• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.27 Braves @ Swept Losers

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't payed close enough attention but has Doval pitched since his several consecutive blown saves? By the last one I was worried he has some injury. :hope:

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't payed close enough attention but has Doval pitched since his several consecutive blown saves? By the last one I was worried he has some injury. :hope:
Hate to quote myself but it's encouraging that it was just a bad stretch for Doval. :) :brick:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While mathematically true, the way the team has been playing, I'm not sure that is reasonable.
It ebbs and flows. We looked really good a few weeks ago then hit the part of the schedule we knew would be hard and guess what it was.

If we were 4 back with 3 weeks left I'd say no way but we're 1 back in the loss column from the 3rd wild card and 2 back from the 2nd. The other teams in the mix aren't so great, maybe the Phillies are better.

Might as well root for it, it's not crazy to expect better play when the schedule eases up. And sure we probably don't get past the Dodgers or Braves in the playoffs but I'd rather find out. October baseball is fun!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ebbs and flows. We looked really good a few weeks ago then hit the part of the schedule we knew would be hard and guess what it was.

If we were 4 back with 3 weeks left I'd say no way but we're 1 back in the loss column from the 3rd wild card and 2 back from the 2nd. The other teams in the mix aren't so great, maybe the Phillies are better.

Might as well root for it, it's not crazy to expect better play when the schedule eases up. And sure we probably don't get past the Dodgers or Braves in the playoffs but I'd rather find out. October baseball is fun!
Yes, it would be fun to make the playoffs. However, I don't see the veterans making enough of a difference. I think it still would be good to just let the rookies play. If the team makes the playoffs because of (in spite of), all the better.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that they don't want to have Haniger use the full time allowable on his rehab. Sure, this team is scuffling but Haniger didn't look good when he was healthy and he's been out of action for a long time. Rushing him back doesn't solve anything.
Unless he's ready, which we can't know.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was on the "phuk it, dump the season" train until I read about Tyro's speech yesterday. Now, I want them to get in for him.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
I was on the "phuk it, dump the season" train until I read about Tyro's speech yesterday. Now, I want them to get in for him.
havent heard. Do you have a link?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

havent heard. Do you have a link?
I went looking and found this:

Edit: and that article is subscriber based.

Let's try this video:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know the details, but they talked about it on KNBR this AM.

Apparently he had an emotional outburst in the locker room calling everyone out (in a positive, leadership way) for lack of drive.
His basic message was:

If we were a bad team, this would be expected.

We are not a bad team. Sack up and lets do this thing.

I phuking LOVE this guy.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His basic message was:

If we were a bad team, this would be expected.

We are not a bad team. Sack up and lets do this thing.

I phuking LOVE this guy.
Wasn’t he a waiver wire guy from the Spanks too?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was DFA’d by the Spanks, but we traded for him. He was valued by them, but they were experiencing some pretty serious roster crunch issues.
Which is why I don't think he should be considered the same as most of the roster churn that FZ picks up. The Yankees had to do something and it just so happened that FZ was in active churn mode. It was basically a late spring training/early season trade. A wise move by FZ but not typical churn fodder (now the Yaz acquisition fits more in his typical churn MO).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win vs another wild card chaser

Classic Giants home win