• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, they were the huge assets we got back in that trade.

Let's take an honest poll of all Flyer fans or anyone for that matter.

Who thinks we are legit Cup contenders with Schenn on this year's squad in place of Lehtera?

I can promise you that very few would wholeheartedly agree. This team has proven time and time again that while we have flashes of brilliance and we are growing, we are too young and inconsistent right now to win the Cup this season, with or without Schenn.

His team in St. Louis is a disaster anyway, which does not exactly speak well for him. That was a powerhouse team last season. Add Schenn and now they're a mess. Coincidence? Maybe. Points aren't everything though. Maybe this guy is/was a cancer to the room, you just never know the backstory on this.

Either way, Schenn has been given way more opportunities to succeed in St. Louis. More minutes and more time with better players. It's not surprising to see him produce more on the season as a whole. It's not exactly resulting in a lot of wins though, is it?
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has been playing without one of their top players Reilly Smith for the past two games and I think he is out of tonight's lineup as well. They have been struggling of late.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has been playing without one of their top players Reilly Smith for the past two games and I think he is out of tonight's lineup as well. They have been struggling of late.
We have showed this season we can beat anyone in the league at any time. I hope its one of those nights

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have showed this season we can beat anyone in the league at any time. I hope its one of those nights
We will win tonight. Book it! If MAF is in net, we all know we are in his head and nothing will ever change. Giroux has his big night tonight. He is my star of the night. Let's do it boys!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will win tonight. Book it! If MAF is in net, we all know we are in his head and nothing will ever change. Giroux has his big night tonight. He is my star of the night. Let's do it boys!
I love this prediction!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer will you stop playinglike your a 100 point scorer and get back to your bump and grind game.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets have an easy 2 pts tonight playing the Habs. We need this game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can just take care of business on home ice, we might get some help elsewhere, you just never know. Panthers, Capitals and Jackets all in action tonight.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice. I'm sticking w G.. He will be money tonight. Mrazek will win this game playing balls out.
OK boys, start throwing the "winner" icon here. I got the winner tonight.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck me sideways. No way in hell did I think we would lose this game and yet this Flyers team continues to amaze me. The word consistent does not apply to this team. This is a team that looks like they could get swept in 1st round or pull a rabbit out a hat and go on a run. You never know what team will show up. It frustrates the shit out of me.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choked away another point, possibly two. Can't let Vegas go 2 for 2 on the power play and the defensive zone coverage on the last goal at a clutch moment was just not good enough. I believe Filppula, Raffl, Simmonds, Gudas and MacDonald were on the ice and we just let them cycle the puck and run a play to perfection for the game winning goal. Mrazek had no chance and played well overall.

I am further annoyed that we're giving up milestone achievements to some of our greatest fucking rivals, having let Crosby get his 1100th point earlier this season and now Fleury his 400th win. That will pretty much bother the fuck out of your fanbase.

Now we've put ourselves in a situation where we basically must beat Columbus on Thursday night or they will potentially tie us for the 3rd seed and NJ will be right there too. Florida did lose and that is the only silver lining here. If these three teams all pass us though, we're officially out of the playoffs. No other teams are close enough, so just one of us is going to get shafted.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the remaining schedules, I think NJ and Florida have the worst chances to make the playoffs. They both have long road trips against tough opponents. The Devils are in the midst of a 6 game road trip that takes them through Vegas, the California trio and Pitt. The Panthers have to play 15 games in 25 days starting this Thursday, including a period where 7 out of 8 will be on the road. They also play Boston a whopping 4 times.