• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Morgan Frost on the way and their 1st round pick this year in our pocket while they sit tied for 18th in league standings, you are correct.
I didnt see Morgan Frost or that draft pick out there last night or in our last 4 loses. sorry i must've missed them.

:L

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see Morgan Frost or that draft pick out there last night or in our last 4 loses. sorry i must've missed them.

:L

However, they were the huge assets we got back in that trade.

Let's take an honest poll of all Flyer fans or anyone for that matter.

Who thinks we are legit Cup contenders with Schenn on this year's squad in place of Lehtera?

I can promise you that very few would wholeheartedly agree. This team has proven time and time again that while we have flashes of brilliance and we are growing, we are too young and inconsistent right now to win the Cup this season, with or without Schenn.

His team in St. Louis is a disaster anyway, which does not exactly speak well for him. That was a powerhouse team last season. Add Schenn and now they're a mess. Coincidence? Maybe. Points aren't everything though. Maybe this guy is/was a cancer to the room, you just never know the backstory on this.

Either way, Schenn has been given way more opportunities to succeed in St. Louis. More minutes and more time with better players. It's not surprising to see him produce more on the season as a whole. It's not exactly resulting in a lot of wins though, is it?

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, they were the huge assets we got back in that trade.

Let's take an honest poll of all Flyer fans or anyone for that matter.

Who thinks we are legit Cup contenders with Schenn on this year's squad in place of Lehtera?

I can promise you that very few would wholeheartedly agree. This team has proven time and time again that while we have flashes of brilliance and we are growing, we are too young and inconsistent right now to win the Cup this season, with or without Schenn.

His team in St. Louis is a disaster anyway, which does not exactly speak well for him. That was a powerhouse team last season. Add Schenn and now they're a mess. Coincidence? Maybe. Points aren't everything though. Maybe this guy is/was a cancer to the room, you just never know the backstory on this.

Either way, Schenn has been given way more opportunities to succeed in St. Louis. More minutes and more time with better players. It's not surprising to see him produce more on the season as a whole. It's not exactly resulting in a lot of wins though, is it?

To the first bolded part, me! I think every pro team has the potential to win it every year, You know Million dollar athletes putting forth an effort every game. Plus Schenn is way better offensively and defensively than Lehtera and it's not even close, stupid argument. Our team is in the situation it's in because Hextall thought(wrong) that Nuevy was a good capable back up and he sux.. If you don't think your team can win it all every year whats the point in being a fan?
To the second bolded part, you can replace Coots with Schenn, And the Blues with Flyers and Viola, Same argument! Funny how that works.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the first bolded part, me! I think every pro team has the potential to win it every year, You know Million dollar athletes putting forth an effort every game. Plus Schenn is way better offensively and defensively than Lehtera and it's not even close, stupid argument. Our team is in the situation it's in because Hextall thought(wrong) that Nuevy was a good capable back up and he sux.. If you don't think your team can win it all every year whats the point in being a fan?
To the second bolded part, you can replace Coots with Schenn, And the Blues with Flyers and Viola, Same argument! Funny how that works.

Lol So in what year were the Thrashers going to win it all?

Absolutely never. That's just realism.

Nobody is going to claim Lehtera is better than Schenn at anything, but it's fair for me to bring up stats for long stretches of the season in which he's been statistically better. Why? It should never fucking happen. Schenn gets way more ice and has way more opportunities to put up points. It's embarrassing to be outscored by Lehtera across any stretch of time, especially given their roles on each team.

Yeah, Schenn, his linemates and his team came out on fire for about 30 games, but they've been absolute shit in the 37 games since. That's actually more bad than good based on the numbers. I am just making light of that truth.

Our team is in a pretty decent situation still right now, especially given how far along we are in the rebuilding process, so I thank Hexy for that. Neuvy was great for us in year one. If he had managed to stay healthy and give us that again, he would've been an incredible signing and bargain. It just didn't work out this time and Elliott didn't hold up either. Hexy had to sign stop-gaps in net until Hart made it to the Nhl, there was no way around it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game this afternoon against the new Thrashers. Let's see if we have put that crushing defeat on Thursday night behind us. This is another challenge, but we need to utilize home ice and secure the points.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol So in what year were the Thrashers going to win it all?

Absolutely never. That's just realism.

Nobody is going to claim Lehtera is better than Schenn at anything, but it's fair for me to bring up stats for long stretches of the season in which he's been statistically better. Why? It should never fucking happen. Schenn gets way more ice and has way more opportunities to put up points. It's embarrassing to be outscored by Lehtera across any stretch of time, especially given their roles on each team.

Yeah, Schenn, his linemates and his team came out on fire for about 30 games, but they've been absolute shit in the 37 games since. That's actually more bad than good based on the numbers. I am just making light of that truth.

Our team is in a pretty decent situation still right now, especially given how far along we are in the rebuilding process, so I thank Hexy for that. Neuvy was great for us in year one. If he had managed to stay healthy and give us that again, he would've been an incredible signing and bargain. It just didn't work out this time and Elliott didn't hold up either. Hexy had to sign stop-gaps in net until Hart made it to the Nhl, there was no way around it.
Not sure what the Thrashers had to do with your original question lol? Me I just like the shiny colors in their logo.
However your original question is are we cup contenders with Schenn or Lehtera, my answer was yes, but again I feel that way with either player on the roster. These players are pros, they are supposed to be able to compete at that level, why should they get a pass while making millions? Because their rebuilding?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a huge and much needed win today boys. We need another winning streak to gain momentum to the finish line. We are 1 point behind the Caps. We got this!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the Thrashers had to do with your original question lol? Me I just like the shiny colors in their logo.
However your original question is are we cup contenders with Schenn or Lehtera, my answer was yes, but again I feel that way with either player on the roster. These players are pros, they are supposed to be able to compete at that level, why should they get a pass while making millions? Because their rebuilding?

Every team has a theoretical chance to win the Cup from day one of a season, but really only a small portion of them are serious about it. I brought up the Thrashers because of your logo and them being a perfect example of a team that was never a "Cup contender" in every sense of the phrase. If any of their fans ever thought they were going to win a Cup, they were seriously delusional.

I think lots of pros in any league get paid millions knowing full well that they will probably never win a championship.

That said, we're one of those teams that is serious about competing and spending to the cap ceiling. I don't think we're there yet as true contenders because we're awfully young and did not buy at the deadline, but maybe we can come together, grow and win a round or two in the playoffs. That or anything more would be ideal. I'm as optimistic as anyone with this team, but still don't think they can win the Cup this season as constructed.

It's just about getting to the next level now, which would be playoffs, preferably home ice and a first round win.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a huge and much needed win today boys. We need another winning streak to gain momentum to the finish line. We are 1 point behind the Caps. We got this!

Caps won also though. Literally the only help we got was the Leafs beating the Pens.

Either way, it is a huge two points and a nice effort. We should've beaten Boston too, but I just think Lyon was quite good enough to seal the deal.

Yes, Mrazek gives up rebounds, but his quickness, athleticism, awareness and positioning often make up for that as shown in this game. Well played, obviously. I would keep riding him until Elliott is healthy.

It seems like the more we talk about Lehtera, the better he gets. That whole 4th line looks good, Read included and the penalty kill mostly locked things down too.

Giroux continues to at least lead by example with the nice goal on the delayed penalty. I just love his drive to win and compete at the highest level.

Patrick is continuing to do his thing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lehtera was a beast yesterday. Best game of the season for him IMO. I agree, 4th line looked good. I’m glad Read is back out there.

Good grind it out win. Mrazek played very well (coming off a rest day ;)). Sanheim looked good except for 1 shift.

Loved that Konecny hit on Laine.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanheim obviously looked way better than he did earlier this season. I see that Hagg is out two weeks now, so Travis will have to continue to grow and step up in his absence. Upon his return, a guy like Manning may be the odd man out.

This quest to win the division and even make the playoffs gets tougher with each passing day right now. Florida and Columbus are coming fast. Our matchup with the Jackets on the 15th will be absolutely enormous and before that, we have to handle Vegas tomorrow night in Philly. They will probably be seeking some revenge.

We're already in a spot where Florida can tie us if they win all three of their games in hand. It won't matter if we hold onto a top three spot in the division of course, but if NJ or Columbus pass us, that spells serious trouble.

This is still all very much in our own control because we have 3-4 point leads on these teams and own the tiebreakers, but lose another five games in a row and we're in real danger. It just can't happen anymore if we expect to be a top three seed.

Tox 1

Reincarnated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice W against the Jets. Hopefully it’ll carryover thru the Knights, Jackets and Canes this week...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice W against the Jets. Hopefully it’ll carryover thru the Knights, Jackets and Canes this week...

It's the one in the middle that matters most. Got to bury the teams right behind us in the standings. We stumbled and they are only four points back now. A regulation win against them in our last meeting helps a lot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck they've got a lot tied up

Best fish out of water imitation-Lyon
Best waste of 5 million bucks- Flipper
best statue impersonation-Hakstol
best deer lost in the headlights gamer- Gudas,etc...

Seriousy though-Coots for Selke,and G should be in Hart talk
This is a great post!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lehtera was a beast yesterday. Best game of the season for him IMO. I agree, 4th line looked good. I’m glad Read is back out there.

Good grind it out win. Mrazek played very well (coming off a rest day ;)). Sanheim looked good except for 1 shift.

Loved that Konecny hit on Laine.
Mrazek looked great coming off a rest day and because he controlled his rebounds. Id like to thanks the jets for shooting to his glove side 90% of the time. :nod: