• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choked away another point, possibly two. Can't let Vegas go 2 for 2 on the power play and the defensive zone coverage on the last goal at a clutch moment was just not good enough. I believe Filppula, Raffl, Simmonds, Gudas and MacDonald were on the ice and we just let them cycle the puck and run a play to perfection for the game winning goal. Mrazek had no chance and played well overall.

I am further annoyed that we're giving up milestone achievements to some of our greatest fucking rivals, having let Crosby get his 1100th point earlier this season and now Fleury his 400th win. That will pretty much bother the fuck out of your fanbase.

Now we've put ourselves in a situation where we basically must beat Columbus on Thursday night or they will potentially tie us for the 3rd seed and NJ will be right there too. Florida did lose and that is the only silver lining here. If these three teams all pass us though, we're officially out of the playoffs. No other teams are close enough, so just one of us is going to get shafted.
Yep and it was because this pussy choose to play the puck instead of the body he got used by I believe it was Eakin and let him get off another pass that continued the cycle, Someone other than Konecny and Hagg have to start hitting people in the defensive zone.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the remaining schedules, I think NJ and Florida have the worst chances to make the playoffs. They both have long road trips against tough opponents. The Devils are in the midst of a 6 game road trip that takes them through Vegas, the California trio and Pitt. The Panthers have to play 15 games in 25 days starting this Thursday, including a period where 7 out of 8 will be on the road. They also play Boston a whopping 4 times.
Also we have to take care of business too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck me sideways. No way in hell did I think we would lose this game and yet this Flyers team continues to amaze me. The word consistent does not apply to this team. This is a team that looks like they could get swept in 1st round or pull a rabbit out a hat and go on a run. You never know what team will show up. It frustrates the shit out of me.
Consistency has been a problem on this team for years now. Long before the newbies arrived.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and it was because this pussy choose to play the puck instead of the body he got used by I believe it was Eakin and let him get off another pass that continued the cycle, Someone other than Konecny and Hagg have to start hitting people in the defensive zone.
I have to again call out Simmer here. How about Frenchie going high on Patrick and nobody does anything to him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we have to take care of business too.

Yes, we do, but our road is easier than theirs and we still have a slim edge in points too, plus the tiebreaker. There are no excuses here if we fail to make the playoffs. It would be an absolute collapse.

The time for moral victories is over and now we need points every single time we lace them up, especially Thursday.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gudas does some hitting, Provorov too. Laughton and Simmonds also to a lesser extent. All of them over 100 hits and Manning is close to that milestone as well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we really need here is a goal from some of our players who haven't scored in awhile (or at all). I'm talking mostly about Couturier, Ghost and Lindblom, but also Filppula and Raffl. These guys account for 59 of our goals this season but are all in the middle of serious dry spells. Oskar has yet to score an Nhl goal, but is way overdue. It should come really soon here too because he's going to the front of the net again and again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudas does some hitting, Provorov too. Laughton and Simmonds also to a lesser extent. All of them over 100 hits and Manning is close to that milestone as well.
Simmonds should be up around the 164-190 range which at the very least is 2 per game. Right now he is averaging 1.6. Over the course of the season that is an extra 32 hits. He needs to get a lot tougher especially down the stretch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we really need here is a goal from some of our players who haven't scored in awhile (or at all). I'm talking mostly about Couturier, Ghost and Lindblom, but also Filppula and Raffl. These guys account for 59 of our goals this season but are all in the middle of serious dry spells. Oskar has yet to score an Nhl goal, but is way overdue. It should come really soon here too because he's going to the front of the net again and again.
I will agree with this 100%

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think this late in the season that veterans would know how to clear the puck from the zone at the end of a game. Late goal again. KILLER!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the guy I talked about a few weeks ago on the prospect thread.

My buddy has season seats to Owen Sound and raves about this guy
Your buddy was right. he seems to be scoring a point per game now and he is heading in a positive direction.