• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens are in a tough spot with their goalie situation there. They virtually have to trade Fleury and everyone knows it. Are we really going to be the team that lets them off the hook so they don't have to protect him, therefore get to keep Murray? Lol

To me, not a chance in hell that it happens.

Even as we speak, they'd probably be willing to trade Fleury for a massage table, a bag of pucks and "future" considerations. It's because he's virtually a $6 million backup goalie, to them.
THIS^^^^^^^

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens are in a tough spot with their goalie situation there. They virtually have to trade Fleury and everyone knows it. Are we really going to be the team that lets them off the hook so they don't have to protect him, therefore get to keep Murray? Lol

To me, not a chance in hell that it happens.

Even as we speak, they'd probably be willing to trade Fleury for a massage table, a bag of pucks and "future" considerations. It's because he's virtually a $6 million backup goalie, to them.
I agree with this 100%

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait until the day when we start owning teams like the Devs and the Rags. Hopefully it will be sooner before I'm admitted in a nursing home, lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait until the day when we start owning teams like the Devs and the Rags. Hopefully it will be sooner before I'm admitted in a nursing home, lol.
With this number 2 pick it is likely that it will happen sooner rather than later unless the pick turns out like our last number 2 pick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Canada won again and it was a very boring game. So many whistles that my recording ran out with 2 mins to go. Gee got bumped up to 2nd line center with Oreilly and Simmer. That was the best line on the ice all night by far and away. Gee i think got credited for 8 shots but had way more attempts than that. Thats the good news. The bad news is Oreilly took 90% of the offensive and defensive zone draws which is supposed to be Gee's strength. Canada out shot Germany like 50 to 18ish. Couts had plenty of chances to score in close and its so frustrating to watch him offensively. Koneckny was his usual feisty self and played well just not as good as he has been and Schenn was invisible again.

Worst news of the day from this tourney is USA lost.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Canada won again and it was a very boring game. So many whistles that my recording ran out with 2 mins to go. Gee got bumped up to 2nd line center with Oreilly and Simmer. That was the best line on the ice all night by far and away. Gee i think got credited for 8 shots but had way more attempts than that. Thats the good news. The bad news is Oreilly took 90% of the offensive and defensive zone draws which is supposed to be Gee's strength. Canada out shot Germany like 50 to 18ish. Couts had plenty of chances to score in close and its so frustrating to watch him offensively. Koneckny was his usual feisty self and played well just not as good as he has been and Schenn was invisible again.

Worst news of the day from this tourney is USA lost.
I saw a few highlights of this game, they looked pretty bad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was originally thinking I'd prefer Hischier, but now I'm thinking Patrick.

Either way, if Nico turns out to be anything like Kane or Datsyuk AND Nolan turns out to be anything like Getzlaf or Toews, we quite simply cannot go wrong here.

I find myself harkening back to the old adage that you can't teach size and aside from everything else, Patrick has that. He looks huge already in that pic and would probably make our team right out of training camp, which would be uber exciting to see.

We don't really have elite level size down the middle. Couturier is a bigger guy, but not very physical or imposing and only elite defensively. I would take an 18 year old second coming of Getzlaf immediately without even flinching or putting any further thought into it.

There's also the Hexy/Provy connection of the Brandon Wheat Kings. I am sure the Flyers have had scouts at a lot of games in which both Provorov and Patrick were playing. They probably never dreamt they'd be able to have a shot at picking him too, but nonetheless, they've seen him in action.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either way, if Nico turns out to be anything like Kane or Datsyuk AND Nolan turns out to be anything like Getzlaf or Toews, we quite simply cannot go wrong here.

I find myself harkening back to the old adage that you can't teach size and aside from everything else, Patrick has that. He looks huge already in that pic and would probably make our team right out of training camp, which would be uber exciting to see.

We don't really have elite level size down the middle. Couturier is a bigger guy, but not very physical or imposing and only elite defensively. I would take an 18 year old second coming of Getzlaf immediately without even flinching or putting any further thought into it.

There's also the Hexy/Provy connection of the Brandon Wheat Kings. I am sure the Flyers have had scouts at a lot of games in which both Provorov and Patrick were playing. They probably never dreamt they'd be able to have a shot at picking him too, but nonetheless, they've seen him in action.
I am with you on this one. I am all for making our team bigger and stronger and faster and Patrick provides all of that in one player. We need to find a way to make sure the Devils pick Nico.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you on this one. I am all for making our team bigger and stronger and faster and Patrick provides all of that in one player. We need to find a way to make sure the Devils pick Nico.

It also helps that Getzlaf has been a monster again this postseason, and at age 32. That's a truly elite level center all over the ice.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this excites me just thinking about it, and yes in that naughty type of way.