• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Edwards is #1 or #2 on my ‘punch him in the face’ list I think.
If this is the guy who called the game last night i want to kick his teeth in. listening to the made my blood boil.:mad2:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but get Lyon out of there asap. I blame him almost entirely for the 1st and 3rd goals against. The crease is not a miniature swimming pool, so don't utilize it that way. Obviously Simmonds was tripped on the turnover that led to the breakaway goal by Gionta. They almost always call that when it's a huge play the other way, but not this time for some reason.

Fucking crushing defeat. We had one point in the bank and possibly a second to come because we're red hot in overtime right now. Not getting at least that point is just absolutely infuriating and unacceptable. It's not good enough and I think it ruined a pretty decent effort by the entire team during a very difficult scenario.

Keep this up and we're either missing the playoffs entirely or playing Tampa in round one. Those are the two nightmares we hope to not have moving forward.

On a side note, I like how the Boston commentators bitch and moan about penalties all game long when the goal that put them up 2-1 was a clear trip or slew foot of Wayne Simmonds. They actually showed a fucking replay of the Flyers having 6 players on the ice, 2 that were right near the bench while we didn't have possession and were whining about no penalty. That happens all game long for both teams and even you two idiots know it, so shut the fuck up.
Blaming Lyon for these two goals is ridiculous. Bruins shouldnt be battling that close to our net with out anyoine getting them out of the crease. no resistance from Flyers in close led to both of those goals.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming Lyon for these two goals is ridiculous. Bruins shouldnt be battling that close to our net with out anyoine getting them out of the crease. no resistance from Flyers in close led to both of those goals.

As a whole, I don't think Boston came at us very hard last night offensively. Our goalie should've been able to put up some decent numbers. Instead, he flops around and overplays the 1st goal against and chokes at the very end of the game too. Yes, the coverage around him was not ideal either time, but he has to cover his own position better. That's just fucking terrible, I'm sorry. He continues to look shaky and nearly gave them another goal by passing the puck to Ghost in his own crease. He's just not ready for this opportunity and perhaps never will be.

It's harsh criticism, but what I am saying here is the truth. The average Nhl backup gives up two or fewer for us against Boston last night. And well, that was the difference.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a whole, I don't think Boston came at us very hard last night offensively. Our goalie should've been able to put up some decent numbers. Instead, he flops around and overplays the 1st goal against and chokes at the very end of the game too. Yes, the coverage around him was not ideal either time, but he has to cover his own position better. That's just fucking terrible, I'm sorry. He continues to look shaky and nearly gave them another goal by passing the puck to Ghost in his own crease. He's just not ready for this opportunity and perhaps never will be.
This is why hes a fourth string on our depth chart maybe fifth. He played better last night than Mrazek has played in the previous 4. Our team as NHL players should know he is a stop gap goalie and do everything they can to help him out. In both case nobody did anything but watch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PP who goes 1-5 again should shoulder the blame for this loss.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but get Lyon out of there asap. I blame him almost entirely for the 1st and 3rd goals against. The crease is not a miniature swimming pool, so don't utilize it that way. Obviously Simmonds was tripped on the turnover that led to the breakaway goal by Gionta. They almost always call that when it's a huge play the other way, but not this time for some reason.

Fucking crushing defeat. We had one point in the bank and possibly a second to come because we're red hot in overtime right now. Not getting at least that point is just absolutely infuriating and unacceptable. It's not good enough and I think it ruined a pretty decent effort by the entire team during a very difficult scenario.

Keep this up and we're either missing the playoffs entirely or playing Tampa in round one. Those are the two nightmares we hope to not have moving forward.

On a side note, I like how the Boston commentators bitch and moan about penalties all game long when the goal that put them up 2-1 was a clear trip or slew foot of Wayne Simmonds. They actually showed a fucking replay of the Flyers having 6 players on the ice, 2 that were right near the bench while we didn't have possession and were whining about no penalty. That happens all game long for both teams and even you two idiots know it, so shut the fuck up.
Those clowns are almost as bad as the pens announcers drive me nuts. Not to mention that was on NHL channel not the actual Boston feed. Even the homers tone it down a little while on a national feed bunch of tools.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why hes a fourth string on our depth chart maybe fifth. He played better last night than Mrazek has played in the previous 4. Our team as NHL players should know he is a stop gap goalie and do everything they can to help him out. In both case nobody did anything but watch.

Yes, he is 5th string, that's why Mrazek is a far better option.

And no, you can't just judge how well a goalie played based on how many goals he gave up. We were giving up breakaways and odd-man rushes left and right in front of Mrazek. That was not the case last night for Lyon. The defense was a lot better in front of him.

I'm just tired of having to score 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 goals to get a win when Lyon gets the start.

This is crunch time and we need our best players out on the ice.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those clowns are almost as bad as the pens announcers drive me nuts. Not to mention that was on NHL channel not the actual Boston feed. Even the homers tone it down a little while on a national feed bunch of tools.

It's partly why I am so fucking upset after watching the tape of this one. These two guys, Edwards and Brickley, are two of the biggest fucking homers and tools in hockey. They should be embarrassed by that shit in front of a nationwide audience.

It's actually laughable. These guys will skip right over mistakes that the refs make that are in their favor and then all game long bring up borderline shit that never gets called. A couple of serious pussies that have no business calling a hockey game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is 5th string, that's why Mrazek is a far better option.

And no, you can't just judge how well a goalie played based on how many goals he gave up. We were giving up breakaways and odd-man rushes left and right in front of Mrazek. That was not the case last night for Lyon. The defense was a lot better in front of him.

I'm just tired of having to score 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 goals to get a win when Lyon gets the start.

This is crunch time and we need our best players out on the ice.
Im not basing Mrazek on how many goals he gave up. Im basing Mrazek on how many rebounds he gives up and how many of those goals left right in front of Mrazek are attributed to his lack of rebound control. No doubt he is the better option of the two but Lyon getting the start last night did not hurt us and was a good choice to start against the Bruins. Our PP going 1-5 was the cause of that loss.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not basing Mrazek on how many goals he gave up. Im basing Mrazek on how many rebounds he gives up and how many of those goals left right in front of Mrazek are attributed to his lack of rebound control. No doubt he is the better option of the two but Lyon getting the start last night did not hurt us and was a good choice to start against the Bruins. Our PP going 1-5 was the cause of that loss.

Mrazek has been under way more offensive pressure in the last several games than Lyon was last night and the kid still cracked under it. I wouldn't start him again unless it's an emergency, plain and simple.

Our power play actually looked dynamic last night and 1 for 5 is 20%, which is right on our season average and probably also the league average. We won the special teams battle last night. Not sure how that was the cause of our loss.

That said, I would've used our timeout before the last power play and gotten our entire top unit out there from the start. That may not have changed anything, but we might as well gun for the win with the man advantage late.

Last edited:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyon was great last night as was Letera

The PP isnt producing.

We played a good game overall on the road on the 2nd night of a back to back.
Gotta take the positives and put it behind us real fast

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyon was great last night as was Letera

The PP isnt producing.

We played a good game overall on the road on the 2nd night of a back to back.
Gotta take the positives and put it behind us real fast

Good point.

Last 10 games:

Schenn: 1 goal -5

Lehtera: 3 goals +3

:lol::agree::10:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and if anyone thinks we're not playing well, check out those Blues in St. Louis. Since the start of February, they've lost 11 of 15 games and 9 of their last 10. Thanks for those 1st rounders!!

It was a better effort last night, for sure, and I'm being tough on Lyon, but our goalie needs to be better in the clutch to preserve that point. I don't want to see him flopping around the crease either. We don't have a Hasek, it won't work...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrazek has been under way more offensive pressure in the last several games than Lyon was last night and the kid still cracked under it. I wouldn't start him again unless it's an emergency, plain and simple.

Our power play actually looked dynamic last night and 1 for 5 is 20%, which is right on our season average and probably also the league average. We won the special teams battle last night. Not sure how that was the cause of our loss.

That said, I would've used our timeout before the last power play and gotten our entire top unit out there from the start. That may not have changed anything, but we might as well gun for the win with the man advantage late.
Mrazek has been under pressure because he creates the pressure by giving up rebounds its really easy to see that i dont know why you cant.

With all of our star power on our number one unit and you're happy with the league average. That's quite ridiculous.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point;
Lehtera getting paid 1.5 million per goal

:lol::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::thumb::agree::10:

That's the whole point. A salary dump, useless forward outscoring Brayden Schenn, a player you claim would make us a Cup contender, across ten games 3 goals to 1.

Pathetic.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the whole point. A salary dump, useless forward outscoring Brayden Schenn, a player you claim would make us a Cup contender, across ten games 3 goals to 1.

Pathetic.

Schenn- 24Gs 33 A's 57Pts +14 All star game, leads his team in points
Lehtera -3G's 4A's 7 Pts -4

Youre right again its better to have Lehtera this season than Shenn :trash::nono: :lol:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn- 24Gs 33 A's 57Pts +14
Lehtera -3G's 4A's 7 Pts -4

Youre right again its better to have Lehtera this season than Shenn :trash::nono: :lol:

With Morgan Frost on the way and their 1st round pick this year in our pocket while they sit tied for 18th in league standings, you are correct.