• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully Elliot can prove to people he was a good goalie once. Maybe our defense comes together quickly. Anything, I just want a consistent compete level and more positive progress than we've had.

Elliott is a solid goalie, statistically, but he has always pretty much played for very good defensive teams. St. Louis, Ottawa and even Calgary. You can't argue with his numbers or results though ultimately. He gets a lot of shutouts and wins a lot of games. 191-117-35 with 36 shutouts is pretty impressive. He hasn't really ever been a starter and it doesn't appear that he will be now either. Neuvy and Elliott will work this in tandem and we will probably just ride the hot hand. At least Elliott can coexist with another goalie though, since that's all he's ever done.

To me, this guy has always been one of the best spot starting goalies in fantasy that you could ever ask for. He doesn't start often, so he's not your main guy, but he gives you everything else when he does play.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This upcoming season, while we still nurse in the rookies, will hinge on what 3 guys will do.
Because, those 3 guys are the leaders of this team. With those 3 guys, if they turn it on and kick ass, it will open the door for the younger guys to go hog wild, and not be pressured into having to produce. Two seasons ago, when Ghost was injected into play, he didn't have the pressure of having to produce. And he flourished!!!
He took off so fast, that everything he did the following year was a let down. But as I said, those top 3 guys were doing the job. Last season, there was pressure on Provey and Konecny......Provey faired well, but we all seen the struggles Konecny......

Ok, my point is if the big three don't put up the numbers and keep the pressure off these kids, we are in for another long season.....

Giroux....Simmer....Voracek.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
–Penguins defenseman Kris Letang had his day with the Stanley Cup, and he decided to bring it to a children’s hospital in the Montreal area. Even though he missed the playoffs with an injury, the hospital visit put things in perspective for him.

Makes it harder to hate him and other Penguins when they go out and do something so unselfish and caring. Sounds like he may actually be a good person. Have to give credit where credit is do.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
–Penguins defenseman Kris Letang had his day with the Stanley Cup, and he decided to bring it to a children’s hospital in the Montreal area. Even though he missed the playoffs with an injury, the hospital visit put things in perspective for him.

Makes it harder to hate him and other Penguins when they go out and do something so unselfish and caring. Sounds like he may actually be a good person. Have to give credit where credit is do.

Agreed

But it doesn't make crosby any less of a bitch.....:D

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nhl.com's projected Flyers lineup:

Projected lineup

Travis Konecny -- Claude Giroux -- Jakub Voracek

Jordan Weal -- Sean Couturier -- Wayne Simmonds

Oskar Lindblom -- Nolan Patrick -- Valtteri Filppula

Jori Lehtera -- Mike Vecchione -- Michael Raffl

Ivan Provorov -- Andrew MacDonald

Samuel Morin -- Shayne Gostisbehere

Robert Hagg -- Radko Gudas

Brian Elliott

Michal Neuvirth
I like the players on the ice (Weiss and Read 13 +14) but I don't think 2 rookies play together on the 3rd line. Switch Couts and Patrick and drop the puck.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the players on the ice (Weiss and Read 13 +14) but I don't think 2 rookies play together on the 3rd line. Switch Couts and Patrick and drop the puck.

I agree with switch Couts and Patrick. I'd also switch Raffl and Filpula and I think Laughton sees more ice than Lehtera. At least, going in to the season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also still pulling for Myers as my darkhorse to beat out Hagg :)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pulling for ANYONE to beat out MacDonald. Breathing optional.

Given the results of last season and the apparent readiness of several of our young, talented defenders, this is quite possibly the best opportunity to date for MacDonald to get benched or buried in the minors. I would probably rather he just be our 7th defenseman and rarely play, but they are probably going to dress him because of the experience factor.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the results of last season and the apparent readiness of several of our young, talented defenders, this is quite possibly the best opportunity to date for MacDonald to get benched or buried in the minors. I would probably rather he just be our 7th defenseman and rarely play, but they are probably going to dress him because of the experience factor.

I'd like him as a 7th dman too. It gives you the option to rotate him through if necessary. I just don't expect them to dress 3 rookies on defense along with 3rd year ghost and 2nd year Provorov. And honestly, I don't even blame them that much, that's a REALLY inexperienced blueline. I'd rather it be someone other than MacDonald obviously, but I do think you need a little more experience back there.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one title is basically how I feel about the rest of the summer and upcoming season.

Wake me up when September ends...Lol

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nhl.com's projected Flyers lineup:

Projected lineup

Travis Konecny -- Claude Giroux -- Jakub Voracek

Jordan Weal -- Sean Couturier -- Wayne Simmonds

Oskar Lindblom -- Nolan Patrick -- Valtteri Filppula

Jori Lehtera -- Mike Vecchione -- Michael Raffl

Ivan Provorov -- Andrew MacDonald

Samuel Morin -- Shayne Gostisbehere

Robert Hagg -- Radko Gudas

Brian Elliott

Michal Neuvirth

Here we are going into year 5( 2012- 20th pick 1st round) with Laughton,and he can't even get an honorable mention.

If he can't work his way into the lineup this year,I say,they trade him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are going into year 5( 2012- 20th pick 1st round) with Laughton,and he can't even get an honorable mention.

If he can't work his way into the lineup this year,I say,they trade him.

If he doesn't crack the lineup this year he's going to get claimed on waivers. He's not waiver exempt anymore.

Based on the Flyers protecting him in the expansion draft (over Bellemare) and re-signing him, I don't think they have any intention of waiving Laughton.

I really think the Flyers expect him to replace Bellemare.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the plan to have Laughton on the PK all along, so that's 1. Raffl would be my next thought, but he hasn't played significant SH minutes since 13-14. Filpula would be next, he's played fairly significant minutes in his career on the PK, though based on the numbers (~1:00/game) he has more been a spot guy than a regular. He did play more PK time in Tampa though.

I think that helps Read's case to make the team. I don't expect they'll give Patrick or Lindblom any PK responsibility, certainly not right away. Konecny Weal, and Voracek definitely not. They don't seem to want Giroux out there for those minutes, so probably not. Lehtera averages about :30/game for his career, so he seems unlikely to be a regular PK'er. Weise hasn't PK'd much at all in his career. Would they throw Vechionne out there to PK?

Based on this, I expect Laughton and Read to make up 2 parts of the 4th line.