• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like myself wanted to trade Gee for Galchenyuk how is that equivalent to a bag of pucks?

As far as being a hero i dont know how you can be a hero of a team that hasn't been out of the first round in 6 years.

A deep playoff run will silence the critics and ill be the happiest critic of all.

It's equivalent to selling low.

I can't blame G alone for any lack of postseason success. 62 points in 63 playoff games and a +13. He's also scoring on 16.5% of his shots, which is very high.

The team around him has to be better too for these long postseason runs. It's not a one man show in the Nhl.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR = Jeremy Roenick

That's his nickname.

Then my most sincere apology for the misunderstanding.....

:suds: here's to G..... May he turn it all around. The team needs him, and I hope he's in black and orange to lift the cup!!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awaz's top 10 prospect power rankings.. for fun.

1. Nolan Patrick
2. Phil Myers
3. Carter Hart
4. Oskar Lindblom
5. Travis Sanheim
6. German Rubtsov
7. Felix Sandstrom
8. Sam Morin
9. Robert Hagg
10. Morgan Frost

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Nolan Patrick
2. Phil Myers
3. Carter Hart
4. Oskar Lindblom
5. Travis Sanheim
6. German Rubtsov
7. Felix Sandstrom
8. Sam Morin
9. Robert Hagg
10. Morgan Frost

The best part is there are that many prospects to list.....
How many other teams can say that!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Nolan Patrick
2. Phil Myers
3. Carter Hart
4. Oskar Lindblom
5. Travis Sanheim
6. German Rubtsov
7. Felix Sandstrom
8. Sam Morin
9. Robert Hagg
10. Morgan Frost
Good list. I might put Alex Lyon ahead of Frost and maybe Scott Laughton if he qualifies for the list ahead of him too.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Nolan Patrick
2. Phil Myers
3. Carter Hart
4. Oskar Lindblom
5. Travis Sanheim
6. German Rubtsov
7. Felix Sandstrom
8. Sam Morin
9. Robert Hagg
10. Morgan Frost
When's the last time we had so many prospects we were excited to see. 4 forwards, 4 dmen and 2 goalies. Long, long time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list. I might put Alex Lyon ahead of Frost and maybe Scott Laughton if he qualifies for the list ahead of him too.

I'll admit, I'm really excited about Frost. Probably more than most people as that pick was pretty heavily criticized. But he put up pretty good numbers and won all the speed competitions at the combine. Plus some of the highlights people started posting were very exciting.

I still like Stolarz better than Lyon personally, but they're certainly close, and the winner of that is probably #11 for me. And I had Laughton in the running, but I just don't think his ceiling is as high as the guys listed here.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part is there are that many prospects to list.....
How many other teams can say that!!!

Bingo. And I think you could probably stretch it to 20 of guys that have a decent shot at playing in the NHL someday.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see Myers and Sanheim make the team this year. I think Myers surprises people in camp and makes the opening night roster. Sanheim I'd love to see at some point. Everyone raves about their size, speed and puck skills. Myers gets big praise for his defense too.

I get giddy thinking about how good the Flyers prospects are right now. If they continue to progress, the Flyers are going to start crushing it, and soon.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see Myers and Sanheim make the team this year. I think Myers surprises people in camp and makes the opening night roster. Sanheim I'd love to see at some point. Everyone raves about their size, speed and puck skills. Myers gets big praise for his defense too.

I get giddy thinking about how good the Flyers prospects are right now. If they continue to progress, the Flyers are going to start crushing it, and soon.

I want to see them make the team too, but if they make it, what happens to Morin and Hagg? I think Provorov, Ghost and Gudas are pretty safe with their spots, so there's no space for all four of them. They won't let one of these prospects make the team just to be the 7th man and rotate in and out of the lineup. That is the job of Manning or MacDonald...Lol

Maybe Morin, Hagg and Myers all make the squad and Sanheim gets called up later in the season due to injury.

Either way, it definitely is an exciting time for the franchise. The next 8-10 weeks or so can't go by quick enough.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think G needs to shoot the puck more this coming season too. He had 42 fewer shots this past season than the former, even having played in four extra games. Yes, he's a playmaker, but he also usually gets his 25-28 goals on 240+ shots.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team really needs an injection of youth too. The veterans alone aren't getting it done anymore. Not just the stars, but guys like Read, Weise, Raffl, Cousins, Couturier to some extent, even Filppula in limited action. Some others on our blue line that have come and gone too like MDZ, Streit and Schultz. Glad to be turning the page on a lot of these guys.

Hopefully a guy like Weise finds his game, because we still have three more seasons of him. The others are either gone or will be shortly.

Even further on down the road, the 2020 season is when we will really have all of our garbage gone. Only 4 players currently signed through that season. There will be an enormous amount of cap space, even after new contracts for at least Provorov, Konecny, Patrick, Myers, Sanheim, Hagg, Morin, Stolarz, Lyon and others.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.J. Umberger is looking to make a NHL comeback. After not playing during the 2016-17 season, the 35 year old has agreed to a professional tryout offer (PTO) with the Dallas Stars.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see them make the team too, but if they make it, what happens to Morin and Hagg? I think Provorov, Ghost and Gudas are pretty safe with their spots, so there's no space for all four of them. They won't let one of these prospects make the team just to be the 7th man and rotate in and out of the lineup. That is the job of Manning or MacDonald...Lol

Maybe Morin, Hagg and Myers all make the squad and Sanheim gets called up later in the season due to injury.

Either way, it definitely is an exciting time for the franchise. The next 8-10 weeks or so can't go by quick enough.

That's definitely the crazy thing. And I guess it's somewhat risky to play Myers and Sanheim over Morin and Hagg because then maybe you don't maximize their value. Teams will say "oh they're your 3rd and 4th best prospect with 0 nhl experience" and maybe the Flyers don't get as good of a return. Whereas if Myers and Sanheim anchor the top pair in the AHL and tear it up, and Hagg/Morin make solid impacts in the NHL next season, you can move one or two of the more established young pieces like Gudas/Ghost/Hagg/Morin to make room for the higher ceiling Myers/Sanheim to come up.

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out. One thing that will be interesting to keep an eye on is Sanheim/Ghost. They're VERY similar players. Do the Flyers need both of them? Or do they move one of them for offensive help.

To me, the Flyers top pair of the future will be Myers/Provorov. Then you could balance offense/defense with Ghost/Gudas and Sanheim/Morin pairs. Or do you trade Ghost or Sanheim and have Hagg slot in and have a more defensive pair. Or do you move Gudas or Morin to slot Hagg in and go more offensive with the last pair?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that neither MacDonald nor Manning prevents one of these young prospects from playing if they were to both get outplayed in training camp by Morin, Hagg, Sanheim and Myers.

Seems like Hexy has been preaching that our best guys will play on the Nhl squad if they earn it, but saying it is one thing and actually seeing that happen is another.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord I've been a busy Beaver, will have to catch up on this thread today. Being 51 and trying to do tons of construction projects by myself after working 9 hours has not been fun at all. At least the Baby's stuff is done. Oh and go Flyers!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing going on in hockey world. Will the season start already!