• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You to MAll!:suds: In Carolina unless Awaz is making a road trip.:lol:

My backyard! Opted for center ice up high tonight instead of on the glass in the corners like I had been doing.

Going to a USL game first too. Super sports day :cool:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My backyard! Opted for center ice up high tonight instead of on the glass in the corners like I had been doing.

Going to a USL game first too. Super sports day :cool:
I hate you lol, man I would kill for free time again. Have fun.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a pretty nice gift from the Oilers today. Hopefully we take advantage

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is painful to watch. I just dont see any urgency at all

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really difficult game to watch until late in the 3rd period. Sick and tired of watching our defense routinely lack coverage in front, fail to clear the puck, turn it over in our own zone or take penalties. The start was better in this one, but then Staal gets a fortunate deflection and we simply stopped playing.

I think momentum swings really got the best of us for awhile in this game until the very end. They score a goal and we sulk. We kill a penalty or even two (in dominant fashion even) and gain nothing from it. We score a critical, game-tying goal and let them score one right back. Not until Jake tied it 2-2 did we really build any momentum.

Patrick continues to dominate on St. Patrick's Day, fittingly. Really great to see Lindblom get his first Nhl point and also guys like Filppula and Raffl, who were in the midst of long scoring droughts, find the back of the net too.

Lyon played well and is finally looking like he can handle being the backup, at least in the short term.

The breakaway, game-winning goal by Filppula after he had been interfered with by the ref in the offensive zone (which led to an odd-man rush the other way) was some serious poetic justice. That is especially the case after the other fucking idiot ref got right in the way of Jake while he was defending a 2 on 1 rush earlier on. Voracek is probably the victim of as much interference (most of it not called) as any other player in the league. This time, he gets it from the fucking referee himself...Lol It's pretty unreal.

I wouldn't have been surprised to see one of these refs standing right behind Cam Ward to save a goal in this one, for fuck's sake. It's truly unbelievable shit for a ref to be right in the middle of two critical plays that may have decided the game, but it did not haunt us or deter us from coming back in the very end.

We needed the two points and we got them, but I'd rather not have to sweat out anymore games like this one. Carolina is still playing hard, but we definitely should've lit them up for a couple more goals. We can thank Ward for some of that, but we weren't making it difficult enough on him for awhile there.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this afternoon we find out if our players are still serious about competing for a division title. A regulation loss would mean that possibility will be very slim, so go out and battle hard for the two points. Let's see if we can build on the game yesterday and get a winning streak going for the stretch run.

Furthermore, you have to beat the best to be the best and right now, that's still the Caps. And so, let's see how we stack up against the best one more time. I think we're right on the cusp of being there and home ice belongs to us. No excuses here for this one.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimal 18 skaters!! Everybody party!!

First game all season where they’ve used the 18 best players in the organization this season!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game all around, Konecny wins beast of the game award hands down. Go ice that leg and hand son.:suds:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jekyl and Hyde

But Ill take it!
These guys never make it easy

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I didn't think we would win this game today after playing in Carolina the night before. Pretty impressive to take the Caps down. And just like that a little winning streak.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive win just when you think oh shit....they start winning again. Maybe getting the caps first round wouldn't be that bad.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive win just when you think oh shit....they start winning again. Maybe getting the caps first round wouldn't be that bad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what we've done all season long though, so I am not surprised at all. Just when you think we're going to sink into the abyss and never recover, we reel off several wins in a row, often against stiffer competition even.

Aside from Couturier somehow not lighting the lamp, the right guys are scoring now too for us to pull clear of this funk for good. Simmonds, Ghost, Provorov, Lindblom and Voracek. A lot of our guys should have much improved confidence now offensively heading into the home stretch.

I thought this was very much a solid effort from the start and at least up until we scored the 4th goal, which theoretically put the game away for good. Lots of traffic in front of their net while getting pucks through was often the key to success. The defense and goaltending was pretty solid too, at least until we took our foot off the gas late.

And yes, you have to love the addition of Hagg without the loss of Sanheim. Everyone is in favor of Weal over Lehtera too, despite his improvements throughout the season. Read has played well also in a limited role and I think all of us like him over Weise. Several of these guys went down to the Ahl to work on their game and now look like they will be permanent fixtures on the big club for a playoff run.

This is how we want things to go. Have your very best roster and line combos on the ice late in the season and begin to peak in late March and into April.

Combined with the NJ loss to the Ducks later on, this gives us a little breathing room. Perhaps now we can string together some wins and begin to look ahead to the top of the division instead of looking over our shoulders. Got to keep it rolling and beat the Wings in Detroit on Tuesday night. They've lost 10 straight. That has to be two points in the bank.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it was great to see Provorov respond to Wilson midway through this game after he shoved Ghost well past the whistle. Couturier got in there too. It's good to stand up for each other repeatedly and especially against their top thug. That and the fight Konecny had with the bigger Oshie in the 3rd go a long way toward showing us how tight-knit and tough our team is (or can be) right now.

Hagg over Manning is a really nice switch, but it also makes me long for a time when maybe Myers overtakes MacDonald or Morin supplants Gudas. Those two guys are next to go, without question. Even if they have to make millions while watching the game from above for a season or more.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's tough to say. It would be an absolute war, but we did win the season series against them with six points to their three in four total games. We also outscored them 19-11. I imagine they would not be happy to see us in round one, but also, slipping to the first wild card spot is a dangerous proposition for us too. I'd much rather win the division or have them fall back into a 2/3 matchup with us.

It's so tight right now that anything can still happen. 9 games remaining and I want to win at least 7 of them, including some revenge over Shitsburgh. Most of our remaining games are against non-playoff teams. We have to win these games, there is no question about it and there are absolutely zero excuses.

The only significant injuries we have are in net and Lyon has improved, while Mrazek has come in and stabilized things too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this has been mentioned yet either, but our penalty kill has looked really solid for several games in a row now as well. An improvement in this area over our performance all season long is much needed in order for a long playoff run. Killing off 75% just isn't good enough.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what has happened here though.

Some teams bought at the deadline to improve.

Aside from the emergency acquisition of Mrazek, what have we done?

Get key players back from injury and bring up a couple guys from the farm (or the bench) that have been working on their game all season long. I'm talking about Simmonds, Hagg, Lindblom, Sanheim, Read and Weal.

We bought at the deadline, folks, we just didn't pay anything.

How fucking sweet is that!?!

Edit: This was for you, Lasgop...Lol

Last edited: