35002-boy-drinking-sour-milk-illustration.jpeg

Giants 19-4 when scoring first

6-11 when not scoring first

What's their record when they don't score at all?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in: Giants win percentage .000 when not scoring.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Vogey pitched well . Just got out pitched by the Braves Minor . Can't win any games when you don't score any runs. Rubber match Wednesday with Bumgarner on the mound. Just chalk this one up to one of those games the Giants were not supposed to win. A tip of the cap to Minor. All you can do is strap it on Wednesday and be hungry for the win. A well played series by both teams so far . Atlanta is better than I thought after losing some of their pitching. I hear tomorrow might be the most beautiful day of the year out at the yard. Gonna be a sun screen and Beer me day.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Vogey pitched well . Just got out pitched by the Braves Minor . Can't win any games when you don't score any runs. Rubber match Wednesday with Bumgarner on the mound. Just chalk this one up to one of those games the Giants were not supposed to win. A tip of the cap to Minor. All you can do is strap it on Wednesday and be hungry for the win. A well played series by both teams so far . Atlanta is better than I thought after losing some of their pitching. I hear tomorrow might be the most beautiful day of the year out at the yard. Gonna be a sun screen and Beer me day.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher:

Tron's sixth -- single, fly out, single, walk, ground out, single, single, ground out...bed shitting

:noidea::noidea:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tron's sixth -- single, fly out, single, walk, ground out, single, single, ground out...bed shitting

Hard to know if he truly bed-shat or if the BABIP gods just worked against him. Not like they crushed the ball, or he walked himself out of the game.

I know he's a well-paid veteran and all, but it HAS to help as a pitcher when your team scores some runs. Last night we didn't, obviously. Just sayin'.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was some co-shattery happening in that inning.

It might have been a very different inning if Posey had merely tagged out the runner at home. That would have been two outs and a runner at 2nd, and still only a 1-0 game. One can wonder what that gaffe did to both Posey and to Tron.

Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda.

Beat 'em today.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some co-shattery happening in that inning.

It might have been a very different inning if Posey had merely tagged out the runner at home. That would have been two outs and a runner at 2nd, and still only a 1-0 game. One can wonder what that gaffe did to both Posey and to Tron.

Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda.

Beat 'em today.

First I saw the play at home. It looked clear to me that Posey grazed Heyward at the "A" in HEYWARD. No doubt in my mind. Granted, Posey should have done a better job and he didn't sell it, but Heyward is a BIG guy (6'5, 245), and I'm sure Posey was having some flashbacks.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to know if he truly bed-shat or if the BABIP gods just worked against him. Not like they crushed the ball, or he walked himself out of the game.

I know he's a well-paid veteran and all, but it HAS to help as a pitcher when your team scores some runs. Last night we didn't, obviously. Just sayin'.

Good point, his PQS was 4 which is considered dominant. I may have been a bit hard on Tron last night.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I saw the play at home. It looked clear to me that Posey grazed Heyward at the "A" in HEYWARD. No doubt in my mind. Granted, Posey should have done a better job and he didn't sell it, but Heyward is a BIG guy (6'5, 245), and I'm sure Posey was having some flashbacks.

In real time, at the park, I thought Heyward was safe. The replays I saw confirmed that. Posey never argued and the umps came back quickly with a "safe" confirmation.

Posey blew it, but we weren't winning that game anyway.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In real time, at the park, I thought Heyward was safe. The replays I saw confirmed that. Posey never argued and the umps came back quickly with a "safe" confirmation.

Posey blew it, but we weren't winning that game anyway.

I know things happened fast, but if I were Posey, I'd have gotten closer to the plate (like a foot or two away) to narrow the window of Heyward's path and accessibility to the plate. Posey didn't get low. Can't think of a sport where you shouldn't get low on defense, esp when the target (the plate) is ON THE GROUND.

MLB.com Gameday | MLB.com: Gameday

Check out the video "Safe call at the plate is confirmed". There's an angle in slo-mo that looks clear to me that he tagged him, however slightly. Obviously, Posey didn't realize that he did.

But I couldn't agree more with your bolded statement.