• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked my seats for the weekend package yesterday. The season is swiftly approaching!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every line should be better, really. This is courtesy of Patrick, Lindblom, Filppula, Weal, Vecchione, Raffl and even Lehtera. Patrick and Lindblom will probably have us forgetting about Schenn in a hurry. Filppula and Weal were only with us for about a quarter of the season.

I only mention Raffl because he missed 30 games last season. Vecchione only played in 2. Lehtera was just traded for. All three of these guys are probably better options than PEB, Lyubimov or VV. Raffl and Lehtera could effectively play on any line also.

Not just all of these guys, but I fully expect Giroux and Voracek to be better. People look at Giroux, but what about Voracek? He's really only had one great season with us. He's paid to be a lot better than that and it needs to happen.

It will be interesting to see where guys like Read and Weise fit in, if at all.
Patrick: we arent even 100% sure he is making the big squad. Hope he does though.This will be the only player listed that may have 25 g's and 55pts
Lindblom: we arent 100% sure he is making the big squad. Hope he does though.
Filppula: offensively is has been regressing for years. Hope he finds his groove again
Weal: i like, but is still a question mark do we see him as last years offensive threat or does he have a sophomore slump AKA Ghost
Vecchione: not 100% sure he makes the team and if he does make the team does he even dress.
Raffl and Lehtera see Vecchione.

Way too early to tell about any of these guys yet. I do hope you're right though.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every line should be better, really. This is courtesy of Patrick, Lindblom, Filppula, Weal, Vecchione, Raffl and even Lehtera. Patrick and Lindblom will probably have us forgetting about Schenn in a hurry. Filppula and Weal were only with us for about a quarter of the season.

I only mention Raffl because he missed 30 games last season. Vecchione only played in 2. Lehtera was just traded for. All three of these guys are probably better options than PEB, Lyubimov or VV. Raffl and Lehtera could effectively play on any line also.

Not just all of these guys, but I fully expect Giroux and Voracek to be better. People look at Giroux, but what about Voracek? He's really only had one great season with us. He's paid to be a lot better than that and it needs to happen.

It will be interesting to see where guys like Read and Weise fit in, if at all.

Totally agree.

Most people were too busy ripping other guys apart(Mase/Read/MacDonald,etc....),and didn't really comment on his shitshow of a season.

He owes the team 5 mil against the cap for last years showing IMO.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick: we arent even 100% sure he is making the big squad. Hope he does though.This will be the only player listed that may have 25 g's and 55pts
Lindblom: we arent 100% sure he is making the big squad. Hope he does though.
Filppula: offensively is has been regressing for years. Hope he finds his groove again
Weal: i like, but is still a question mark do we see him as last years offensive threat or does he have a sophomore slump AKA Ghost
Vecchione: not 100% sure he makes the team and if he does make the team does he even dress.
Raffl and Lehtera see Vecchione.

Way too early to tell about any of these guys yet. I do hope you're right though.
Patrick - at a minimum he gets a 9 game try out. I think he stays the whole season as he already has the size to do so, 6-2 199 lbs.
Lindblom - I still think he starts on Phantoms to adjust to NA hockey. Called up by mid-season and hopefully stays.
Filppula - he may have a bigger role/opportunity with the Flyers. He looked decent in his 20 Flyer games last year 5g 3a 8pts. Good possibility to return to 20 g's getting PP and 2nd line minutes.
Weal - this depends on where he plays in the line up. Looked good as a top 6, especially on the top line. A real wild card for this line up.
Vecchione - TBD. Only 2 games last year and a total of about 19 minutes. He should get a lot of preseason playing time. Not a bad contact for a bottom 6.
Raffl - for now he looks to be a 3rd line wing. Probably should get back to a 15 goal range.
Lehtera - A very expensive 4th line C.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk as hell, and hoping I do not offend.....
I know there are folks upset about the off season moves, but I will say this......
Reading articles and looking at Development camp, teams in the NHL need to be prepared for what we are bringing to the table this year!!!!
We have a hell of a team in the waiting here, and if it be this year or next, who cares..... Teams are going to have to be ready and prepared for what this team is bringing and what lies in wait for what is coming from this team.

@lasgop8 I feel your anger on Schenn, but you'll see we have improved my friend.....
@Maverick426h I am with you on G....I hope just as much as you, his slide is over. I can't see a Cup without G..... can't see it.

This is the team Hexy is putting together for us, and I have every faith in him!!!!
I have never been much of a Philly fan, because after one year the fans want everyone fired. That can not and will not EVER win us a championship. Just trust in the powers that be and be patient. I know @lasgop8 your say about waiting for 2 to 3 years.... just enjoy the ride my friend..... it is all a part of being Champs. The Ride!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are folks upset about the off season moves, but I will say this......
Reading articles and looking at Development camp, teams in the NHL need to be prepared for what we are bringing to the table this year!!!!
We have a hell of a team in the waiting here, and if it be this year or next, who cares..... Teams are going to have to be ready and prepared for what this team is bringing and what lies in wait for what is coming from this team.

@lasgop8 I feel your anger on Schenn, but you'll see we have improved my friend.....
@Maverick426h I am with you on G....I hope just as much as you, his slide is over. I can't see a Cup without G..... can't see it.

This is the team Hexy is putting together for us, and I have every faith in him!!!!
I have never been much of a Philly fan, because after one year the fans want everyone fired. That can not and will not EVER win us a championship. Just trust in the powers that be and be patient. I know @lasgop8 your say about waiting for 2 to 3 years.... just enjoy the ride my friend..... it is all a part of being Champs. The Ride!!!!
I hope you are 100% correct and we are a better team and more exciting to watch but i have been enjoying the ride far to long i keep waiting to stop and enjoy a cup.:suds:

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This senior citizen has been patient for far too many years-I want a Cup now!!

on a serious note-
As long as they're entertaining,which,I feel this year they will be,to me the Cup is a bonus

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you figure that each team has a 3.23 % from the start to win Cup,then get a few more points based on prospects,perceived line-ups ,power rankings,etc...to me it's still a big crapshoot,as nothing is guaranteed.

Regardless of what the "so-called" experts have us at now-IMO,we go no less than 2 rounds in playoffs this year,and as season goes along,I would not be surprised by a longer run,with our projected lineup.