• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bring this full circle actually, Hartnell not being here is the reason #19 is even available...Lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell with over 1200 hits since 2009.

And Hartnell with 429 points (.66ppg), Giroux with 575 (.88ppg).

Points win hockey games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think goaltending definitely won us the series your avatar is depicting, for example.
We won that series and Pitt has won three cups while we watch their parades. Incredible that you would even bring that up. If your happy finishing 8th and winning a series every few years fine, im not i want the cup in Philly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won that series and Pitt has won three cups while we watch their parades. Incredible that you would even bring that up. If your happy finishing 8th and winning a series every few years fine, im not i want the cup in Philly.

I didn't bring it up for the purpose of bragging, I brought it up because goaltending meant nothing throughout the whole series...Lol

None of us are happy with the results lately, but there's a lot of excitement about what is on the way and you're not about to dampen that for me.

A lot of the reason why Pitt is doing what they're doing is because they tanked for years to get absolute star players and then added in some young talent via their farm system to keep it going.

Would you rather we do it their way, because the top overall or even the second pick is far less likely nowadays?

I don't know what you are suggesting be done here. There's no magic wand Hexy can wave right this second to make us Cup contenders right this minute.

You can't argue the fact that we've built up one of the best crops of prospects in the world and all while still being a competitive team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bring it up for the purpose of bragging, I brought it up because goaltending meant nothing throughout the whole series...Lol

None of us are happy with the results lately, but there's a lot of excitement about what is on the way and you're not about to dampen that for me.

A lot of the reason why Pitt is doing what they're doing is because they tanked for years to get absolute star players and then added in some young talent via their farm system to keep it going.

Would you rather we do it their way, because the top overall or even the second pick is far less likely nowadays?

I don't know what you are suggesting be done here. There's no magic wand Hexy can wave right this second to make us Cup contenders right this minute.

You can't argue the fact that we've built up one of the best crops of prospects in the world and all while still being a competitive team.
We have built prospects and now we need to have them live up to the hype and not have a team that wins 10 in a row and then doesn't even make the playoffs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have built prospects and now we need to have them live up to the hype and not have a team that wins 10 in a row and then doesn't even make the playoffs.

Yeah, that's fucking embarrassing, no doubt. If anything though, I think it proves we had a pretty decent team that just had a shitload of misfortune on the ice and ultimately choked away what should've been another trip to the playoffs.

Bad teams don't win 10 in a row either. We're better than that.

Take MacDonald off the top pairing and maybe we make the playoffs. To me, it's a giant clusterfuck to have him getting that many minutes.

It will most certainly be different this coming season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a over/under on the comments of Meltzer's blog yesterday, i'm going to come up with one for us to. See where everyone thinks the Flyers will end up this year :)

Just gotta get some categories together.