• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no basis for your argument other than “anyone can win once you get in”. The flyers aren’t good enough this season to win the cup. Sorry you don’t see that, but it’s the truth. And grabner and maroon don’t get them there. That’s just a fact. You think adding what, two third line wingers gets them there? That’s craziness. The flyers defense after ghost and Provorov is just flat out not good enough to win a Stanley cup. You can’t win a cup with four 3rd pair at best dmen.

Enjoy the fact that they play some good hockey here and there and have an incredibly bright future. Stop complaining about every trade (or lack thereof) that doesn’t improve the current roster with not a care in the world about the future. The future when they DO have a chance to win cups.
So because you say we are not good enough to win a cup it makes it true? How is that a fact???? If we added the pieces we needed we may have very well had a shot at winning the cup especially since we were in first place without them. Its not a fact that we wouldn't have won just because you say so.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but are you pretending to be an idiot to piss me off or just being yourself? Lol I literally cannot tell.

Who said the Pens were a fringe playoff team? What the fuck are you talking about? I said simply that you're comparing fringe playoff teams like NJ and Columbus (who bought at the deadline) to perennial powerhouse teams like Pitt (who also bought at the deadline).

You can't make that comparison. Yes, those teams all bought, but just because a team bought at the deadline doesn't mean they are suddenly a true Cup contender. That's not how this works.
Pittsburgh picks up guy at the dealing and wins that's a fact. Nashville picked up a little forward depth last season and went from last wild card to the cup. just sayin.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this has been mentioned yet either, but our penalty kill has looked really solid for several games in a row now as well. An improvement in this area over our performance all season long is much needed in order for a long playoff run. Killing off 75% just isn't good enough.
Matt Read present and accounted for.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what has happened here though.

Some teams bought at the deadline to improve.

Aside from the emergency acquisition of Mrazek, what have we done?

Get key players back from injury and bring up a couple guys from the farm (or the bench) that have been working on their game all season long. I'm talking about Simmonds, Hagg, Lindblom, Sanheim, Read and Weal.

We bought at the deadline, folks, we just didn't pay anything.

How fucking sweet is that!?!

Edit: This was for you, Lasgop...Lol
But as you said last week we have no shot at winning the cup or 8% i think that was your number. So why after a few wins you post this.:crazy:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lehtera sits and we win 2 big games and Flipper looks like an all star. Crazy how that works.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And @lasgop8 is on a wild run today. Btw, I'm probably one of the few guys here that doesn't think the Flyers can make a run with this current roster. My reasoning though is because this team is so Jeckyl and Hyde and no consistency to show signs of playing at an elite level long term. I honestly think it's because we don't have "that" true leader like a Pronger, Lindros, or Timonen on this team yet. Now that's just my opinion buddy. I will also agree that I didn't want to make a big trade because I don't want to lose a solid prospect unless we are truly 1 piece away and have the true leader on this team. Again, just my opinion. Swing away!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And @lasgop8 is on a wild run today. Btw, I'm probably one of the few guys here that doesn't think the Flyers can make a run with this current roster. My reasoning though is because this team is so Jeckyl and Hyde and no consistency to show signs of playing at an elite level long term. I honestly think it's because we don't have "that" true leader like a Pronger, Lindros, or Timonen on this team yet. Now that's just my opinion buddy. I will also agree that I didn't want to make a big trade because I don't want to lose a solid prospect unless we are truly 1 piece away and have the true leader on this team. Again, just my opinion. Swing away!
Simple answer to this and you are allowed your opinion. Does Washington have a chance to win the cup?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple answer to this and you are allowed your opinion. Does Washington have a chance to win the cup?
I would say with that talent "yes." However, being that it is Washington and still has a lot of the same guys from the past, they won't even make it to the Cup. I have never been sold on Ovechkin as the vocal voice of that team. Niskanen? I'm not sure?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers have won 37 gams and lost 36 games and have a goal differential of +3. That's the epitome of middle of the road. That's my point.

Grabner and Maroon don't get them to cup contender status..

1. TB has won 49 and lost 23 with a differential of +58
2. NASH has won 47 and lost 24 with a differential of +54
3. BOS has won 45 and lost 25 with a differential of +56
4. VGK has won 46 and lost 26 with a differential of +45
5. Winnipeg has won 43 and lost 29 with a differential of +51

Those guys are your contenders. Consistently winning, consistently smashing their opponents. The Flyers are too streaky to be labeled cup contenders. Sure records and goal differential don't tell the whole story, but to be that far behind those guys tells you something.

It'd be awesome if they hit the right hot streak and make a deep run, but they shouldn't (and didn't) bet future assets on it now. If they do, I promise you I'll be just as excited as the next guy, but I think they were rational and logical with their choice to stand pat at the deadline.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be far less defensive over their lack of deadline moves if you were arguing they should've gotten McDonagh. Signed for next season and plays a position of need for the team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say with that talent "yes." However, being that it is Washington and still has a lot of the same guys from the past, they won't even make it to the Cup. I have never been sold on Ovechkin as the vocal voice of that team. Niskanen? I'm not sure?
If you say yes that Washington can win a cup then why not us. We have beaten them 3 times this season and they are just 4 points in front of us. #Whynotus

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers have won 37 gams and lost 36 games and have a goal differential of +3. That's the epitome of middle of the road. That's my point.

Grabner and Maroon don't get them to cup contender status..

1. TB has won 49 and lost 23 with a differential of +58
2. NASH has won 47 and lost 24 with a differential of +54
3. BOS has won 45 and lost 25 with a differential of +56
4. VGK has won 46 and lost 26 with a differential of +45
5. Winnipeg has won 43 and lost 29 with a differential of +51

Those guys are your contenders. Consistently winning, consistently smashing their opponents. The Flyers are too streaky to be labeled cup contenders. Sure records and goal differential don't tell the whole story, but to be that far behind those guys tells you something.

It'd be awesome if they hit the right hot streak and make a deep run, but they shouldn't (and didn't) bet future assets on it now. If they do, I promise you I'll be just as excited as the next guy, but I think they were rational and logical with their choice to stand pat at the deadline.
Im pretty sure all of the stats pointed against Nashville last season as they were the last team in and they went to the cup so im optimistic but closing out without improving our toughness (Maroon) and our PK (Grabner)its gonna be tough.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be far less defensive over their lack of deadline moves if you were arguing they should've gotten McDonagh. Signed for next season and plays a position of need for the team.
I would love Mcdonah Miller or anyone who could help us improve our defense and PK and toughness.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as you said last week we have no shot at winning the cup or 8% i think that was your number. So why after a few wins you post this.:crazy:

Yeah, our chances are slim, but so are most teams. 16 teams make the playoffs. Do some math and that's 6.25% per team. Some obviously have a lot greater odds than others, so I estimated us at 8% if we bought, which is above average.

That said, yes, everyone has a chance, but we're doing this the right way. That's the point. We're building from within. Instead of having to trade for a vet at the deadline, we're bringing up youth (and even vets) to improve.

I would much, much rather have our younger guys blossom throughout a playoff run than have to pay for older ones and then lose them next season. Now, if we keep it rolling and make the playoffs, we stay on track to be a powerhouse team in the near future or one of those teams that maybe has a 20% or more chance to win it all.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say yes that Washington can win a cup then why not us. We have beaten them 3 times this season and they are just 4 points in front of us. #Whynotus

What Washington does is win the division and then lose in the first or second round, so I'd say they have next to zero shot at winning it all...Lol